By Garmin Wuerzburg GmbH
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Whether on holiday, taking a weekend trip or heading off somewhere as yet unfamiliar – with NAVIGON, you can be sure of getting there quickly and safely! Transform your iPhone into a full-performance satnav system that includes onboard maps so that you can always find your way – even when no internet connection (1) is available.
*** Range of functions ***
- Onboard map material: only carry the road maps on your iPhone that you really need. Thus you save memory space and can navigate even when no internet connection is available.
- Intelligent address entry (1): thanks to the first-class, simplified address entry, which can be operated using the keypad or via voice input, you’ll find your quicker than ever before.
- Precise voice commands, including street names: just concentrate on driving the car.
- The latest traffic reports (1,2): avoid annoying traffic jams automatically.
- Hazard warnings (1,2): you can choose to receive alerts of danger spots such as mobile speed traps.
- POI search: find your destination even without entering the address directly – locally, community-based or using Augmented Reality.
- Real signage and road sign displays: you always have an overview thanks to photo-realistic views of junctions and road signs.
- Dynamic lane assistant: at junctions where the exit is unclear or on motorway exits, be guided into the right lane every time.
- Speed assistant: NAVIGON warns you visually or audibly if you are exceeding the posted speed limit.
- Optimal route: choose the right option for you, from up to three suggested routes.
- Route planning: plan longer trips with multiple destinations en route.
- Expanded pedestrian navigation: navigate to your destination on foot as well – or use Urban Guidance (1,2) if you also want to include public transport.
- Many other in-app purchases possible: 3D maps showing mountains and valleys, Cockpit and much more.
*** Maps ***
- Latest Map Guarantee for the latest HERE maps (3), with the following coverage: USA
- NAVIGON FreshMaps XL (2): For a one-off payment, you get the latest map updates from experts up to four times a year, for two years! This ensures that your app is always up-to-date, containing the latest changes of the road network and many new points of interest.
*** Please note the following ***
The correct positioning of your iPhone in the vehicle is very important for optimum GPS reception. Continuous use of GPS can shorten battery life.
Please also note our FAQ section at www.navigon.com.
Due to the high data volume of the maps, we recommend using WiFi for the initial installation.
NAVIGON wishes you a lot of fun from your navigation – whether in the car, on a bike or on foot!
1) To be able to provide you with the latest reports at all times, some functions require an internet connection (e.g. traffic reports or speed camera alerts). However, the navigation system itself, including address search, speed display, driving lane assistant and much more, does not require the internet.
2) Available as an additional in-app purchase.
3) You get the most up-to-date maps at the time you purchase the app
What's New in Version 2.14
- Trip Log: Provides detailed information on your recent trip including distance, travel time and speed. Share trips with friends on Facebook or send a GPX-track via email. Furthermore the recent 25 trips will be stored automatically.
- Street Parking Coverage Expansion: Besides Berlin, Munich, Hamburg, Stuttgart, Cologne and Bonn the service is now also available in Nuremberg, Dusseldorf and Ingolstadt. Beyond that Paris, Vienna, Amsterdam, London, Cardiff, Los Angeles, San Francisco, Seattle and Denver are covered as well.*
- Apple Watch: Thanks for all your feedback! We're happy to announce that a navigation to your favorite destinations can now be initiated directly from Apple Watch without any interaction on the iPhone.
- Traffic Live: The event detail screen has been modified and now even provides information on the event's position along your route.**
* depends on the app and map data used
** requires In App Purchase "Traffic Live"
Don't believe the haters
I've owned and used this app for many years, even before the company was purchased by Garmin, and it has always performed great. The maps are stored on your device, so if you don't have a cellular data connection you still have navigation. Very important when your working/driving in rural areas. My kids have all purchased this app once they began driving as well. I've seen reviews complaining about the user interface and the app crashing, and I'm completely baffled. In the five years that I've used it, I've never had it crash. The user interface is identical to any standalone gps device I've ever seen, so simple to use. And I'm definitely not being paid by anyone to give this review. I recommend it to all of my family and friends, so I think it's a solid product!!!
Potential, but badly out of date
I've paid for the quarterly map updates yet roads that have homes that were built in 2012 still don't show. I'm a Realtor and I wanted something that was up to date and could handle multiple waypoints. But it's so badly out of date here in DFW that the program is $100 white elephant on my phone. It's worthless, yet I've paid $100 for it when you include all the "upgrades". Waze is far better and free and easier to use and MUCH easier to enter an address and much more accurate and Waze even syncs with my calendar to pull up the location of where I am going and Waze supports one waypoint at least though I'd like more. The maps are jerky to maneuver around and don't waste your money on the "upgraded" 3D map. It's not much different but it's even slower than the already poor rendering on the regular map and I'm on an iPhone 6Plus with 128gb. It's no competition between this and Waze. They've gotten my money but never again. They'll soon be out of business with this rubbish.
Nice UI still needs some updating
For the price, I was expecting top notch. Getting there but more updates needed.
Favorites, no way to filter or search them. Should be able to arrange by name, proximity, mostly used.
Zoom uses pinch to zoom. Would be easier with + - signs on screen to zoom in and out as well.
When searching for POI, I have had a good experience with it finding the location but doesn't give u phone number of location if u need to call prior to going there. With some results it doesn't even give u exact address. It navigates u there by GPS coordinates.
If u type in the search box or local search u won't get number or exact address. U have to use four square search.
Wish there was a quick way to save your parking spot once u arrive at location.
Way I do now is by dropping a PIN on map and saving to favorite. Not the quietest way.
More updates and still issues above not addressed.
No easy way to contact customer support.
I called the toll free number and it seemed I knew more about application then they did.
- Category: Navigation
- Updated: Dec 15, 2015
- Version: 2.14
- Size: 87.8 MB
- Apple Watch: Yes
- Languages: English, Arabic, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hungarian, Italian, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Turkish
- Seller: Garmin Wuerzburg GmbH
- © 2015 Garmin Würzburg GmbH
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
Top In-App Purchases
- Traffic LIVE$19.99
- Panorama View 3D$9.99
- USA Speedcams$4.99
- Fresh Maps XL NorthAmerica$39.99
- Urban Guidance$4.99