NAVIGON North America
By Garmin Wuerzburg GmbH
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
With NAVIGON you can turn your iPhone or iPad into a fully functional mobile navigation system. Thanks to a faithful adaptation of the menu functions, the app fits in seamlessly with the iOS operating concept.
"All told, Navigon is a solid app that's worth its price, even next to free apps like Google Maps, our Editors' Choice for free iPhone navigation apps, thanks to Navigon's more extensive feature set, innovative optional plug-ins, and more informative display while driving." (PC Mag, Winner of the Editor's Choice Award)
"NAVIGON is currently the best turn-by-turn navigation app for
iPhone for anyone who needs world-wide options and offline support." (iMore)
"If you really want to step up your navigational game…then you should download Navigon." (CNN)
*** Range of functions ***
- Simple, intuitive user interface
- Can be used in portrait and landscape format
- Precise spoken announcements
- Intelligent address entry
- Lane Assistant Pro
- Real Road Sign
- Speed Assistant with adjustable audio-visual warning
- NAVIGON MyRoutes - Day and night modes for map display (automatic switching)
- 2D and 3D map display (bird’s-eye view)
- Route planning function
- Text-to-Speech (voice playback of street names)
- Extended Pedestrian Navigation using the iPhone’s internal compass
- Local Search
- Reality Scanner for POI searches with Augmented Reality
- Coordinate entry
- SOS Emergency Help
The latest HERE maps (formerly Navteq) map material with coverage for:
USA (incl. Puerto Rico, Virgin Islands), Canada
Furthermore it's now also possible to receive regular, quarterly map updates through Fresh Maps XL.
Latest Map Guarantee:
NAVIGON’s new Latest Map Guarantee provides customers the latest HERE maps (formerly Navteq) map available when purchasing NAVIGON 2.0 for iPhone.
NAVIGON FreshMaps XL:
The latest maps at all times with NAVIGON FreshMaps XL! For a single payment you will receive map updates from experts up to four times a year for a period of two years.
The app is then always up to date and contains not only changes or additions to the road network but also plenty of new POIs. Giving you extra safety, reducing stress and saving time!
NAVIGON MyMaps allows you to carry only the country maps you currently need. Meaning you have more memory space for photos, music and other apps.
Please note the following:
Positioning your iPhone correctly in the vehicle is very important to ensure optimal GPS reception! We recommend that you use the NAVIGON Design Car Kit for the iPhone, which includes both a designer suction pad holder and a car charger, enabling you to charge your iPhone during the journey. Available from specialist retailers or from the NAVIGON shop directly at www.navigon.com!
Should you experience GPS reception problems with your iPhone, please refer to the FAQ on our website:www.navigon.com.
Allowing GPS to run in the background for extended periods can lead to a significant reduction in battery life.
Whether in the car, by bike or on foot, NAVIGON hopes you have fun navigating.
What's New in Version 2.17
- Just activate VoiceCommand with a simple gesture and control essential functions with your voice. The range of functions will be expanded successively in upcoming app updates.*
- Simplified map search by automatically switching to 2D map mode when tapping
- When using the search bar, favorites, recent destinations and iPhone contacts are now taken into account as well
- Improved map display on various display resolutions, more detailed zoom levels with haptic feedback (when using iOS 10 and iPhone 7 or iPhone 7 Plus) and terrain maps in 2D (requires Panorama View 3D)
- Improved positioning under unfavorable GPS conditions
- Navigate up to 70% longer without external power connection
- Improved Arabic language support
- Various stability improvements and bug fixes
* Requires data connection, iPhone running iOS 10, iPad not supported
Used to be reliable - abandoning it now
I relied on Navigon for years across many states, and I found it mostly reliable. Lately, it has let me down repeatedly. I have been diligent about downloading the map updates, but just last night Navigon led me to a restaurant that had closed long ago. Worse still, Navigon recently led me far astray when I was looking for an unfamiliar hotel. I had the street address and city entered correctly, but Navigon took me 20 miles out of my way into a residential neighborhood. (Both Maps and Google Maps showed the correct route instantly.) I am removing this $60 app from my iPad permanently.
I changed my review to 5 stars
I love this app but i have one problem with the new update. When i touch the screen to look at the area while the navigation is working, the screen is flipping upside down , which is distracting while driving. Before the update it was working fine. Hope you will look at it and fix it. Thank you
The default text search searches online by default. It should prioritize searching my own address book, followed by the app' built-in POI database, followed lastly by searching online. Having the info that is already on your phone be the inconveniently 3 taps plus a search away seems ridiculous.
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Navigation
- Updated: Dec 15, 2016
- Version: 2.17
- Size: 144 MB
- Apple Watch: Yes
- Languages: English, Arabic, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hungarian, Italian, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Turkish
- Seller: Garmin Wuerzburg GmbH
- © 2016 Garmin Würzburg GmbH
Compatibility: Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
Top In-App Purchases
- NAVIGON Traffic Live$19.99
- Panorama View 3D$9.99
- USA Speedcams$4.99
- FreshMaps XL NorthAmerica$19.99
- Urban Guidance$4.99