Introducing digital birth control. A natural method of birth control that uses a smart algorithm to learn your cycle and identify your ovulation by analyzing your basal body temperature. Natural Cycles is for women over the age of 18. Natural Cycles does not protect against sexually transmitted infections (STIs).
Natural Cycles is only available as a method of birth control in the USA and Europe. In countries outside the USA and Europe, Natural Cycles is intended to be used as a fertility tracker.
Natural Cycles is 93% effective under typical use, which means that 7 women out of 100 get pregnant during 1 year of use.* No method of contraception is 100% effective, even when using the app perfectly you can still have an unintended pregnancy.
Natural Cycles shows you:
○ How your unique cycle works
○ Daily updates on where you are in your cycle
○ When you are in the fertile phase of your cycle and need to use protection (e.g. condoms)
○ When your ovulation is detected and predicted
○ When your period is coming up and when you can expect PMS
○ The science behind your menstrual cycle
Natural Cycles is:
○ The first digital method of birth control available in both the USA and Europe
○ Backed by scientific research
○ CE marked & FDA cleared
Yearly plan: 79.99 USD/year. Free thermometer included.
Monthly plan: 9.99 USD/ month. Thermometer not included.
Free trial: 30 day free trial. Thermometer not included.
To use the app you need a two-decimal basal thermometer.
○ As a contraceptive, Natural Cycles may be less suitable for you if you have irregular menstrual cycles (i.e. cycles shorter than 21 days or longer than 35 days) and/or fluctuating temperatures as predicting fertility is more difficult in these circumstances. Natural Cycles’ effectiveness as a contraceptive is not affected by irregular cycles, but you will experience an increased number of red days, which can reduce your satisfaction with Natural Cycles.
○ Natural Cycles does not protect against sexually transmitted infections (STIs). Use a condom to protect against STIs.
Want to learn more about Natural Cycles? Visit:
Natural Cycles offers in-app purchases, allowing users to buy an auto-renewable Natural Cycles subscription with their Apple ID. The payment will be charged to the user's iTunes Account at confirmation of purchase. The subscription will be automatically renewed unless auto-renewal is canceled at least 24 hours prior to the end of the current subscription period. The account will be charged for this renewal within 24 hours prior to the end of the current subscription period at the monthly or yearly price described above. Subscriptions may be managed by the user and auto-renewal may be turned off in the iTunes Account Settings after purchase. Cancellation of the current subscription is not possible during an active subscription period.
To use Natural Cycles, you need to understand English or one of the supported languages.
* E. Berglund Scherwitzl et al. Perfect-use and typical-use Pearl Index of a contraceptive mobile app. Read more here: https://doi.org/10.1016/j.contraception.2017.08.014
We have polished the app for an even smoother experience.
Ratings and Reviews
Understanding the complexities of ovulation cycles is hard enough. Thankfully, Natural Cycles aims to make the monitoring process a whole lot less stressful. By logging just a few vital signs, the app’s powerful algorithm can help predict crucial fertility windows, pregnancy, or even potential miscarriages. We’re also impressed by Natural Cycles’ clear, intuitive design—no cold waiting rooms to be found here.
A suggestion for better accuracy when taking LH tests is instead of marking negative or positive it would be beneficial to have pictures of what they LH test looks like for example 1 line| 1 light 1 dark| 2 dark.
Because sometimes when the app suggests for me to take them it skips my ovulation day (or what I think it is) and then never get a positive test for the cycle. Other than that I love this app! It would also be cool (not necessary) to give more tips on the stages of the cycle, for instance why you’re more hungry before you start your period etc...fun facts to understand our moods and bodies better!
Love this app! Although I have unique side effect
Omg, I love being able to accurately track my fertility without using Birth Control pills or implants! I hated all of the hormones. I feel so empowered and in control now that I know when my cycle is going to come. It’s amazing! I need to give it more time to see how well it works in terms of preventing pregnancy but those are my initial thoughts.
I thought this would the one form of birth control that didn’t have any side effects. But alas it does! Every single night I dream about taking my temperature and then I wake up in the middle of the night scared that I missed the opportunity to take my temperature. 😫😂 it’s pretty funny. that’s the only thing I would say for me but Im sure my body will stop obsessing over that and will adjust soon.
- NaturalCycles Nordic AB
- 24.5 MB
- Health & Fitness
- Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- English, Finnish, German, Portuguese, Spanish, Swedish
- Age Rating
- You must be at least 17 years old to download this app.
- Frequent/Intense Medical/Treatment Information
- Infrequent/Mild Sexual Content and Nudity
- © NaturalCycles Nordic AB
- In-App Purchases
- Monthly $9.99
- Annual $79.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.