Navmii is a free community based navigation and traffic app for drivers.
Navmii puts voice-guided navigation, live traffic information, local search, points of interest and driver scores at your finger tips. With offline maps, for reliable navigation at home or abroad without an internet connection.
Over 24 million drivers already use Navmii and our maps are available for more than 185 countries across the globe.
• Turn-by-turn voice-guided navigation
• Traffic, speeding, hazard and safety camera alerts
• Community reporting (traffic, roadworks, accidents)
• Driver and Trip scores and analytics
• Smarter local search (TripAdvisor, Foursquare)
• what3words for precise on & off-road locations
• Share My Trip - share your route & eta with friends/ family
• Add multiple way-points – plan your routes more effectively
• Search using Postcode/ City/ Street
• Local search for places of interest (POIs)
• Integrated Google Street View
• ETA indicator
• Automatic smart rerouting – as road conditions change
• Support for 3D Touch (iPhone 6S only) – press and hold Navmii icon to quickly locate where you are, navigate to work/ home, search addresses
• Store your favourite locations
• Find your nearest parking, gas/ petrol, tourist attractions etc
• High definition maps
• GPS - no data connection required
Navmii is a proud supporter of and contributor to OpenStreetMap (OSM) the free wiki world map and foundation dedicated to open geospatial data. Over 1.5 million contributors make OSM one of the most locally up to date and dynamic digital base maps in existence.
We love feedback. Please note that iTunes doesn’t allow us to respond to App Store reviews. We hate seeing people with issues we can easily help with and bad reviews make us sad.
So, please send your thoughts or ask us a question by contacting us here:
- Twitter: @NavmiiSupport
- Email: Support@navmii.com
- Facebook: www.facebook.com/navmiigps
Note: continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life.
- Bug fixes
- Improved stability & performance
- Maps update: June 2017
Ratings and Reviews
Unfortunately not a good enough navigation app
I had high hopes for this app; however, I would not recommend it for the following reasons:
1. Even though I enter a street name and number, it only finds the street and never locates the actual house number on the map. That's fine for smaller streets, but it has happened that it took me to the correct street but really far from the actual house address.
2. The turn-by-turn instructions are not that good. It does not really find the best route (although that's ok), but the worse part is that your GPS location on the map is not accurate enough. Sometimes it places me on a location that I already passed, and sometimes it places me on a location that I haven't quite reached. We are only talking about 50 or 100 meters, but that can make you miss a turn or turn too early.
I have used TomTom in the past, and that was a whole lot smoother experience. I know some people love TomTom and others love Navigon, but they both can be pricy depending on what you need.
If you only need basic, mediocre navigation off and on, or maybe just for a quick vacation, and you don't want to spend the money on TomTom or Navigon etc., then this app might be enough for you, or you can check out other cheap alternatives. I only need navigation maybe once a month, and even at that, I won't rely on this app. It's too frustrating.
I have been using google maps to navigate around Germany and it did work quite well. On whim I downloaded the Navmii as another option. I can honestly say I am very impressed. Just did a 4 hour drive and it did exactly what it was supposed to. I really liked that fact that it displays the speed limit you are in. Around Germany the zones on the autobahn change quickly and sometimes for no apparent reason. My license can't afford any more tickets so it is nice how to get that friendly reminder alert that you are traveling to quickly. Just added on the safety camera function so it will be interesting to see how that works. Overall, great app, and user friendly!
No problems with a FREE Nav APP
The app itself does what it should especially since it is FREE. I could give 5 stars due to the fact of small/minor issues but overall I think this app is worth the download if you are not looking to spend money and just need to get to your location; you may not get their on the pinpoint address/house number but close enough. Lastly make sure your phone is not on vibrate mode or silenced ringer, because you will not be able to hear the speech of the Nav app.
- Navmii Publishing Ltd
- 1.8 GB
- Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- English, Chinese, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hungarian, Italian, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Spanish, Swedish, Turkish
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- This app may use your location even when it isn't open, which can decrease battery life.
- © Navmii Publishing Ltd.
- In-App Purchases
- Ad-Free Version $1.99
- Map of Austria $2.99
- Safety Camera Database for Navfree $2.99
Get all of your passes, tickets, cards, and more in one place.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.