NBC Sports Gold
By NBCUniversal Media, LLC
This app is only available on the App Store for iOS devices.
With NBCSports Gold, Own Your Sport. Watch exclusive Premier League matches, top Cycling races, Lucas Oil Pro Motocross Championship, premier Rugby competitions and tournaments, major Marathons and prestigious Track and Field championships. Watch all events live or relive the action with full event replays. Available without a TV provider. Subscription fees apply.
EACH SPORTS PASS PROVIDES LIVE AND ON-DEMAND ACCESS:
• PREMIER LEAGUE PASS: Stream select Premier League matches plus access a full suite of Premier League shows and NBCSN originals.
• CYCLING PASS: Watch every stage of Tour de France, Vuelta a España, Amgen Tour of California and more. Plus, one day Classics Paris-Roubaix and Liège–Bastogne–Liège.
• PRO MOTOCROSS PASS: Non-stop racing. Stream the entire Lucas Oil Pro Motocross Championship Season - Qualifiers, Moto 1s, Moto 2s and archived races from 2015 and 2016.
• RUGBY PASS: Every match of every round of Premiership Rugby plus select matches from World Rugby tournaments including Rugby World Cup Sevens 2018 in San Francisco.
• TRACK and FIELD PASS: Access USA Track & Field Championships, complete Diamond League coverage, IAAF World Track & Field Championships, marathons and more.
• Live Streaming
• Full Event Replays
• No TV Provider Required
• Schedule Event and Match Reminders
• Featured Video Clips, Highlights and Interviews
NBC Sports Gold provides captioning support on videos with a “CC” icon in the player controls. Just touch to enable.
NBC Sports Gold Premier League Pass, Cycling Pass, Rugby Pass, and Track and Field Pass are only accessible in the USA. The Pro Motocross Pass is accessible in the USA, Austria, Canada, Denmark, Germany, Ireland, Italy, Japan, Luxembourg, Netherlands, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland and the UK.
The application requires a 3G, 4G, LTE or WiFi network data connection. Watching video over a 3G or 4G connection may affect your wireless data plan. Data charges may apply. iPads that support Retina display can experience HD quality video at up to 1080p. The video quality will adapt based on your data connection.
What's New in Version 3.5.2
Bug fixes and optimization
This app is a complete disaster and a rip off
I was forced to download this app in order to view my Manchester city versus stoke premier league soccer game. It cost me $50. When I logged in and tried to watch the game on my iPhone 6S plus I got a black screen and no audio. When I tried to watch the game on an iPhone 7 I once again got a completely black screen but I got audio. When I tried to watch it on a third device, an old-school iPad mini, I got about two minutes of video and then the screen went blank and all I got was audio. The only way I could watch the game was on my desktop computer and I had no interest in doing that since I wanted to watch it on my TV.
It is ludicrous that this app will not work with modern devices. It is a complete disaster and a rip off. I’m going to try to get my money back and I will never purchase another streaming app from NBC for any reason. Stay away from this like the plague
The poster child for being nickel and dimed
Getting REALLY tired of every television network creating their own “premium” apps. NBC has a free sports app but this year they created another one and took content from the free one and put it behind a paywall in the new one. Not only do they put it behind a paywall but they actually have the audacity to charge for EACH individual sport. Not only do you have to pay for each individual one but it is not even cost friendly. You want soccer? $50. You want rugby? $60. You want cycling? Another $30. You want motorcycle racing...yup, you guessed it, yet another $10. Charging this much for things that are, for the most part, fringe sports here in the US is simply disgusting. You want to grow the popularity of these sports here? This certainly is not a step in the right direction. I’m actually surprised they don’t charge you another $20 to come to your house and kick you in the groin.
Do Not Waste Your Money
If only it were possible to rate with no stars. I should have heeded the advice not to download the app and pay for a subscription.
The app simply does not work on iOS 11. You can’t even subscribe to the content from the app - you have to do it from a browser. And that won’t work on the iPhone because you can’t fill in the fields correctly due to a bad web UI experience.
Once you get past the sign up process, you will find that the live feed gives you audio but no video. Something everyone else complained of, but I thought “nah - must be OK”. I was so wrong.
In addition your subscription is on “auto renew” from NBC - so be wary of that scam too.
How this app got past Apples App Store review when it simply doesn’t work is a mystery. How a company can promote such a piece of crap is no surprise given the state of their industry.
Sadly NBC is on the path to milking every last dollar out of its customers while it can as it’s cable business does a long overdue death spiral.
The sooner the US TV cable and satellite industry disappears into oblivion the better off the consumer will be.
Bottom line - do not waste your money. Sit out the one or two games you are missing and use your hard earned money some place else.
- Category: Sports
- Updated: Oct 02, 2017
- Version: 3.5.2
- Size: 111 MB
- Languages: English, Arabic, Catalan, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Seller: NBCUniversal Media, LLC
- © 2017 NBCUniversal Media, LLC.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.Apple TV: Yes