Great for hikers, sailors, pilots, astronomers, ham radio operators, or anyone that needs more information than a basic weather app.
● Astronomical, Nautical, and Civil sunlight times.
● Maidenhead coordinates for ham radio operators.
● Pressure, Density Altitudes, and Ceiling information.
● Maps view of the nearest weather station and its data including the METAR.
● Day and night user selectable font colors.
● It makes a great night stand clock!
● Barometric pressure indicator.
● Julian date options (JD, JDN, MJD, RJD).
● Course and Speed is displayed for devices that support it.
● Background sky condition photographs change to closely approximate the actual sky conditions in your vicinity.
● Current weather station information for your location including “Feels Like” temperature, the Wind Chill or Heat Index based upon the temperature, wind, and humidity. A fine resolution of the current weather conditions is displayed including wind gusts, wind variability, and visibilities as low as “<50” feet in some cases.
● Copyable current location coordinates so that they may be pasted into other apps.
● Many preference settings allow you to customize the format of the display including the metric system, 24-hour time, Degrees-Minutes-Seconds, Degrees-Minutes.M, WGS 84, or Maidenhead coordinate systems, Fahrenheit, Celsius, or both, tenths of degrees, aviation weather formats, disable auto-lock (prevents the screen from sleeping), and more.
● Languages: English. Some translations for German, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Spanish, and Swedish.
** DISCLAIMER **
High density altitude adversely impacts aircraft performance. Data from this app should not be the sole source of this information.
DO NOT USE FOR FLIGHT PLANNING PURPOSES.
Fixed a start up crash when a badly formatted pressure was received.
Fixed coordinates E/W flag bug when location is at 0 degrees.
Other bug fixes and improvements.
Ratings and Reviews
Worthless No support continuously crashes
Not worth it
Developer Response ,
I am the developer. I’m sorry to hear that the app is crashing for you and would like the opportunity to find out what is happening and fix it. Please contact technical support within Nav Clock or on our web site.
Nav Clock is a bit confusing for the layperson, and its privacy settings leave something to be desired. It eIther always tracks (and gives away) your location, or it won't give you any information. It needs a third option in privacy / location setting, versus Always and Never.
Developer Response ,
Thank you for the feedback. We have added the 'While Using' option to the current version.
Nav Clock Review
Excellent update. Still a must-have for travelers and anybody spending time outdoors.
- Split Rail, Inc.
- 38.4 MB
- Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- English, German, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Spanish, Swedish
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2008 - 2018 Split Rail, Inc.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.