North America - iGO primo app
By NNG Szoftverfejleszto es Kereskedelmi Kft
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Join the millions of users who have already chosen iGO navigation all over the world.
After downloading the iGO primo application you CAN START TO USE IT IMMEDIATELY. IT WORKS IN OFFLINE MODE, there are NO ROAMING FEES. Your iPhone becomes a FULL VALUE NAVIGATION device, just like any dedicated satellite navigation device. From now on all maps and additional content are available AS INAPP ITEMS ONLY. (see details of the coverage below).
- Fast, short, easy-to-follow, and green routes
- Automatic route recalculation
- Multipoint-route support
- Get social! Share your routes on Facebook!
- Navigate to GPS-coordinates, pictures
- Local/POI search: find businesses or anything else you need around your position
- Country specific lane guidance & signposts (where applicable)
- 3D junctions (where applicable)
- Smart keyboard&history
- TTS Pro (where applicable)
- Customizable quick menu & vehicle profile
- Try out the Customer Support Centre: read tips&tricks, send a feedback.
If you need FURTHER EXTRAS, we can offer you several In-App purchase items available in our In-App shop including FREE IN-APP ITEMS. Browse them, read the detailed coverage information and start using them today.
FREE & PAID In-App purchase items, where applicable:
- 3D citymaps
- Explorer’s package ( POI pack)
United States, Canada
IMPORTANT TECHNICAL INFORMATION
Installation and setup
Please note that since iPod touch and iPad (WiFi only) do not have built-in GPS-receivers, an external GPS-receiver is required. Only those receivers are compatible, which are officially supported by Apple. Due to the size of the package and certain In-App items, we recommend purchasing and downloading the application, In-App items or updates through WiFi or fixed line Internet access via the iTunes software installed on a personal computer.
Note: Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life. Background navigation has to be turned on while using the application; you can do this under "Settings / Advanced settings" in iOS 7.
The maps are part of the application, no roaming fees,: no need for cellular network coverage, no surprises. (Some Services – e.g. Live Traffic – require mobile Internet connection. Your operator may charge you for the data used and costs may be significantly higher when used abroad. To avoid unwanted roaming costs being generated abroad by the Live Traffic Service or other services requiring Internet connection (where applicable), please carefully review your settings in the Config Wizard or turn off „Data Roaming” on your device.)
Map updates are subject to availability and may come as part of software updates. End User License Agreement conditions apply.
What's New in Version 2.7.0
PLEASE READ THIS WARNING BEFORE YOU UPDATE THE APP!!!
After you install this update, ALL MAPS FROM THE APP WILL TEMPORARILY DISAPPEAR. To access them, please enter the Shop in the app, and download the latest maps for free. This move is needed because as of this version of the software, maps are not part of the base app. They appear in the Shop within the application as InApp items. Updates will remain free, but you can download or update them independently of the software and you can choose which maps to download in order to better manage the memory usage of your phone.
Sorry for the inconvenience, but this was a necessary step in order to give you a better user experience and a space-saving product in the future.
Thank you for choosing iGO primo as your navigation.
I have ALL significant navigation apps on my iPhone. There are some really good ones available. IGO been the most recent of my downloads but is easily my favorite!
- it is not well advertised in the app description, but they have an awesome speed display and warning. Other apps advertise it then only cover major roads.
- Lots of bad reviews on the download of maps to your phone, but ALL apps go thru this process if they store maps on the phone. You DO need high speed internet though for efficiency. IGO downloads as well as any other onboard map app.
- Clear and precise verbal instructions.
- Colorful, precise, easily readable, and accurate map displays.
- Current and ubiquitous POI database.
- Easy setup of multi destination routes.
NOT SO GOOD:
- A minor annoyance is the tendency to restart the route to a destination after driving past it. That usually does not happen though if you stop when it recognizes end of destination.
Update to 2.7 required download of individual maps. Unfortunately the app auto updates but the maps do not do you have to download each region individually inside the app. Then the maps would not work and I eventually found I had to run the update licenses from inside the app to get everything working again. Igo is a very good Nav but these updates need to be more streamlined. I understand that some of the issues are imposed by apples 2gig limit, but an auto update that leaves you stranded while travelling is not acceptable.
It would be nice if the following features were available:
1 - iCloud capability to store Favorites and History
2 - Street View similar to Google Maps and other Nav apps
The app is an excellent app. I have used several other Nav apps. E.g., Navigon, TomTom, Sygic. This one is the best by far.
The Traffic service is excellent.
- Category: Navigation
- Updated: Jun 11, 2015
- Version: 2.7.0
- Size: 435 MB
- Languages: English, French, Spanish
- Seller: NNG Szoftverfejleszto es Kereskedelmi Kft
- © 2012 NNG Ltd.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 4.3 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
Top In-App Purchases
- Pioneer AppRadio Support$34.99
- 3D Package (North America)$9.99
- Explorer’s Package (North America)$9.99