Introducing digital birth control. A natural method of birth control that uses a smart algorithm to learn your cycle and identify your ovulation by analyzing your basal body temperature. Natural Cycles is for women over the age of 18. Natural Cycles does not protect against sexually transmitted infections (STIs).
Natural Cycles is only available as a method of birth control in the USA and Europe. In countries outside the USA and Europe, Natural Cycles is intended to be used as a fertility tracker.
Natural Cycles is 93% effective under typical use, which means that 7 women out of 100 get pregnant during 1 year of use.* No method of contraception is 100% effective, even when using the app perfectly you can still have an unintended pregnancy.
Natural Cycles shows you:
○ How your unique cycle works
○ Daily updates on where you are in your cycle
○ When you are in the fertile phase of your cycle and need to use protection (e.g. condoms)
○ When your ovulation is detected and predicted
○ When your period is coming up and when you can expect PMS
○ The science behind your menstrual cycle
Natural Cycles is:
○ The first digital method of birth control available in both the USA and Europe
○ Backed by scientific research
○ CE marked & FDA cleared
Yearly plan: 79.99 USD/year. Free thermometer included.
Monthly plan: 9.99 USD/ month. Thermometer not included.
Free trial: 30 day free trial. Thermometer not included.
To use the app you need a two-decimal basal thermometer.
○ As a contraceptive, Natural Cycles may be less suitable for you if you have irregular menstrual cycles (i.e. cycles shorter than 21 days or longer than 35 days) and/or fluctuating temperatures as predicting fertility is more difficult in these circumstances. Natural Cycles’ effectiveness as a contraceptive is not affected by irregular cycles, but you will experience an increased number of red days, which can reduce your satisfaction with Natural Cycles.
○ Natural Cycles does not protect against sexually transmitted infections (STIs). Use a condom to protect against STIs.
Want to learn more about Natural Cycles? Visit:
Natural Cycles offers in-app purchases, allowing users to buy an auto-renewable Natural Cycles subscription with their Apple ID. The payment will be charged to the user's iTunes Account at confirmation of purchase. The subscription will be automatically renewed unless auto-renewal is canceled at least 24 hours prior to the end of the current subscription period. The account will be charged for this renewal within 24 hours prior to the end of the current subscription period at the monthly or yearly price described above. Subscriptions may be managed by the user and auto-renewal may be turned off in the iTunes Account Settings after purchase. Cancellation of the current subscription is not possible during an active subscription period.
To use Natural Cycles, you need to understand English or one of the supported languages.
* E. Berglund Scherwitzl et al. Perfect-use and typical-use Pearl Index of a contraceptive mobile app. Read more here: https://doi.org/10.1016/j.contraception.2017.08.014
A few polishes for a better experience.
Ratings and Reviews
Understanding the complexities of ovulation cycles is hard enough. Thankfully, Natural Cycles aims to make the monitoring process a whole lot less stressful. By logging just a few vital signs, the app’s powerful algorithm can help predict crucial fertility windows, pregnancy, or even potential miscarriages. We’re also impressed by Natural Cycles’ clear, intuitive design—no cold waiting rooms to be found here.
I love this form of birth control! It’s liberating and easy and accurate!
I am 24 and have been on and off birth control since I was 18. I’ve never really liked the idea of being on long term (or short term honestly) hormonal birth controls. I tried a copper iud but my uterus rejected it 🙄 I was so close to getting an implant because I was getting pretty bad at taking my pill but then I heard about this app. I talked with my partner about how he felt about doing this and he said “if I was a girl I would use this! It sounds a lot safer than using pills or something permanent.” And that was all I needed to get off the pill. We’ve been using this app for 4 months now and I work night shift so as long as I sleep for 4 hours I can take an accurate temperature. He can also download the app so he can see my green and red days to see when we need to be more careful. I feel great using this too because when we start trying to get pregnant (3 years away but still) I won’t have to detox my body from the pill or go to the doctor to get anything removed or anything. It does take discipline to take your temp every morning but it’s worth it and easy if you have a routine. I use a sleep app called sleep cycle to make sure I’ve gotten enough hours to take a temp so that’s part of my routine ☺️
Works well only if you are regular
I became pregnant on a form of birth control called an IUD. I had had it for 5 years. This pregnancy ended in a miscarriage and it was incredibly rough physically and emotionally. My doctor and I were unsure of what to do when it came to birth control because she didn’t trust another IUD, and there were no other non-hormone options I preferred. I researched and came across Natural Cycles, I paid and received a thermometer. Firstly, the thermometer was a disappointment as it was the exact same one I had purchased that was store brand from a local chain. I got over it and started the process of checking my temp and recording every morning. Things because tricky as my body began to do funky things it hadn’t done before my miscarriage. I missed a period, or I was late. Six months later I ended up pregnant again, while I shouldn’t have been able to. It was a mix of my body being all over the place, and your app not knowing the situation. Now I am 20 weeks pregnant, and I had switched the app over to track pregnancy from it preventing pregnancy. How awful. I lost out on so much money for something that didn’t work for me, then I thought it should be the best pregnancy tracker and have all sorts of info because of the science aspect. Nope, none of it. I am so disappointed that I have this useless app that I paid so much for. Some of it has to do with my unfortunate situation, but not all of it.
- NaturalCycles Nordic AB
- 21.1 MB
- Health & Fitness
- Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- English, Danish, Finnish, German, Norwegian Bokmål, Portuguese, Spanish, Swedish
- Age Rating
- You must be at least 17 years old to download this app.
- Infrequent/Mild Sexual Content and Nudity
- Frequent/Intense Medical/Treatment Information
- © NaturalCycles Nordic AB
- In-App Purchases
- Monthly $9.99
- Annual $79.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.