By NBA Digital
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
The all-new official FREE app of the NBA!
• Watch live regular season NBA games all season long with the purchase of a NBA LEAGUE PASS subscription (Blackout restrictions apply).
• See schedules to check live scores, game times, and in-game stats.
• Customize your experience by following your favorite teams and players.
• Stay up-to-date with the latest NBA news and top stories.
• Watch top plays from around the league with video highlights and recaps.
• Follow league standings for the whole NBA.
• Listen to Live games
• CarPlay support
What's New in Version 2016.3.1
• Bug fixes and performance enhancements.
Prettier but not as useful
I was pleased when I first saw the new update. It looks fresh and modern but it's not as useful as last years app. For one, there's no way to see a teams schedule unless you follow them, and then their schedule is combined with all the other teams you follow. Then, each players profile only shows you stats which are rounded up, no decimal points, which in professional sports in 2016 should be a crime. Also on the player profile you can only see stats from the previous few games and that's it, no checking what they did over the last month, let alone stats from previous years. Another big minus is lack of landscape support which makes reading the box score a huge pain. I can no longer use the official NBA to look up players to see how they've done in recent games (more than last 3 games) or previous seasons.
I really could go on and on. For die hard NBA fans, this app is close to useless. Latest update does nothing to fix these issues.
No stars. App stil is horrible
With every update app seems to get worse. Now can't even fast forward when watching a replayed game. Another stupid thing about this app is that even if you turn off the show score option off, when you go to replay the game the final score is posted below the game replay video, so now you know who won before watching the game, making it useless to watch the game. There should be an option to turn that off as well as the team record off. If you follow your team, you know their record and when going to watch a replay you see their record under the video, again you know who won before watching the game.
Priority right now should be fixing the fast forward issue.
A good app and a work in progress
The changes made this year with the UI and the app itself seem to have made the app a lot more stable. However there are still features missing that the app had before, which happens with any redesign. I have had few issues with my league pass subscription.
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Sports
- Updated: Jan 17, 2017
- Version: 2016.3.1
- Size: 86.4 MB
- Apple Watch: Yes
- Language: English
- Seller: NBA Digital
- © 2009-2016 NBA Digital
Compatibility: Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.Apple TV: Yes
Top In-App Purchases
- NBA LEAGUE PASS AUDIO 2015-16$9.99
- NBA LEAGUE PASS 2016-17$99.99
- NBA LEAGUE PASS AUDIO 2016-17$9.99
- NBA TEAM PASS 2016-17$59.99
- NBA TEAM PASS 2015-16$29.99
- Cavaliers vs.Jazz, 01/10/17$6.99
- Warriors vs.Kings, 01/08/17$6.99
- Cavaliers vs.Suns, 01/08/17$6.99
- Trailblazers vs.Lakers, 01/10/17$6.99
- Thunder vs.Bulls, 01/09/17$6.99