By The Neat Company
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
The Neat app is free for NeatCloud® subscribers. Please visit the Neat website for more information.
Neat is a Digital Filing System that helps you transform, organize, and access your important information across all the devices you use.
With the Neat app, you can manage your important files anywhere, anytime. You can even use the camera on your iPhone or iPad to scan in receipts, business cards, and other documents.
Key Features of the Neat app:
• Scan receipts, business cards, and any other document using your iPhone or iPad camera
• Intelligent Text Recognition reads and extracts key information, such as names and addresses from business cards and tax and totals from receipts
• Edit data on any Neat file – even those you scanned at home
• Create expense reports right from your phone or tablet
• Sync your Neat files across all of your devices and manage them anywhere – it’s like having your filing cabinet in your pocket
• Share files and folders with others, and comment back and forth on shared items
• Receive notifications when your mobile scans have been processed and are ready to view – on your desktop, via the web, or right on your device
• Use keyword search to find anything – fast
• One tap to call or email your Neat contacts
Key Features of the Neat Digital Filing System:
• Transform receipts, business cards, and other documents into organized digital information you can use
• Easily import e-receipts, PDFs, and images directly from your email or computer
• Intelligent Text Recognition technology reads and extracts key information from business cards and receipts, and makes every word of every document keyword searchable
• Share files and folders with whomever you choose
• Quickly create expense reports and tax reports, file FSA claims, and track expenses
• Sync contacts to your Mac Address Book or Outlook
• Export data to Excel, Quicken, Quickbooks, CSV, and more
To learn more about the Neat Digital Filing System, NeatCloud, or the Neat app, please visit our website.
What's New in Version 2.1.3
* Fixed a number of customer reported crashes.
Worst customer support ever
I have been using this app along with Neat scanners for several years and my troubles began after my primary email address needed to be changed because of a simple job change. It was working fine until it came time for my annual renewal. This is where the troubles began. I could no longer access my account, and password reset request we're going to my invalid email. The simple ability to get support on the phone was horrible. It kept directing me to the web site, where it requires you to login to creat a case, which of course doesn't work anymore. All attempts to get automated assistance was redirecting me to a web site. All attempts to contact someone in support that could help where excruciatingly difficult. I finally did get someone, I was able to get help to get everything over to my new account and then after 30 days into my yearly subscription I am told by the app that my trial is over and I am locked out again.
The customer support is horrible. Please look to other apps to get this service. I am utterly dissatisfied with this company. Why am I paying a company over $100 per year for a subscription on which I cannot get support for a simple issue.
Look to another app for your needs. I cannot stress this enough.
I have been a customer for 3 years, this product is getting worse by the month. I keep hoping that the next update will improve it and usually it just makes things worse. Highly unreliable. When you email a receipt to your Neat account, there is a chance in 3 that it will not be processed. If you email many receipts a day it completely defeats the purpose of using Neat since you have to keep track of every receipt you sent to make sure that it was processed. OCR is probably the worst of any software I have ever used. I have to correct every single receipt, not once (in thousands of receipts) has the software gotten it right. Finally I use it on multiple devices, and the it depending on which device I'm on I see different items in the folders... and yes, I have uninstalled it from all devices, and re-installed it, deleted the database etc, to no avail. If I could give it 0 stars I would... Trying to find an alternative system and a way to transfer all my data.
Less than 1 star
I have given this app numerous chances, but it is seriously the worst. It's unreliable, customer service and support are a joke, and it's wasted time and money. When I consider the amount of time and information I have lost trying to figure out what has gone wrong and re-creating data that has been lost in transmission or in syncing I become furious. I have hesitated in switching apps because I didn't want to waste the original time I spent in inputting data. But I realize now that I should have cut my losses. I have lost huge chunks of data, spent numerous hours recreating and resubmitting data because either the app crashes as I'm uploading, doesn't fully sync, or prioritizes the wrong device in syncing -- erasing numerous pieces of recently uploaded receipts. Buyer beware. Worst investment ever.