National Wildlife Refuges: Chesapeake Bay
By Networked Organisms
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Explore 11 iconic National Wildlife Refuges of the Chesapeake Bay and share your wildlife encounters from each location. Connect with a community of outdoor enthusiasts, help document species, and promote conservation, all with your iPhone!
A hundred years in the making, the National Wildlife Refuge System is a network of habitats that benefits wildlife, provides unparalleled outdoor experiences for all Americans, and protects a healthy environment. Learn about featured refuges in the Chesapeake Bay, help catalog species found across the region, and earn some awesome patches along the way, with National Wildlife Refuges: Chesapeake Bay.
Powered by Project Noah. Brought to you by National Geographic and the Chesapeake Conservancy.
With support from the U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service.
• Overview of the Chesapeake Bay watershed, the largest estuary in the United States.
• Details including location, operating hours, and guides for 11 featured National Wildlife Refuges.
• View all the plants and animals observed at each refuge with our digital field guide.
• Create a profile and connect with other refuge visitors, nature explorers, and scientists.
• Submit wildlife observations, help document species, and earn some awesome patches!
Looks and works great. Nice that it's integrated with Project Noah and Facebook. Would be nice if it included state wildlife management areas (VA).
- Category: Education
- Released: Oct 03, 2012
- Version: 1.0
- Size: 14.9 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Networked Organisms LLC
- © 2012 Networked Organisms
Compatibility: Requires iOS 4.3 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.