Great for hikers, sailors, pilots, astronomers, ham radio operators, or anyone that needs more information than a basic weather app.
● Astronomical, Nautical, and Civil sunlight times.
● Maidenhead coordinates for ham radio operators.
● Pressure, Density Altitudes, and Ceiling information.
● Maps view of the nearest weather station and its data including the METAR.
● Day and night user selectable font colors.
● It makes a great night stand clock!
● Barometric pressure indicator.
● Julian date options (JD, JDN, MJD, RJD).
● Course and Speed is displayed for devices that support it.
● Background sky condition photographs change to closely approximate the actual sky conditions in your vicinity.
● Current weather station information for your location including “Feels Like” temperature, the Wind Chill or Heat Index based upon the temperature, wind, and humidity. A fine resolution of the current weather conditions is displayed including wind gusts, wind variability, and visibilities as low as “<50” feet in some cases.
● Copyable current location coordinates so that they may be pasted into other apps.
● Many preference settings allow you to customize the format of the display including the metric system, 24-hour time, Degrees-Minutes-Seconds, Degrees-Minutes.M, WGS 84, or Maidenhead coordinate systems, Fahrenheit, Celsius, or both, tenths of degrees, aviation weather formats, disable auto-lock (prevents the screen from sleeping), and more.
● Languages: English. Some translations for German, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Spanish, and Swedish.
** DISCLAIMER **
High density altitude adversely impacts aircraft performance. Data from this app should not be the sole source of this information.
DO NOT USE FOR FLIGHT PLANNING PURPOSES.
Fixed a start up crash when a badly formatted pressure was received.
Fixed coordinates E/W flag bug when location is at 0 degrees.
Other bug fixes and improvements.
Ratings and Reviews
Temperature way off - waste of $
Doesn’t seem like the weather part of the app is calibrated to current reports or feeds. Temps are off by 30 degrees at times. If Apple could put a decent clock app in their phone I would have saved a buck.
Review of Version 1.04 (updated content)
I committed a long time ago that when someone offered a side-by-side dual temperature format on the same screen (Fahrenheit/Celsius) “I would jump on it”. Prior to this App, I had to constantly flip between screens and settings to readily determine the conversion for my location.
Likewise, this App has a great easy to view presentation and I’m very happy with it. Ok, I have disabled a few options that I don’t need although it’s nice to have them. BTW, there appears to be a bug when selecting standard time format vs. the 24-hour option. In my case, it stays on the 24-hour format regardless of the App’s preferences. No big deal since I prefer the 24-hour clock but still.
I also found that some preference settings could only be cleared after you manually connect your iPhone to your Mac and perform a manual sync. I had inadvertently selected “Show Accuracy” which displayed something in affect “Coordinating Accuracy” and it wouldn’t go away. The above procedure cleared it. Not a big deal although it’s a cheetah-flip work around to set things right.
If the developer would allow us to have a few swipe actions for other locations, similar to the basic Weather App, that would be just way cool.
Great APP and accurate
I live by Camarillo airport and this thing must get the info from the METAR at KCMA. Very cool. Now I just look over at my iphone to see what the weather is like. One suggestion, if you have your iphone general setting at Autolock < 1 sec, which is what you would normally have to conserve and not have any inadvertant buttons pressed, you would then have to slide your finger across to see the current weather. Can we get an option when you start the program to have an always on button? This would allow the program to always be on until you started another app or turned off, eliminating the need to go into the settings page everytime you wanted to have it in the dock and always on. Also it would be nice to have the station you are getting your weather from displayed on the home screen. Great work.
- Split Rail, Inc.
- 38.4 MB
- Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- English, German, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Spanish, Swedish
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2008 - 2018 Split Rail, Inc.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.