By Garmin Wuerzburg GmbH
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
With NAVIGON you can turn your iPhone or iPad into a fully functional mobile navigation system. Thanks to a faithful adaptation of the menu functions, the app fits in seamlessly with the iOS operating concept.
"All told, Navigon is a solid app that's worth its price, even next to free apps like Google Maps, our Editors' Choice for free iPhone navigation apps, thanks to Navigon's more extensive feature set, innovative optional plug-ins, and more informative display while driving." (PC Mag, Winner of the Editor's Choice Award)
"NAVIGON is currently the best turn-by-turn navigation app for
iPhone for anyone who needs world-wide options and offline support." (iMore)
"If you really want to step up your navigational game…then you should download Navigon." (CNN)
*** Range of functions ***
- Simple, intuitive user interface
- Can be used in portrait and landscape format
- Precise spoken announcements
- Intelligent address entry
- Lane Assistant Pro
- Real Road Sign
- Speed Assistant with adjustable audio-visual warning
- NAVIGON MyRoutes
- Day and night modes for map display (automatic switching)
- 2D and 3D map display (bird’s-eye view)
- Route planning function
- Text-to-Speech (voice playback of street names)
- Extended Pedestrian Navigation using the iPhone’s internal compass
- Local Search
- Reality Scanner for POI searches with Augmented Reality
- Coordinate entry
- SOS Emergency Help
The latest HERE maps (formerly Navteq) map material with coverage for:
Furthermore it's now also possible to receive regular, quarterly map updates through Fresh Maps XL.
Latest Map Guarantee:
NAVIGON’s new Latest Map Guarantee provides customers the latest HERE maps (formerly Navteq) map available when purchasing NAVIGON 2.0 for iPhone.
NAVIGON FreshMaps XL:
The in app purchase option FreshMaps provides quarterly map updates for at least two years. The service uses trusted, field-verified, and quality-controlled map and points of interest updates from NAVTEQ® to make sure the NAVIGON app provides the most accurate and reliable directions possible. This saves you time and headaches on the road.
NAVIGON MyMaps allows you to carry only the country maps you currently need. Meaning you have more memory space for photos, music and other apps.
Please note the following:
Positioning your iPhone correctly in the vehicle is very important to ensure optimal GPS reception! We recommend that you use the NAVIGON Design Car Kit for the iPhone, which includes both a designer suction pad holder and a car charger, enabling you to charge your iPhone during the journey. Available from specialist retailers or from the NAVIGON shop directly at www.navigon.com!
Should you experience GPS reception problems with your iPhone, please refer to the FAQ on our website:www.navigon.com.
Allowing GPS to run in the background for extended periods can lead to a significant reduction in battery life.
Whether in the car, by bike or on foot, NAVIGON hopes you have fun navigating.
What's New in Version 2.10.1
Hotfix: Resolves an issue which caused a crash after updating the app under iOS 7.
- Extended display of traffic signs: Warning of sharp turns, overtaking bans, accident risk, and more
- Today Screen Widget: Fast navigation to your home address or up to three favorites, as well as information on distance and the expected travel time
- Improvement of Traffic Live (In App Purchase): Detailed congestion information at a glance, including a new quick way to route around traffic jams manually
- General bug fixes and stability improvements
Very good App, almost perfect! A few snafus
This App is very good. i have been using it for more than a year now and, in my case, I added traffic. In general it works really well, gives accurate instructions and easy to follow graphical instructions that warn of upcoming changes. So I recommend it!!!
The latest version seems stuck in map manager mode and does not seem to download the maps fast enough although I have fast wifi at home. I have not been able to use it since I downloaded it a few days ago!!
There are a few things that could be improved:
1-the App interface to enter directions is engineer-like (very logical and serial) starting with state, city, etc. This can be long and cumbersome. I would suggest to either have a Google maps like interface where one can enter the name of the business or street address and it goes right to directions. It would be useful if the app does not ask for state unless required by the customer, assuming the state and city of current position are a given.
-It would be useful if the App had a "stop nab" or "exit nab" button right on the navigation screen. This App has a way of staying alive and consuming lots of battery life if one forgets to shut it down
Poor App, iOS native maps more accurate
For expensive and what used to be reliable app I'm disappointed. Tom Tom, Google, and IOS Maps are far more accurate and you want me to pay $40 for updated maps that I'm willing to bet still won't have the roads that have been around for about three years now. The above mentioned apps added the roads that are now three years old without extra cost!!
FAILED TO CALCULATE ROUTE
Lame. Doesn't work. Same error message every time I click Start Navigation
- Category: Navigation
- Updated: Mar 25, 2015
- Version: 2.10.1
- Size: 74.2 MB
- Languages: English, Arabic, Bokmål, Norwegian, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hungarian, Italian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Turkish
- Seller: Garmin Wuerzburg GmbH
- © 2015 Garmin Würzburg GmbH
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5, iPhone 6, and iPhone 6 Plus.
Top In-App Purchases
- Traffic LIVE$19.99
- Panorama View 3D$6.99
- USA Speedcams$4.99
- Fresh Maps XL NorthAmerica$25.99
- Urban Guidance$4.99
- ZAGAT Content$7.99