By Nearpod LLC
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Nearpod is a must have application for teachers and schools that have access to a set of iPads, iPods, iPhones or Macs for their classes.
The Nearpod platform enables teachers, schools and districts, to use their iPads to manage content on students' iPads, iPhones, iPods or Macs. It seamlessly combines interactive presentation, collaboration, and real-time assessment tools into one integrated solution.
What Teachers Are Saying About Nearpod:
"My students love using the Nearpod app! It allows me to assess my students using polls, multiple choice questions, and open ended questions." - Natasha, Spanish Teacher - New York
“I am now able to engage all students during my lessons. There are many parts to Nearpod, but the one that creates active learners in my classroom is Draw It. This feature allows my students to literally draw on any slide I push out to their iPads. “ - Daniel, Teacher & Tech Specialist - New Jersey,
"Nearpod is a powerful tool! My students love it and it gives me so much flexibility in and out of the classroom. I was using Nearpod in my AP Biology class and one of my students arrived late due to a dentist appointment. Just as he walked in the door I asked a question and he answered it. After seeing the astonished look on my face he explained that another classmate had texted him the presentation PIN and he had been following along the entire period so he hadn't missed anything! Awesome!" Janell, Teacher - Florida.
"Nearpod was great and the ability to guide students through the presentation, while walking around the classroom was excellent. Of course the power comes from the interactive elements of the presentation." - Matt, Teacher - Middlesex, UK
How it Works:
1. Nearpod presentations: Create new slides or turn your Powerpoint, Google Slides or PDFs into interactive Nearpod presentations. Or choose from a ever-growing library of ready-to-use CCSS content from distinguished educators and publishers.
2. Engage your students on any device: Easily share synchronized lessons with students across all devices. Include interactive features such as quizzes, videos, polls, drawing tools, and more.
3. Instantly Assess Student Comprehension: Get real-time feedback + comprehensive post-session reports. Download report data and integrate it with your LMS.
Try the SILVER Edition for FREE! You also have the option to upgrade your account to the Nearpod GOLD Edition for only $11.99/month, which offers the following benefits:
- More storage space (up to 3GB)
- Larger file uploads (up to 40MB)
- More students per session (up to 50)
- Additional interactive features (add audio slides, twitter timelines and insert web pages in your presentation)
- Student self paced feature (Nearpod homework)
- "On the Fly" features
Download Nearpod now and sign up for a FREE account to start experiencing the magic of Nearpod!
What's New in Version 7.0.8
On the Fly Features:
These new features makes student interactivity and classroom discussion much more engaging by allowing teachers to improvise “on the fly” that do not need to be part of the up front lesson planning. These new features include the following set of tools:
Web - Teachers have the ability to share any website with their students at anytime during their lessons as needed. Students explore the shared websites on their own, which promotes individual learning.
Open Ended Questions - Ask relevant questions to you students in real-time and get immediate answers and share student answers with the class.
Draw It - Teachers can ask students during a lesson to seamlessly draw, upload a picture, paint or type text based on interactions and discussion that happen in real-time on a particular topic or subject.
Slide - Teachers can create and share new slides on the fly with their students. Slide can include photos, drawings, text and images.
True/False - Teachers can embed T/F questions into their presentations based on discussions and interactions that occurs during the lesson.
Student Notes and Google Drive - This is a feature for schools and districts that allow students to save their notes to Google Drive.
Follow Authors - Ability to follow favorite Nearpod authors and get notified when new content is published by them.
Bug fixes + improvements.
Perfect for teachers in the 1:1 classroom
Nearpod allows teachers to redesign their instruction using mobile devices, iPads and Chromebooks! Try it!
I've enjoyed this app already but I know I need to learn more! Can't wait. Hope it doesn't get too costly.
This is my new favorite tool for teaching.
- Category: Education
- Updated: Aug 20, 2015
- Version: 7.0.8
- Size: 29.4 MB
- Languages: English, Spanish
- Seller: Nearpod LLC
- © Nearpod Inc. 2015
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
Top In-App Purchases
- to Nearpod Gold Edition$11.99
- NPP "Authors: What are Cells?"$2.99
- NPP "TIME For Kids: The Homework Debate"$2.99
- NPP "TIME For Kids: Time for Change?"$2.99
- Complete Study Guides - Macbeth$9.99
- NPP "Authors: Drawing Inferences"$2.99
- NPP "Authors: Using Description"$2.99
- NPP "Authors: The Rock Cycle"$2.99
- NPP "Authors: Decimals and Fractions"$2.99
- NPP "Authors: Summarizing a Text"$2.99