Why join NearbyNewz? Because it gives you the power to report on and evaluate and validate the news.
Become informed by credible news events as they happen around you!
NearbyNewz is not social media, but something altogether new: Locational media. NearbyNewz crowdsourced information is now shared by location, not by connections or who knows who.
A post on NearbyNewz is similar to placing an information stake in the ground that is picked up by other NearbyNewz users in close proximity to it.
Additionally, as you move, the information in your local feed updates because you are now collecting new information based on your new location.
NearbyNewz happens in real time and allows users to exchange information without restriction of the friend/follow model that prevents the flow of location-based information.
This is all accomplished without tracking the user’s location, allowing for anonymity. Further, an assessment tool allows users to rate posted stories, creating credibility ratings for each user over time.
Join the movement to become informed and connected to what is happening around you right now, no matter where you are or who you know.
Key Concepts & Features:
• Newz = Any information you find of interest or value; it is likely others will find it valuable, too. Newz can be something as innocuous as a great deal you find while shopping to the breaking news event you just happened to witness. (See Suggestions for Posts below)
• NearbyNewz is Safe – You are never tracked and posts are left where they originated. Given there are no maps disclosing specific locations of users, exact location, or your identity if desired, is never disclosed.
• Credibility Rating – The more you are involved and the more informed users are by your posts, the higher you rating will be.
• Trending Timeline – This optional timeline allows users to see what posts are popular – which posts are getting the most clicks, comments and views – regardless of where they originated.
• Bookmark Link – Bookmarking allows users to keep a story or event in the Favorites timeline.
• My Posts – By selecting this tab, users have a historical record of their own posts; check on the comments from posts you made months ago, to see if there is a happy ending to your story.
• Comments – This is where a story takes shape: The local community can provide additional commentary to the original post by asking questions or giving your readers more details.
• Flagging Post – A quick and easy tool to report a post that you believe to be false or inappropriate.
Hurry! Download, post and invite!
Suggestions for Posts
During testing we found NearbyNewzers most commonly posted about:
Acts of Kindness — Accolades for neighbors or anyone doing good deeds.
City Services — Questions or announcements related to trash pickup, utilities, etc.
Crime — Recent crimes or suspicious activity.
Family/Parenting — Schools, daycare, kids' classes, playgroups, summer camps.
Housing/Real Estate — Find a new listing near work or announce a new listing.
Local Business — Business reviews, suggestions and recommendations.
Local Politics — Fact checking, local events, meetings, hear from the candidate themselves.
Lost and Found — Found keys, lost cameras, etc.
Neighborhood News — Announcements and questions about things happening nearby. Suggestions to make your neighborhood a better place.
Pets — Lost pets, found pets, dog parks, and alerts for local pet owners.
Reviews – Books, movies, dining, local service providers – warn others about bad service or spread the news on good experiences.
Note: This list only a suggestion. We encourage you to share any information you find valuable and that others would find valuable as well.
Updated social sharing
- Trinity App Workz, LLC
- 58.1 MB
- Requires iOS 10.1 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 12+ for the following:
- Infrequent/Mild Mature/Suggestive Themes
- Infrequent/Mild Profanity or Crude Humor
- Infrequent/Mild Realistic Violence
- © Trinity App Workz
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.