By Green Mountain Digital
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Introducing a new kind of nature app.
"I was most impressed with NatureTap due to its innate ability to engage users, both kids and adults. Learning by way of games is fun. The beautiful images of the sundry species are themselves captivating."
- Robert Mortensen, BirdingIsFun.com
Build your nature app. Download the free app and get instant access to 28 beautiful North American birds, each with a brilliant image, detailed range map, song/call, and description. Register your app and receive the full Insects and Spiders module, which includes 100 common species for free! Add additional nature subjects quickly and easily with in-app purchase.
Tap into the great outdoors with NatureTap, the only nature app that lets you swipe, flip and tap your way through hundreds of birds, bugs, frogs, flowers and now mammals. And challenge yourself with fun and exciting games.
Tap into more Nature now. Build your app with in-app purchase.
• Birds: Includes an additional 200 of the most common and beautiful North American birds. Games include matching a bird to its song or image, identifying state birds and a timed memory tile game.
• NEW! Mammals: Includes 100 of the most common and interesting North American mammals. Games include matching images, and a timed memory game.
• Reptiles & Amphibians: Includes 100 of the most common and interesting North American creepy crawlies. Games include matching images, and a timed memory tile game.
• Insects and Spiders: Includes 100 of the most common and interesting North American bugs. Games include matching images, and a timed memory tile game. FREE with product registration!
• Wildflowers: Includes 200 of the most common and loveliest North American blooms and blossoms. Games include matching images, and a timed memory tile game.
You will love the fun visual interface and the intuitive tap-to-search functionality for exploring plants and animals by shape and color. NatureTap includes brilliant images, detailed maps, crystal clear audio, and detailed descriptions.
See something you like? Share it with your friends and family via Facebook, Twitter, or email without ever leaving the app.
About the Developer:
Green Mountain Digital, the world's largest publisher of digital field guides, collectively generating over 1 million downloads; over 100 App Store promotions; and numerous awards. It was founded in 2009 in Woodstock, VT. The company has designed and published more than 75 mobile apps across multiple platforms, including Audubon Birds of North America, Orvis Fly Fishing: The Ultimate Guide, GardenMinder, Sailing World: Knots and Splices, FishBlue, and NatureTap. GMD is the creator of NatureShare, an innovative social platform that allows users to collect wildlife sightings and outdoor experiences and share them with others.
What's New in Version 2.0
- Any previously purchased NaturePacks that may have been deleted after updating your app can be re-downloaded and you will not be re-charged as long as you are using the same iTunes account you purchased with.
- Now including a Mammals Pack! 100 mammals right at your fingertips!
- Fixed an issue with the images in the Memory Game
Stunningly beautiful nature app for older kids, or to view and with younger ones. There are two avenues to learn about nature: Explore and Games. In Explore, by tapping on a bird, flower or wildflower you get an in depth view of the animal/insect/plant and a history of it and its whereabouts. In the birds section you can listen and learn about the bird's call. There is also a game mode with a quiz, memory game or slide in place puzzles. These games are too difficult for younger kids, but the beauty in the explore mode will keep kids busy for quite a while. It would be fun to take a nature hike, snap photos, and come back to see what you could find. There are IAPs, and a link to purchase more apps under the "i" tab. I have made some of the IAP and there was no problem downloading with this version.
I'm a beginner naturalist and find this app very helpful, especially the identification games. They've been more helpful for me than most guidebooks. A couple suggestions: make the picture ID game for birds more challenging, and the birdsong ID game less challenging--or add difficulty levels. I can't get very far in the birdsong game, but I do almost too well in the picture game. I'd also love to see trees added, as well as images of plants along with the wildflowers so I can identify them out of season.
Couldn't find some birds that are common in our area. Wish the app had a way to look up birds in a particular state or region. Looking for an app like the one bird book I use with the added bonus of hearing what it sounds like. Sometimes just trying to figure out what bird I hear or see but am not familiar with that particular bird. I'm willing to pay for a good app that has all I need when out in the woods.
- Category: Education
- Updated: Apr 26, 2013
- Version: 2.0
- Size: 19.0 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Green Mountain Digital LLC
- © Green Mountain Digital LLC
Compatibility: Requires iOS 4.3 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.
Top In-App Purchases
- Birds pack$0.99
- Wildflowers Pack$0.99
- Reptiles and Amphibians pack$0.99
- Mammals pack$0.99