NAVIGON North America
By Garmin Wuerzburg GmbH
This app is only available on the App Store for iOS devices.
With NAVIGON you can turn your iPhone or iPad into a fully functional mobile navigation system. Thanks to a faithful adaptation of the menu functions, the app fits in seamlessly with the iOS operating concept.
"All told, Navigon is a solid app that's worth its price, even next to free apps like Google Maps, our Editors' Choice for free iPhone navigation apps, thanks to Navigon's more extensive feature set, innovative optional plug-ins, and more informative display while driving." (PC Mag, Winner of the Editor's Choice Award)
"NAVIGON is currently the best turn-by-turn navigation app for
iPhone for anyone who needs world-wide options and offline support." (iMore)
"If you really want to step up your navigational game…then you should download Navigon." (CNN)
*** Range of functions ***
- Simple, intuitive user interface
- Can be used in portrait and landscape format
- Precise spoken announcements
- Intelligent address entry
- Lane Assistant Pro
- Real Road Sign
- Speed Assistant with adjustable audio-visual warning
- NAVIGON MyRoutes - Day and night modes for map display (automatic switching)
- 2D and 3D map display (bird’s-eye view)
- Route planning function
- Text-to-Speech (voice playback of street names)
- Extended Pedestrian Navigation using the iPhone’s internal compass
- Local Search
- Reality Scanner for POI searches with Augmented Reality
- Coordinate entry
- SOS Emergency Help
The latest HERE maps (formerly Navteq) map material with coverage for:
USA (incl. Puerto Rico, Virgin Islands), Canada
Furthermore it's now also possible to receive regular, quarterly map updates through Fresh Maps XL.
Latest Map Guarantee:
NAVIGON’s new Latest Map Guarantee provides customers the latest HERE maps (formerly Navteq) map available when purchasing NAVIGON 2.0 for iPhone.
NAVIGON FreshMaps XL:
The latest maps at all times with NAVIGON FreshMaps XL! For a single payment you will receive map updates from experts up to four times a year for a period of two years.
The app is then always up to date and contains not only changes or additions to the road network but also plenty of new POIs. Giving you extra safety, reducing stress and saving time!
NAVIGON MyMaps allows you to carry only the country maps you currently need. Meaning you have more memory space for photos, music and other apps.
Please note the following:
Positioning your iPhone correctly in the vehicle is very important to ensure optimal GPS reception! We recommend that you use the NAVIGON Design Car Kit for the iPhone, which includes both a designer suction pad holder and a car charger, enabling you to charge your iPhone during the journey. Available from specialist retailers or from the NAVIGON shop directly at www.navigon.com!
Should you experience GPS reception problems with your iPhone, please refer to the FAQ on our website:www.navigon.com.
Allowing GPS to run in the background for extended periods can lead to a significant reduction in battery life.
Whether in the car, by bike or on foot, NAVIGON hopes you have fun navigating.
What's New in Version 3.0.1
• This update fixes an issue where displaying and saving favorites when using iCloud sync was not possible for some users.
• Notifications on Apple Watch (watchOS 4 and higher) are now now available even if the display is inactive.
• The navigation view has been optimised from ground up for better clarity and legibility. A simple swipe to the left or to the right provides access to the main menu or to other functions while on the go.
• Regarding the maps not only the colors have been optimised fundamentally, but also the representation of map elements.
• Trip logs can now be shared as photos with friends or on social networks.
CAUTION CAUTION CAUTION
Guidance accuracy and choice of routs good, great for iPad —no WiFi needed —. POI limited but okay given only downloaded. In this version, the map contrast is awful, an off white background with white streets very hard to readily see in daylight. Older version music better. The turn assistant is poorly thought our uses a generic picture that does not reflect what road looks like, shows whole screen and does not show you where you are as you approach. For God sakes, lose the CAUTION, it is distracting, annoying and serves no useful purpose. User friendly improvements need to be made. When something works, stop changing for change sakes. Most changes in new version add nothing but change. I have been a user for over 5 years and would purchase again.
Why the Glympse change?
Newest version takes away the Glympse link from the navigation map! This was a feature that was important to those of us that used it and was not a problem for those that didn’t because it faded away within a minute or so if not using it. Now you have to swipe to change page, find a narrow link on a list, and then authorize recipient. To do any further processing you have to follow the same procedure. In recent versions you knew it was on, knew how much time was left, knew if recipients were observing you and had simple access to change anything. Now you have none of that. Please return these features to this app!
Problems in Current Version
App update of 30 November : Years of Favourites still gone. No change to the new interface. A once happy customer and user now disenchanted and very unhappy.
Years worth of Favourites - gone! How do i get them back? This is a disaster of epic proportions.
Travel Alerts is not working.
The new UI wastes precious screen space especially for those of us with smaller screens. Lane Assistant is positioned terribly, making it impossible to keep the route in view. The top and bottom info bands are far too large and cut out far too much of the map. The change in map colours has reduced contrast and makes it difficult to check trip status with a quick glance, which is terribly dangerous.
I loved Navigon prior to this update but now the map and ongoing route are ungainly and inefficient resulting in an app that has actually become dangerous to use. And the loss of my Favorites is a catastrophe.
This update is worse than disappointing.
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Navigation
- Updated: Nov 30, 2017
- Version: 3.0.1
- Size: 177 MB
- Apple Watch: Yes
- Languages: English, Arabic, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hungarian, Italian, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Turkish
- Seller: Garmin Wuerzburg GmbH
- © 2017 Garmin Würzburg GmbH
Compatibility: Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
Top In-App Purchases
- NAVIGON Traffic Live$19.99
- Panorama View 3D$8.99
- USA Speedcams$4.99
- FreshMaps XL NorthAmerica$19.99
- Urban Guidance$4.99