NAVIGON U.S. East
By Garmin Wuerzburg GmbH
This app is only available on the App Store for iOS devices.
With NAVIGON you can turn your iPhone or iPad into a fully functional mobile navigation system. Thanks to a faithful adaptation of the menu functions, the app fits in seamlessly with the iOS operating concept.
*** Range of functions ***
- Simple, intuitive user interface
- Can be used in portrait and landscape format
- Precise spoken announcements
- Intelligent address entry
- Lane Assistant Pro
- Real Road Sign
- Speed Assistant with adjustable audio-visual warning
- NAVIGON MyRoutes
- Day and night modes for map display (automatic switching)
- 2D and 3D map display (bird’s-eye view)
- Route planning function
- Text-to-Speech (voice playback of street names)
- Extended Pedestrian Navigation using the iPhone’s internal compass
- Local Search
- Reality Scanner for POI searches with Augmented Reality
- Coordinate entry
- SOS Emergency Help
The latest HERE map material with coverage for:
Included map region:
- Eastern Part of continental U.S. (AL, CT, DE, FL, GA, IN, KY, MA, ME, MD, MI, NH, NJ, NY, NC, OH, PA, RI, SC, TN, VT, VA, WV)
Furthermore it's now also possible to receive regular, quarterly map updates through Fresh Maps XL.
Optional map regions (can be activated through Fresh Maps XL In App Purchase):
- Western & Central part of continental U.S. (AZ, CA, CO, ID, MT, NV, NM, OR, UT, WA, WY, AL, AR, CO, IL, IN, IA, KS, KY, LA, MI, MN, MO, MS, MT, NE, NM, ND, OH, OK, SD, TN, TX, WI, WY)
Latest Map Guarantee:
NAVIGON’s new Latest Map Guarantee provides customers the latest HERE map available when purchasing NAVIGON 2.0 for iPhone.
NAVIGON FreshMaps XL:
The latest maps at all times with NAVIGON FreshMaps XL! For a single payment you will receive map updates from experts up to four times a year for a period of two years.
The app is then always up to date and contains not only changes or additions to the road network but also plenty of new POIs. Giving you extra safety, reducing stress and saving time!
NAVIGON MyMaps: NAVIGON MyMaps allows you to carry only the country maps you currently need. Meaning you have more memory space for photos, music and other apps.
Please note the following:
Positioning your iPhone correctly in the vehicle is very important to ensure optimal GPS reception! We recommend that you use the NAVIGON Design Car Kit for the iPhone, which includes both a designer suction pad holder and a car charger, enabling you to charge your iPhone during the journey. Available from specialist retailers or from the NAVIGON shop directly at www.navigon.com!
Should you experience GPS reception problems with your iPhone, please refer to the FAQ on our website:www.navigon.com.
Allowing GPS to run in the background for extended periods can lead to a significant reduction in battery life.
Whether in the car, by bike or on foot, NAVIGON hopes you have fun navigating.
What's New in Version 2.18
• Optimized traffic functionality: Traffic events are now displayed more detailed, enabling improved traffic rerouting and time calculation
• POIs along the route: Revised display of search results by division into three categories.
• Bug fixes and performance improvements
Updating. Now everyone has a free NAV on their phone. I had a Navigon device before and fell in love with it's simple interface, clean appearance and prime features like Reality View, and the extra 3D map contour view is especially cool. I can see the rolling hills around, buildings, stars in the sky, etc in reality view shots.
The problem is, you can't search for a destination or even paste an address. You have to look it up on the internet to get the address, then go back and forth from the app to the browser to get each part of the address. Google Maps has many of these features for free, it looks pretty good, and you can search or paste addresses. Navigon is nearly useless by comparison.
Use Navigon if you hate Google.
Less than expectations
Purchased primarily for 3 reasons:
- Maps without relying on gps access
- Multiple destination optimization
- Visual Lane Guidance
- Apple Watch app
Otherwise, use Waze or Google Maps, for free, which do everything else quite well!
The maps are outdated, an entire expressway extension of route 618 the Selma Expressway, that was extended to connect to I4 in Tampa at least 2 years ago, isn't on the maps! That's an egregiously outdated map for accompany charging this much for a smartphone app!!!
Multiple destinations can not be optimized!!! You can manually change their order but the app won't recommend the best order!!!!
As far as I can tell, it actually does work fine in gps dead zones. That's the one saving grace.
And the lane guidance signs on the display are excellent, better than any other navigation app I've tried.
It has connectivity to the Apple Watch but the print is so small that when the watch face displays a big turn arrow the print is tiny so you can't read whether it's in 100 ft or in 2 miles. This has caused me to make more than one wrong turn. A driver simply can't read fine print on a watch face and drive safely, so this forces me to look at the iPhone screen, which defeats the main purposes of having the Apple Watch app.
The Apple Watch app has haptic feedback which I like very much but I think it's too gentle and it waits too long to start haptic feedback, leaving little time to change lanes. It might allow sufficient time in city driving but it should start at 1/2 mile earlier when on country roads, highways or freeways.
When using this app I miss the specific warnings that Waze offers. The warnings on this app are non specified "warning" which is annoying and not helpful.
The speeding warning is helpful.
I'm not sure whether this app finds shortcuts. I miss Waze's shortcuts to get through high traffic.
It cost a lot for an app. The price is literally outrageous and yet the app isn't outrageous; there's a big miss match here between cost and what is provided.
The lack of 2 yr old map updates is egregious!!
I'll keep using it a little longer to see if my opinion changes.
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Navigation
- Updated: Jul 11, 2017
- Version: 2.18
- Size: 155 MB
- Apple Watch: Yes
- Languages: English, Arabic, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hungarian, Italian, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Turkish
- Seller: Garmin Wuerzburg GmbH
- © 2016 Garmin Würzburg GmbH
Compatibility: Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
Top In-App Purchases
- Traffic Live$19.99
- Panorama View 3D$9.99
- USA Speedcams$4.99
- Map Upgrade U.S. Central$14.99
- Map Upgrade U.S. West$14.99
- Fresh Maps XL North America$49.99
- Urban Guidance$4.99