By Isreal Shortman
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
The Navajo Toddler App is designed for children ages 2 to 9 to learn to speak the Navajo language through the use of interactive visual flashcards, audio, and gameplay lessons.
The use of the app will introduce children to basic Navajo vocabulary in categories such as numbers, food, colors, body parts, common sayings, and animals. Children can flip through the fun illustrated flash cards for a visual association of the word and listen to the audio pronunciation of each word to get familiar with how the word is spoken. Once a child becomes familiar with the words they can play a visual and audio game that will give them three fun illustrations to choose from and one word in Navajo to increase there memory of words and pronunciation. The game is random and kids can keep playing an increase their knowledge of the language.
Learning Navajo is a fun and exciting exercise for your child especially at a very young age. With the Navajo Toddler app, your child will enjoy the attraction of interactive flashcards, audio, and the positive feedback and progression through gameplay of the play module.
Here's what is in the Navajo Toddler app:
• Develop basic vocabulary in Navajo
• Immerse your child through our use of a native Navajo speaker
• Form word relationships quickly with categories of content
• High-quality and fun illustrations that help increase retention and
How to play:
• Select a lesson or category.
• Swipe from image to image and tap on the image to listen to the
native Navajo speaker
• Have you child repeat the word in Navajo to practice pronunciation
• Watch as your child enjoys learning the Navajo language.
• Select play
• Listen to the native Navajo speaker say the word.
• Click on one of the three images that match the word.
• After selecting the correct word and getting feedback, a new word
and set of images will appear.
• Your child can keep playing and become more familiar with
each word and pronunciation.
Additional features and lessons coming soon!
What's New in Version 1.7
- audio fix when on mute
I love it but it needs to be updated
Apparently the app doesn't work well with the new iOS update and it is showing the check mark over icons during the quiz after the first question is answered. It doesn't say it is right there is just a giant green checkmark over some of the icons. Small factor for a great app that is helping me learn some vocabulary. :)
It's nice to see a Navajo language app on the App Store. The spelling, audible pronunciation and illustrations are really great. Although it does lack a lot of basic stuff: not all the colors are there, the bigger numbers beyond the teens and some more useful phrases. I hope the developers add more content soon.
I'm full blooded, but can't speak my own language. I have a two year old boy who's half blooded and I'm so glad I can teach him along with me learning our roots in language. Thank you :)
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Education
- Updated: Aug 22, 2012
- Version: 1.7
- Size: 16.9 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Isreal Shortman
- © Isreal Shortman
Compatibility: Requires iOS 4.1 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.