By Garmin Wuerzburg GmbH
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Whether on holiday, taking a weekend trip or heading off somewhere as yet unfamiliar – with NAVIGON, you can be sure of getting there quickly and safely! Transform your iPhone into a full-performance satnav system that includes onboard maps so that you can always find your way – even when no internet connection (1) is available.
*** Range of functions ***
- Onboard map material: only carry the road maps on your iPhone that you really need. Thus you save memory space and can navigate even when no internet connection is available.
- Intelligent address entry (1): thanks to the first-class, simplified address entry, which can be operated using the keypad or via voice input, you’ll find your quicker than ever before.
- Precise voice commands, including street names: just concentrate on driving the car.
- The latest traffic reports (1,2): avoid annoying traffic jams automatically.
- Hazard warnings (1,2): you can choose to receive alerts of danger spots such as mobile speed traps.
- POI search: find your destination even without entering the address directly – locally, community-based or using Augmented Reality.
- Real signage and road sign displays: you always have an overview thanks to photo-realistic views of junctions and road signs.
- Dynamic lane assistant: at junctions where the exit is unclear or on motorway exits, be guided into the right lane every time.
- Speed assistant: NAVIGON warns you visually or audibly if you are exceeding the posted speed limit.
- Optimal route: choose the right option for you, from up to three suggested routes.
- Route planning: plan longer trips with multiple destinations en route.
- Expanded pedestrian navigation: navigate to your destination on foot as well – or use Urban Guidance (1,2) if you also want to include public transport.
- Many other in-app purchases possible: 3D maps showing mountains and valleys, Cockpit and much more.
*** Maps ***
- Latest Map Guarantee for the latest HERE maps (3), with the following coverage: USA
- NAVIGON FreshMaps XL (2): For a one-off payment, you get the latest map updates from experts up to four times a year, for two years! This ensures that your app is always up-to-date, containing the latest changes of the road network and many new points of interest.
*** Please note the following ***
The correct positioning of your iPhone in the vehicle is very important for optimum GPS reception. Continuous use of GPS can shorten battery life.
Please also note our FAQ section at www.navigon.com.
Due to the high data volume of the maps, we recommend using WiFi for the initial installation.
NAVIGON wishes you a lot of fun from your navigation – whether in the car, on a bike or on foot!
1) To be able to provide you with the latest reports at all times, some functions require an internet connection (e.g. traffic reports or speed camera alerts). However, the navigation system itself, including address search, speed display, driving lane assistant and much more, does not require the internet.
2) Available as an additional in-app purchase.
3) You get the most up-to-date maps at the time you purchase the app
What's New in Version 2.15
- Refined 'My Destinations' menu: Favorites and Recent Destinations are now clearly separated and the all-new search functionality allows to set a destination even quicker.
- Bug fixes and stability improvements: Besides new functionality we worked hard on the stability and performance of the app and also included some suggestions of our users.
Getting there little by little
For the price, I was expecting top notch. Getting there but more updates needed.
Favorites and recents, Finally we can search them. Should be able to arrange by name, proximity, mostly used. Or even tell u the actual distance from your current location next to item. Why does it not show u the actual address to POI places that u have saved?
When searching for POI, I have had a good experience with it finding the location but doesn't give u phone number of location if u need to call prior to going there. With some results it doesn't even give u exact address. It navigates u there by GPS coordinates.
If u type in the search box or local search u won't get number or exact address. U have to use four square search.
Traffic reports are confusing as they are noted on a separate tab. Only thing noted on map are cumbersome icons. I would like to see color coding on actual map with speed limits noted like I have seen on other navigation apps.
Wish there was a quick way to save your parking spot once u arrive at location.
Way I do now is by dropping a PIN on map and saving to favorite. Not the quickest way.
More updates and still issues above not addressed.
No easy way to contact customer support.
I called the toll free number and it seemed I knew more about application then they did.
You really have to pay attention when using this app or you may end up going the wrong direction. I hate to say it, but even something as simple as navigating from Tulsa Oklahoma to Mobridge South Dakota will redirect you over 200+ miles out of your way in the wrong direction! I never rely 100% on this app and always study other maps first to make sure I know where I'm going so I have a good idea when it's telling me wrong. It's OK when you get close to your taget but I've been burnt several times with nonsensical routes.
Not talking when my iPhone SE is locked but The bestGPS I find for blind users relying on voiceover
There's a lot of complaining about this app but frankly I find it excellent. I do rely on voice over because I am blind and this app delivers fully for me. Thank you for making it so accessible. Yes, I did purchase the fresh map updates but that was a small price once and now I'm very happy.
- Category: Navigation
- Updated: Mar 17, 2016
- Version: 2.15
- Size: 92.0 MB
- Apple Watch: Yes
- Languages: English, Arabic, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hungarian, Italian, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Turkish
- Seller: Garmin Wuerzburg GmbH
- © 2016 Garmin Würzburg GmbH
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
Top In-App Purchases
- Traffic LIVE$19.99
- Panorama View 3D$9.99
- USA Speedcams$4.99
- Fresh Maps XL NorthAmerica$39.99
- Urban Guidance$4.99