NAVIGON U.S. West
By Garmin Wuerzburg GmbH
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
With NAVIGON you can turn your iPhone or iPad into a fully functional mobile navigation system. Thanks to a faithful adaptation of the menu functions, the app fits in seamlessly with the iOS operating concept.
*** Range of functions ***
- Simple, intuitive user interface
- Can be used in portrait and landscape format
- Precise spoken announcements
- Intelligent address entry
- Lane Assistant Pro
- Real Road Sign
- Speed Assistant with adjustable audio-visual warning
- NAVIGON MyRoutes
- Day and night modes for map display (automatic switching)
- 2D and 3D map display (bird’s-eye view)
- Route planning function
- Text-to-Speech (voice playback of street names)
- Extended Pedestrian Navigation using the iPhone’s internal compass
- Local Search
- Reality Scanner for POI searches with Augmented Reality
- Coordinate entry
- SOS Emergency Help
The latest HERE map material with coverage for:
Included map region:
- Western Part of continental U.S. (AZ, CA, CO, ID, MT, NV, NM, OR, UT, WA, WY)
Furthermore it's now also possible to receive regular, quarterly map updates through Fresh Maps XL.
Optional map regions (can be activated through Fresh Maps XL In App Purchase):
- Central & Eastern part of continental U.S. (AL, AR, CO, IL, IN, IA, KS, KY, LA, MI, MN, MO, MS, MT, NE, NM, ND, OH, OK, SD, TN, TX, WI, WY, CT, DE, FL, GA, IN, KY, MA, ME, MD, MI, NH, NJ, NY, NC, OH, PA, RI, SC, TN, VT, VA, WV)
Latest Map Guarantee:
NAVIGON’s new Latest Map Guarantee provides customers the latest HERE map available when purchasing NAVIGON 2.0 for iPhone.
NAVIGON FreshMaps XL:
The in app purchase option FreshMaps provides quarterly map updates for at least two years. The service uses trusted, field-verified, and quality-controlled map and points of interest updates from NAVTEQ® to make sure the NAVIGON app provides the most accurate and reliable directions possible. This saves you time and headaches on the road.
NAVIGON MyMaps allows you to carry only the country maps you currently need. Meaning you have more memory space for photos, music and other apps.
Please note the following:
Positioning your iPhone correctly in the vehicle is very important to ensure optimal GPS reception! We recommend that you use the NAVIGON Design Car Kit for the iPhone, which includes both a designer suction pad holder and a car charger, enabling you to charge your iPhone during the journey. Available from specialist retailers or from the NAVIGON shop directly at www.navigon.com!
Should you experience GPS reception problems with your iPhone, please refer to the FAQ on our website:www.navigon.com.
Allowing GPS to run in the background for extended periods can lead to a significant reduction in battery life.
Whether in the car, by bike or on foot, NAVIGON hopes you have fun navigating.
What's New in Version 2.9.1
- Enhanced contrast of menus if "reduced transperency" in the iPhone's accessibility settings is turned to ON
- Various small improvements and bug fixes
Keeps getting better and better
Update after years of use:
This app keeps getting better and better. Kudos to the development team!
I use it practically every day twice a day. I find it more complete, friendly and aesthetically pleasing than those free nav apps.
Update on version 2.4.2 build 72
Navigon: thank you for fixing your BUG. The voice guidance over bluetooth again works properly, and I did not need to change any settings.
The app is good and greatly useful with the traffic add-in.
It worked better with Bluetooth before the latest update. I really liked the many improvements in the earlier version. Now the voice feature is useless. The latest update was supposedly to add Bluetooth capability, but it broke that. It now will lose the voice guidance but keep the Bluetooth "off hook".
I have a love-hate relationship with this app, because every-other version release they screw-up something.
I had found the traffic navigation excellent until hobbled by this latest release.
okay but not great
I need offline maps when I go camping in the western US — i.e. backcountry in my 4x4 — dirt roads, jeep trails — generally no phone signal, let alone data. This product fills the need but I don’t use it otherwise.
- works flawlessly without service
- only download the states you need, which saves RAM
- occasionally (rarely) gives wrong verbal directions (e.g. voice says take X-east instead of X-west, but the map on the screen shows the correct ramp).
- search for POI, e.g. gas station, doesn’t by default search for one en-route, and doesn’t tell you which direction it is (unlike Garmin GPSs), so the nearest one may be behind you and it’ll take you backwards to it.
- annoyingly tries to produce freeway names (e.g. CA-8 as “Caw-eight”, WA => “Wah”, U.S.-80 => “Us-80”, etc.)
Very misleading - Do not waste your money
Don't buy this app thinking you can, for $14.99, upgrade to a new region.They have removed all of those, even though they show in the "In App Purchases" section. They claim they cannot remove or edit that list. When you buy West, that is all you get unless you spend $50 for the whole North America map, which means repurchasing West of course!
As for the app itself, it is medocre. I purchased it because it would give me usage in areas with poor or no cell coverage, something the free map services cannot do, but the UI is horrible, the searching is limited. This company hasn't used a modern mapping service to see how easy they are to use. It still thinks everything should operate like a GPS device from 2005. You cannot just type in an address like all other navigation apps. You have to start with the city, then street, etc. a real pain.
- Category: Navigation
- Updated: Feb 13, 2015
- Version: 2.9.1
- Size: 75.6 MB
- Languages: Arabic, Bokmål, Norwegian, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, English, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hu, Italian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Turkish
- Seller: Garmin Wuerzburg GmbH
- © 2014 Garmin Würzburg GmbH
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5, iPhone 6, and iPhone 6 Plus.
Top In-App Purchases
- Traffic Live$19.99
- Panorama View 3D$10.99
- USA Speedcams$4.99
- Map Upgrade U.S. East$14.99
- Map Upgrade U.S. Central$14.99
- Fresh Maps XL NorthAmerica$49.99
- Urban Guidance$4.99
- ZAGAT Content$7.99