WHAT'S INSIDE THE NAV AND RADAR APP – PART A
· 10 fully worked exam style questions on each subject.
· Clear set of notes that I personally wrote.
· Chart work - understanding what needs to be shown and how not to make silly mistakes.
· Radar plotting made easy; I am not a mathematician so I show you how to check your answers the easy way. I promise no hard maths!
· Secondary Ports - we learnt this for RYA Yachtmaster and now you need to re-learn it the MCA way.
· How not to lose marks.
· Recommendation on chart equipment – so you can be as accurate as possible.
· Links to paper charts.
· Downloads to Radar Plotting sheets, Deviation Card, Vertical Sextant Angle tables.
· I teach using current exam style questions - Don’t forget I was a MCA Nav and Radar Teacher!
Nav and Radar is not an easy exam, however my concept is. If you have a Nav and Radar course booked and you don’t want to waste time or money by failing, then you need this App. This way you can hit the ground running and have the time to really understand the class/course. The best way to pass is to make sure you feel 100% confident with the parts we know are going to be in the exam. Chart work, Secondary Ports, and Radar are in every written exam!
For the students who failed - I found the guys who went back to school had to waste time on the subjects they were good at, and not enough time was spent on the subjects they were bad at. With my Nav and Radar app you can save yourself time and concentrate on what you need.
For the students about to do their Oral Exam – If you passed your Nav and Radar almost 3 years ago, they will ask you about Chart work, Tides, and Radar Plotting. What better way can you have than to redo the exam style questions to bring you back up to the right level.
Or alternatively you are getting ready to sit your oral prep - they will ask this in your oral exam and some of you may be a little rusty.
WHY I CREATED IT?
Because it’s a hard subject and so many people fail.
HOW DO YOU PRE-STUDY FOR SOMETHING THAT YOU HAVE NO IDEA ABOUT?
I found this course very hard to do the pre-study as a student, and that no amount of books actually explained how to do the radar plotting.
HOW DOES IT WORK?
My Nav and Radar App comes in two parts to match the exam system:
Part A – Chart work, Radar Plotting, and Secondary Ports.
Part B – Theory which matches the syllabus.
I have also split them into two sections to allow for flexibility, as some people may not need assistance in both parts.
Watch my free videos create an account and watch my full teaching for Part A of the written exam my full teaching for free! Plus, fully worked typical exam questions together.
Thanks to great feedback from crew, this version includes the following:
• Chart work question updated
• Content updated for 2017
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.