NAVIGON North America
By Garmin Wuerzburg GmbH
This app is only available on the App Store for iOS devices.
With NAVIGON you can turn your iPhone or iPad into a fully functional mobile navigation system. Thanks to a faithful adaptation of the menu functions, the app fits in seamlessly with the iOS operating concept.
"All told, Navigon is a solid app that's worth its price, even next to free apps like Google Maps, our Editors' Choice for free iPhone navigation apps, thanks to Navigon's more extensive feature set, innovative optional plug-ins, and more informative display while driving." (PC Mag, Winner of the Editor's Choice Award)
"NAVIGON is currently the best turn-by-turn navigation app for
iPhone for anyone who needs world-wide options and offline support." (iMore)
"If you really want to step up your navigational game…then you should download Navigon." (CNN)
*** Range of functions ***
- Simple, intuitive user interface
- Can be used in portrait and landscape format
- Precise spoken announcements
- Intelligent address entry
- Lane Assistant Pro
- Real Road Sign
- Speed Assistant with adjustable audio-visual warning
- NAVIGON MyRoutes - Day and night modes for map display (automatic switching)
- 2D and 3D map display (bird’s-eye view)
- Route planning function
- Text-to-Speech (voice playback of street names)
- Extended Pedestrian Navigation using the iPhone’s internal compass
- Local Search
- Reality Scanner for POI searches with Augmented Reality
- Coordinate entry
- SOS Emergency Help
The latest HERE maps (formerly Navteq) map material with coverage for:
USA (incl. Puerto Rico, Virgin Islands), Canada
Furthermore it's now also possible to receive regular, quarterly map updates through Fresh Maps XL.
Latest Map Guarantee:
NAVIGON’s new Latest Map Guarantee provides customers the latest HERE maps (formerly Navteq) map available when purchasing NAVIGON 2.0 for iPhone.
NAVIGON FreshMaps XL:
The latest maps at all times with NAVIGON FreshMaps XL! For a single payment you will receive map updates from experts up to four times a year for a period of two years.
The app is then always up to date and contains not only changes or additions to the road network but also plenty of new POIs. Giving you extra safety, reducing stress and saving time!
NAVIGON MyMaps allows you to carry only the country maps you currently need. Meaning you have more memory space for photos, music and other apps.
Please note the following:
Positioning your iPhone correctly in the vehicle is very important to ensure optimal GPS reception! We recommend that you use the NAVIGON Design Car Kit for the iPhone, which includes both a designer suction pad holder and a car charger, enabling you to charge your iPhone during the journey. Available from specialist retailers or from the NAVIGON shop directly at www.navigon.com!
Should you experience GPS reception problems with your iPhone, please refer to the FAQ on our website:www.navigon.com.
Allowing GPS to run in the background for extended periods can lead to a significant reduction in battery life.
Whether in the car, by bike or on foot, NAVIGON hopes you have fun navigating.
What's New in Version 2.18
• Optimized traffic functionality: Traffic events are now displayed more detailed, enabling improved traffic rerouting and time calculation
• POIs along the route: Revised display of search results by division into three categories.
• Bug fixes and performance improvements
Wish I never had bought it
I am not good with computers and what not. Why I thought for a moment I could get this junk to work is beyond me. Can't get it to do nothing but show where I'm at when I know where I'm at. Got it to map out routes but can't even get the map to go where I would like to map " I don't have three hands to move it and hold on spot and try to set a point". It really is not for the average stupid guy. I feel I need a phd in maps and computers.
Lacks mirroring and/or CarPlay support
It's dated and could use support for CarPlay especially. At the very least should support mirroring. The app blocks displaying on an external monitor like a car dash display (plain mirroring). CarPlay should be a critical feature these days as new cars support it.
It used to be my go to navigation app mirroring became an iOS feature and I could use Here WeGo to navigate (same maps as NAVIGON) or Apple Maps.
TV killed the radio (this app is massively obsolete)
About the only time I boot this useless app is when I'm passing through an area with poor reception and can't use google maps. I got this for offline maps. Unfortunately NAVIGON always needs some software or map update and refuses to boot when I'm in a poor reception area. So it's useless when I have network and useless when I don't have network. It's useless 100% of the time.
- Category: Navigation
- Updated: Jul 11, 2017
- Version: 2.18
- Size: 155 MB
- Apple Watch: Yes
- Languages: English, Arabic, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hungarian, Italian, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Turkish
- Seller: Garmin Wuerzburg GmbH
- © 2016 Garmin Würzburg GmbH
Compatibility: Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
Top In-App Purchases
- NAVIGON Traffic Live$19.99
- Panorama View 3D$9.99
- USA Speedcams$4.99
- FreshMaps XL NorthAmerica$19.99
- Urban Guidance$4.99