Navmii GPS USA: Navigation, Maps and Traffic (Navfree GPS)
By Geolife Ltd.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Navfree, the awesome free voice guided navigation app with over 20 million users, just got a whole lot better and now has a new name…
We have thousands of 5-STAR REVIEWS:
- best satnav app out there
- great app at no cost
- why buy a satnav when navmii does it all
- unbeatable value and functionality
- love, love this app!
We have been busy preparing our biggest ever update and are proud to introduce some fantastic new features:
• Amazing new user interface
• Free Real-time traffic and road information
• Community map reports
• New updated maps
• Better, smarter and faster search
• Millions of points of interest added
And all the features that made Navfree great are still included:
• Complete voice guided navigation
• Incredibly beautiful HD maps
• Fast routing - no data connection required
• Automatic rerouting
• Offline and Online Address search
• Navigate via Postcode, City, Street or POI
• Integrated Google Street View
• + Much, much more
Navmii features on-board OpenStreetMap (OSM) maps, which are stored on your device and
therefore requires no data connection (unless of course you use the connected services). Use Navmii abroad to avoid high roaming costs!
We're always eager to hear about your experience of using Navmii. If you would like help with the app or would just like to tell us what you think, please email email@example.com.
PLEASE NOTE: Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life. Navmii will turn into a sleep mode and stop consuming battery power if you run it in the background and haven't driven for a while. GPS will be completely off during the sleep mode.
What's New in Version 3.1.0
- Improved performance for iPhone 4
- Improved traffic display
- New user profile
- Bug fixes
Still cannot sort lists though. E.g., would like to rearrange my “Favorites” list… but the editing mode doesn’t allow dragging list items up and down. Also, it excludes addresses already stored within my iPhone’s contacts… everything has to be an Internet “search” for some strange reason.
Map data doesn’t seem quite as accurate as other apps (such as Waze and MotionX GPS Drive). E.g., there are two rotaries (roundabouts) in my area… but, Navmii still shows them as regular intersections. [yes, I have updated to the latest maps.]
Excellent rework and bugfixes
The new look is much more user friendly and polished and all the bugs from the last update have been worked out.
As for functionality, my favorite thing about this app is you don't need data to use it, so you folks who are too cheap to shell out for data with appreciate this over TomTom or Navigon which requires data. I liked this app so much I got the Homer Simpson voice and the ad free version to support the developers.
Nice update; one tweak recommended.
Great app. I like the look and user friendliness of the major update. One issue, however, has not been fixed. Directions do not tell you in which direction (route 287 north or south) you should take highways and other major roads. This is a major headache when on-ramps and turn offs to a particular highway are right next to each other; a frequent occurrence in New Jersey. Please fix and keep up the good work!
- Category: Navigation
- Updated: Mar 04, 2015
- Version: 3.1.0
- Size: 50.3 MB
- Languages: English, Bokmål, Norwegian, Chinese, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hungarian, Italian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Spanish, Swedish, Turkish
- Seller: Geolife Ltd.
- © Navmii Publishing Ltd.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5, iPhone 6, and iPhone 6 Plus.
Top In-App Purchases
- Ad-Free Version$1.99
- Snoop Dogg Voice$4.99
- Map of Canada$3.99
- Live Traffic (month)$2.99
- Map of Mexico$3.99
- Speed Camera Cyclops (month) $1.99
- Homer Simpson Voice$4.99
- Live Parking Locations$3.99
- Live Traffic (year)$17.99
- Cyclops Safety Camera$4.99