NAVIGON U.S. West
By Garmin Wuerzburg GmbH
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
With NAVIGON you can turn your iPhone or iPad into a fully functional mobile navigation system. Thanks to a faithful adaptation of the menu functions, the app fits in seamlessly with the iOS operating concept.
*** Range of functions ***
- Simple, intuitive user interface
- Can be used in portrait and landscape format
- Precise spoken announcements
- Intelligent address entry
- Lane Assistant Pro
- Real Road Sign
- Speed Assistant with adjustable audio-visual warning
- NAVIGON MyRoutes
- Day and night modes for map display (automatic switching)
- 2D and 3D map display (bird’s-eye view)
- Route planning function
- Text-to-Speech (voice playback of street names)
- Extended Pedestrian Navigation using the iPhone’s internal compass
- Local Search
- Reality Scanner for POI searches with Augmented Reality
- Coordinate entry
- SOS Emergency Help
The latest HERE map material with coverage for:
Included map region:
- Western Part of continental U.S. (AZ, CA, CO, ID, MT, NV, NM, OR, UT, WA, WY)
Furthermore it's now also possible to receive regular, quarterly map updates through Fresh Maps XL.
Optional map regions (can be activated through Fresh Maps XL In App Purchase):
- Central & Eastern part of continental U.S. (AL, AR, CO, IL, IN, IA, KS, KY, LA, MI, MN, MO, MS, MT, NE, NM, ND, OH, OK, SD, TN, TX, WI, WY, CT, DE, FL, GA, IN, KY, MA, ME, MD, MI, NH, NJ, NY, NC, OH, PA, RI, SC, TN, VT, VA, WV)
Latest Map Guarantee:
NAVIGON’s new Latest Map Guarantee provides customers the latest HERE map available when purchasing NAVIGON 2.0 for iPhone.
NAVIGON FreshMaps XL:
The latest maps at all times with NAVIGON FreshMaps XL! For a single payment you will receive map updates from experts up to four times a year for a period of two years.
The app is then always up to date and contains not only changes or additions to the road network but also plenty of new POIs. Giving you extra safety, reducing stress and saving time!
NAVIGON MyMaps allows you to carry only the country maps you currently need. Meaning you have more memory space for photos, music and other apps.
Please note the following:
Positioning your iPhone correctly in the vehicle is very important to ensure optimal GPS reception! We recommend that you use the NAVIGON Design Car Kit for the iPhone, which includes both a designer suction pad holder and a car charger, enabling you to charge your iPhone during the journey. Available from specialist retailers or from the NAVIGON shop directly at www.navigon.com!
Should you experience GPS reception problems with your iPhone, please refer to the FAQ on our website:www.navigon.com.
Allowing GPS to run in the background for extended periods can lead to a significant reduction in battery life.
Whether in the car, by bike or on foot, NAVIGON hopes you have fun navigating.
What's New in Version 2.11
Now supports Apple Watch:
- Get info on distance, duration and estimated time of arrival for your favorite destinations right on your wrist
- A quick handover of the destination to the NAVIGON app let's you start right away
Supports NAVIGON Companion (Garmin Connect IQ)
Minor bug fixes and performance improvements
Very misleading - Do not waste your money
Don't buy this app thinking you can, for $14.99, upgrade to a new region.They have removed all of those, even though they show in the "In App Purchases" section. They claim they cannot remove or edit that list. When you buy West, that is all you get unless you buy the whole NA map, which will cost another $49.99, so now you've paid more for the whole US than if you purchased it from the start. Several upgrades later, this is still the case. Absurd.
As for the app itself, it is medocre. I purchased it because it would give me usage in areas with poor or no cell coverage, something the free map services cannot do, but the UI is horrible, the searching is limited. This company hasn't used a modern mapping service to see how easy they are to use. It still thinks everything should operate like a GPS device from 2005. You cannot just type in an address like all other navigation apps. You have to start with the city, then street, etc. a real pain.
I still keep on my phone because 1) I cannot get a refund
2) I want to make sure everyone thinking of buying this does so with their eyes WIDE open. If you only need West and will never upgrade, no prob. Otherwise, buyer beware.
- Category: Navigation
- Updated: May 06, 2015
- Version: 2.11
- Size: 81.9 MB
- Apple Watch: Yes
- Languages: English, Arabic, Bokmål, Norwegian, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hungarian, Italian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Turkish
- Seller: Garmin Wuerzburg GmbH
- © 2015 Garmin Würzburg GmbH
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5, iPhone 6, and iPhone 6 Plus.
Top In-App Purchases
- Traffic Live$13.99
- Panorama View 3D$6.99
- USA Speedcams$4.99
- Map Upgrade U.S. East$14.99
- Map Upgrade U.S. Central$14.99
- Fresh Maps XL NorthAmerica$34.99
- Urban Guidance$2.99