By The Neat Company
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
The Neat app is free for NeatCloud® subscribers. Please visit the Neat website for more information.
Neat is a Digital Filing System that helps you transform, organize, and access your important information across all the devices you use.
With the Neat app, you can manage your important files anywhere, anytime. You can even use the camera on your iPhone or iPad to scan in receipts, business cards, and other documents.
Key Features of the Neat app:
• Scan receipts, business cards, and any other document using your iPhone or iPad camera
• Intelligent Text Recognition reads and extracts key information, such as names and addresses from business cards and tax and totals from receipts
• Edit data on any Neat file – even those you scanned at home
• Create expense reports right from your phone or tablet
• Sync your Neat files across all of your devices and manage them anywhere – it’s like having your filing cabinet in your pocket
• Share files and folders with others, and comment back and forth on shared items
• Receive notifications when your mobile scans have been processed and are ready to view – on your desktop, via the web, or right on your device
• Use keyword search to find anything – fast
• One tap to call or email your Neat contacts
Key Features of the Neat Digital Filing System:
• Transform receipts, business cards, and other documents into organized digital information you can use
• Easily import e-receipts, PDFs, and images directly from your email or computer
• Intelligent Text Recognition technology reads and extracts key information from business cards and receipts, and makes every word of every document keyword searchable
• Share files and folders with whomever you choose
• Quickly create expense reports and tax reports, file FSA claims, and track expenses
• Sync contacts to your Mac Address Book or Outlook
• Export data to Excel, Quicken, Quickbooks, CSV, and more
To learn more about the Neat Digital Filing System, NeatCloud, or the Neat app, please visit our website.
What's New in Version 2.0.19
*Login screen redesign
I have had the neat scanner for a year now and have many items scanned and filed. However I am not a consistent user because it is very frustrating and I stop using it. You can't call and talk with someone to get things immediately resolved and email answers are not sufficient. Biggest current problem is that Neat wants to use Create and Modify Dates as the listing order. I could care less about Create and Modify. The when I use a Date field, which is only available in Receipts, it sorts the column by month instead of year - month - date. Then the search feature which is the key selling feature doesn't work or works poorly. Apple's Spotlight Search is the only way to find a document. Stop spending money on advertising and fix the software.
Very nice with lots of potential
I bought Neat with scanner before reading the app reviews but I'd researched prior to purchasing. Scanner for desktop slightly hunky but workable.
My opinion on the mobile version is that it performs as well as I expected it to. The only issue I have is the whole credit account for verifying receipt clarity.
I can designate categories and upload business cards as business cards. Not sure why other users had issues with this and the document function. And best of all? The integration with the desktop. Great download for my accountant. She loved it!
Some room to grow
Overall, I like the Neat system, but there are a couple of much-needed updates. 1. Please sort the "Tax Category" list. It is absolutely random. 2. Please look in to the accuracy of your Neat Verifiers. A utility bill gets classified as a "general retail." I have yet to submit a receipt or bill that does not need to be completely changed.
- Category: Productivity
- Updated: Oct 15, 2014
- Version: 2.0.19
- Size: 13.0 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: The Neat Company
- © 2012 The Neat Company
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.