NBC Sports Live Extra
By NBCUniversal Media, LLC
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Watch thousands of live sporting events that air on NBC, NBCSN and Golf Channel LIVE for FREE with NBC Sports Live Extra. Download now on your iPad, iPhone or iPod touch, and stream NHL Regular-Season and Stanley Cup Playoff games, PGA TOUR, U.S. Open (golf), Notre Dame Football, French Open (tennis), Premier League (soccer), Formula One, IndyCar and Triple Crown horse racing.
* Video on Demand: access video clips, preview upcoming events, and check out highlights from past events
* Online coverage schedule: browse the online schedule and set event reminders
* Live Events: watch marquee NBC Sports events LIVE!
* Full Event Replays: relive all the great moments with full event replays
* Push Notifications: receive reminder alerts for upcoming events
The vast majority of live streaming content on NBC Sports Live Extra will only be available to authenticated cable, satellite and telco customers via TV Everywhere. Further instructions are provided in the app settings section.
NBC Sports video is only accessible in the U.S. and certain U.S. territories. The application requires a 3G, 4G or WiFi data connection. Watching video over a 3G or 4G connection may affect your wireless data plan. iPads that support Retina display can experience HD quality video at up to 1080p. The video quality will adapt based on your data connection.
What's New in Version 4.1.1
General stability and performance improvements
Bug fix when dismissing a video after activating Control Center
Thin dark line in carousel images on iPhone has been eliminated
Video should start playing at a higher quality
Terrible Experience, But I Have No Alternative
First of all, it’s very stupid that it shows the winner of the event in the thumbnail preview. I have to have my wife navigate in the app if I don’t want to see the result.
If I stream using airplay, when the phone goes to sleep, the stream shuts off and I have to unlock the phone again.
Lots of playback issues, it cuts off in the middle of the event and I have to navigate back to where I was — which is frustrating since you can’t scrub to find where you were. Instead you have to sit through literally ten commercials just to see if you’re at the place where you want to be. Which wouldn’t be a big deal if the playback actually worked properly, but it doesn’t.
While using the app with Apple AirPlay to take advantage of a bigger screen connected to an AppleTV, the stream disconnects when the iOS device attempts to sleep. The result is a total loss of the video about every four minutes. This problem had been corrected in previous versions but has returned in the latest update.
With the NHL PlayOffs starting, the buggy update is particularly annoying and ill-timed.
Ads Work Great
The NBC sports app has a bad problem of constantly crashing. Often I find myself unable to watch the desired stream, however, the ads work 100% of the time. Usually when I tap on a video the ad will play and then the app will just simply freeze and crash.
Thank you for allowing so many great videos to be streamed but please, please fix the stability of this app
- Category: Sports
- Updated: Apr 13, 2015
- Version: 4.1.1
- Size: 46.6 MB
- Languages: English, Arabic, Bokmål, Norwegian, Catalan, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Seller: NBCUniversal Media, LLC
- © 2014 NBCUniversal Media, LLC
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.