Navmii is a free community based navigation and traffic app for drivers.
Navmii puts voice-guided navigation, live traffic information, local search, points of interest and driver scores at your finger tips. With offline maps, for reliable navigation at home or abroad without an internet connection.
Over 24 million drivers already use Navmii and our maps are available for more than 185 countries across the globe.
• Turn-by-turn voice-guided navigation
• Traffic, speeding, hazard and safety camera alerts
• Community reporting (traffic, roadworks, accidents)
• Driver and Trip scores and analytics
• Smarter local search (TripAdvisor, Foursquare)
• what3words for precise on & off-road locations
• Share My Trip - share your route & eta with friends/ family
• Add multiple way-points – plan your routes more effectively
• Search using Postcode/ City/ Street
• Local search for places of interest (POIs)
• Integrated Google Street View
• ETA indicator
• Automatic smart rerouting – as road conditions change
• Support for 3D Touch (iPhone 6S only) – press and hold Navmii icon to quickly locate where you are, navigate to work/ home, search addresses
• Store your favourite locations
• Find your nearest parking, gas/ petrol, tourist attractions etc
• High definition maps
• GPS - no data connection required
Navmii is a proud supporter of and contributor to OpenStreetMap (OSM) the free wiki world map and foundation dedicated to open geospatial data. Over 1.5 million contributors make OSM one of the most locally up to date and dynamic digital base maps in existence.
We love feedback. Please note that iTunes doesn’t allow us to respond to App Store reviews. We hate seeing people with issues we can easily help with and bad reviews make us sad.
So, please send your thoughts or ask us a question by contacting us here:
- Twitter: @NavmiiSupport
- Email: Support@navmii.com
- Facebook: www.facebook.com/navmiigps
Note: continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life.
- Bug fixes
- Improved stability & performance
- Maps update: June 2017
Ratings and Reviews
For free this works very well, had it for a couple of weeks and the navigation is at least as good as tom-tom etc, re routing is quick if a different street is taken to avoid traffic etc.
The only downfall is finding locations, if you use built in navigate to it usually can't find it BUT if you use the built in google search it works fine.
Overall I now use this instead of my tom-tom so I think it's very good, 5 stars if the inbuilt navigate to address worked, but the google function works well.
Update.....this has had problems this last week instructing me to turn into a bus only road and later on saying turn right where there was a 'No Right Turn' sign clearly displayed. Use this with caution.
The price is right, but...
The maps are attractive, and the app (re)calculates routes very quickly. The spoken directions are very clear -- I particularly like the UK English man's voice -- but there is no text-to-speech feature so street names are not spoken.
1. The app cannot correlate street numbers with a position on the map. When searching for an address, it sometimes cannot even find a street that is shown on the map. When adding destinations to my favorites list, I sometimes have to use the "pin" function to manually specify a position, then save it as a favorite.
2. It has difficulty determining which exit to use at a roundabout. At a simple crossroads, it told me to take the second exit instead of the third when I needed to turn right (in a right-hand drive country).
3. It is clueless when it comes to calculating arrival time. If you need to know in advance how long it will take to complete a route, then use Google Maps. If you need ETA updates while you drive, good luck with that. The app seems not to know anything about what constitutes a reasonable average speed for each section of a route.
I've just returned from our Christmas holiday in Australia and I sorely relied on this app for driving around with my family. This was our first time to Australia and so we needed to have a reliable GPS app and this application was fantastic!! It met all our navigation requirements right down to the last destination. The fact that it's free is amazing!! We used it in Sydney, Brisbane and the Gold Coast without any problems. The option for voice guidance made navigation that much easier.
- Navmii Publishing Ltd
- 534.2 MB
- Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- English, Chinese, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hungarian, Italian, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Spanish, Swedish, Turkish
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- This app may use your location even when it isn't open, which can decrease battery life.
- © Navmii Publishing Ltd.
- In-App Purchases
- Ad-Free Version $1.99
- TTS (Voice Guidance) $2.99
- Cyclops Safety Camera $4.99
Get all of your passes, tickets, cards, and more in one place.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.