NAVIGON U.S. East
By Garmin Wuerzburg GmbH
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
With NAVIGON you can turn your iPhone or iPad into a fully functional mobile navigation system. Thanks to a faithful adaptation of the menu functions, the app fits in seamlessly with the iOS operating concept.
*** Range of functions ***
- Simple, intuitive user interface
- Can be used in portrait and landscape format
- Precise spoken announcements
- Intelligent address entry
- Lane Assistant Pro
- Real Road Sign
- Speed Assistant with adjustable audio-visual warning
- NAVIGON MyRoutes
- Day and night modes for map display (automatic switching)
- 2D and 3D map display (bird’s-eye view)
- Route planning function
- Text-to-Speech (voice playback of street names)
- Extended Pedestrian Navigation using the iPhone’s internal compass
- Local Search
- Reality Scanner for POI searches with Augmented Reality
- Coordinate entry
- SOS Emergency Help
The latest HERE map material with coverage for:
Included map region:
- Eastern Part of continental U.S. (AL, CT, DE, FL, GA, IN, KY, MA, ME, MD, MI, NH, NJ, NY, NC, OH, PA, RI, SC, TN, VT, VA, WV)
Furthermore it's now also possible to receive regular, quarterly map updates through Fresh Maps XL.
Optional map regions (can be activated through Fresh Maps XL In App Purchase):
- Western & Central part of continental U.S. (AZ, CA, CO, ID, MT, NV, NM, OR, UT, WA, WY, AL, AR, CO, IL, IN, IA, KS, KY, LA, MI, MN, MO, MS, MT, NE, NM, ND, OH, OK, SD, TN, TX, WI, WY)
Latest Map Guarantee:
NAVIGON’s new Latest Map Guarantee provides customers the latest HERE map available when purchasing NAVIGON 2.0 for iPhone.
NAVIGON FreshMaps XL:
The latest maps at all times with NAVIGON FreshMaps XL! For a single payment you will receive map updates from experts up to four times a year for a period of two years.
The app is then always up to date and contains not only changes or additions to the road network but also plenty of new POIs. Giving you extra safety, reducing stress and saving time!
NAVIGON MyMaps: NAVIGON MyMaps allows you to carry only the country maps you currently need. Meaning you have more memory space for photos, music and other apps.
Please note the following:
Positioning your iPhone correctly in the vehicle is very important to ensure optimal GPS reception! We recommend that you use the NAVIGON Design Car Kit for the iPhone, which includes both a designer suction pad holder and a car charger, enabling you to charge your iPhone during the journey. Available from specialist retailers or from the NAVIGON shop directly at www.navigon.com!
Should you experience GPS reception problems with your iPhone, please refer to the FAQ on our website:www.navigon.com.
Allowing GPS to run in the background for extended periods can lead to a significant reduction in battery life.
Whether in the car, by bike or on foot, NAVIGON hopes you have fun navigating.
What's New in Version 2.15
- Refined 'My Destinations' menu: Favorites and Recent Destinations are now clearly separated and the all-new search functionality allows to set a destination even quicker.
- Bug fixes and stability improvements: Besides new functionality we worked hard on the stability and performance of the app and also included some suggestions of our users.
NO TURN BY TURN !!!
Turn by turn was my favorite feature of this app. Working in the big city with tons of construction and detours, the turn by turn was most useful figuring your way around. I purchased this app for my iPhone 4, then 5 and now iPhone 6. This time around it's a huge disappointment. I contacted Garmin / Navigon back in April 2016 and they already knew about the problem and even said it should be fixed my the next update. The next update came and still no remedy. Do not purchase ! I called again and all they could tell me is that "...they are working on it..." So frustrating!
Don't want to pay for every year map updates
I pay for the app (expenssive) why i have to pay every year for maps update? Love the app,hate maps don't update for free.
If you need god map for free use; SCOUT maps or WAZY,Are better(free). If you want to pay,buy SYGIC is cheaper,plus you can download the maps for off line use, + ,maps updates are free
Why is the turn-by-turn not working
This app used to be my favorite, but lately it has not been great. The turn-by-turn does not work and has not worked in weeks. I thought it was just my phone so I deleted the app lost all of my addresses and the app still does not work.
- Category: Navigation
- Updated: Mar 17, 2016
- Version: 2.15
- Size: 92.1 MB
- Apple Watch: Yes
- Languages: English, Arabic, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hungarian, Italian, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Turkish
- Seller: Garmin Wuerzburg GmbH
- © 2016 Garmin Würzburg GmbH
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
Top In-App Purchases
- Traffic Live$12.99
- Panorama View 3D$5.99
- USA Speedcams$4.99
- Fresh Maps XL North America$32.99
- Map Upgrade U.S. Central$14.99
- Map Upgrade U.S. West$14.99
- Urban Guidance$2.99