By NBA Digital
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
The official app of the NBA Playoffs!
• Check the Bracket and Series hubs to keep up to date with each matchup
• See schedules to check live scores, game times, and in-game stats.
• Customize your experience by following your favorite teams and players.
• Stay up-to-date with the latest NBA news and top stories.
• Watch top plays from around the league with video highlights and recaps.
• Follow league standings for the whole NBA.
• Listen to Live games with NBA LEAGUE PASS AUDIO.
• CarPlay support.
What's New in Version 2016.4
• Features for NBA Playoffs 2017 - Begin on 4/15!
• Fixed bug where game alerts were automatically navigating users to other games
• Other bug fixes/ performance enhancements
This is currently trash
I don't usually review apps but I just had to comment on this one. Earlier today I was in the doctor's office looking to see last night's game recaps since I fell asleep and missed them. Why come whenever I open the NBA app for box scores the ads automatically play along with the recap? Not only did I offend kids and their parents in my appointment today. I was literally annoyed myself as well. There are many other flaws as well mentioned in the other comments. Why does this app continue to get worse with each update? And looking at the other reviews, charging $200 for an already flawed app is a no go. I'll just use my cable provider's login to watch free games on ESPN and other cable channels I already pay for. They work much better than this crappy app. MLB At Bat is worth it. So is the official NFL app for the football season. But this... I would never pay for this piece of $#%*! And this is saying a lot since basketball is my favorite sport!
Changes my settings without asking
A stunningly bad app. Probably the worst thing about it is that it constantly changes my settings for auto play back to on. I usually don't have time to watch games but like checking box scores and player stats occasionally. I always have auto play turned off. The app literally turns auto play back on without asking me, causing the app to make a ton of noise every time I try to open it and view game stats. At first I thought it was my mistake, but after turning off auto play several times in the settings, the app has by itself turned the auto play back on on three separate occasions. I have never dealt with an app like this, and usually the only reviews I write are positive five-star reviews for companies/products I like. I'm writing this and willing to change my rating in the hope that NBA fixes this incredibly basic feature.
Not worth the price
I can't believe the NBA charges $200 for this app with the promise that I will be able to watch games. What they don't tell you is that the camera shot you have access to is sometimes behind the backboard, sometimes isolated on one player. It rarely is it the camera angle you would get on the broadcast. Why would I want to watch a game isolated on Vince Carter?? I can't even see if the shots go in!!
As a cord cutter I am very disappointed in this alternative to paying for broadcast TV. The NBA should give us what they know we expect when they charge us $200 for the season. Like the NFL app, charge me $99 and tell me I won't be able to watch live games. I'm okay with that. Instead, the NBA charges $200 and claims to let you watch live games and then pulls this nonsense where you get an isolated camera shot.
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Sports
- Updated: Apr 10, 2017
- Version: 2016.4
- Size: 102 MB
- Apple Watch: Yes
- Language: English
- Seller: NBA Digital
- © 2009-2017 NBA Digital
Compatibility: Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.Apple TV: Yes
Top In-App Purchases
- NBA LEAGUE PASS AUDIO 2015-16$9.99
- NBA LEAGUE PASS AUDIO 2016-17$9.99
- NBA TEAM PASS 2015-16$29.99
- Lakers vs.Warriors, 04/12/17$6.99
- Cavaliers vs.Jazz, 01/10/17$6.99
- Nets vs.Bulls, 04/12/17$6.99
- Wizards vs.Heat, 04/12/17$6.99
- Lakers vs.Warriors, 11/23/16$6.99
- Raptors vs.Cavaliers, 04/12/17$6.99
- Pelicans vs.Warriors, 11/07/16$6.99