Neat is an expense-tracking and document-management solution.
Important: The Neat mobile app requires an active Neat cloud subscription. To learn more visit https://www.neat.com/plans-pricing/.
Part of the Neat experience, the Neat mobile app allows you to capture items such as receipts, business cards, documents, and other files using your smartphone’s built-in camera. Additionally, you can use the app to manage and access any item you’ve stored in your Neat cloud account. Check out the list of features below to see everything our powerful mobile app can do!
Key features include:
• Scan receipts, business cards, and any other document using your phone’s camera.
• Intelligent text recognition reads printed text and extracts key information, such as names and addresses from business cards, tax and totals from receipts.
• Create detailed expense reports in seconds.
• Sync your Neat files across all of your devices and manage them anywhere – it’s like having your filing cabinet in your pocket!
• Share files and folders with others - Comment back and forth on shared items.
• Receive notifications when your mobile scans have been processed and are ready to view.
• Use powerful keyword search to locate any item in seconds.
• Use one tap to call or email your Neat contacts.
Neat Support http://www.neat.com/support
- Quickly select previously used values for key fields such as vendor and category.
- Improved help center.
- Fixed bug related to images not being shown correctly.
Ratings and Reviews
You don’t need it
I have been using neat for about 10 year. It always had a very poor 3d party customer support, but I was able to manage our relationship somehow. My major issue was that while I used the application I accumulated too much tax related documents. With exclusive cloud application there is no way to keep the organized back up on your hard drive. Neat says that all the documents remain on your hard drive, but they cheat. The documents and recipes are not organized without the software. Therefore if you start using neat cloud you become their slave. This is the reason that I have decided to quite Neat after 10 years of relationship. Also, just couldn’t tolerate their poor 3d party customer support any more. They have been trying to fix my issue with sync for 3!!!! Days!!! I mean I couldn’t work on my computer for 3!!! Days!!! Watching them fixing the issue. And suddenly the person working on the issue could be pulled way for several hours. No! don’t need this soft and this service !!! The idea was great however
I was really hoping to be able to use my iPad exclusively with Neat. It works pretty well for most things - I have no problem changing the type of item (receipt, doc, etc). However, the "email your item" doesn't work -- the emails are never received - even 24 hours later. The export feature absolutely SHOULD allow you to upload it to the iCloud Drive rather than just “photos” - many of my documents can be saved as a PDF on my iPad but I can’t import it into the Neat App! The other thing that is not an option is combining items. You can't do that in the app. Fix these 3 things and I will give it 5 stars!
Poor Mobile App
The mobile app will not always remain synced with the "cloud". The mobile app collects garbage versions of receipts as you move them on the cloud side. End up having to periodically delete the app and reinstall in order to clean up the local mobile contents. Overall my experience with neat is no longer positive. The cloud software in its current version is not nearly as functional as the original desktop offering. Now that they no longer make dedicated scanners and force you to pay an annual fee to access your data with no method to export easily. You are locked into the relationship to access you paperless records.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.