By Nuclear Elements, Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Featured three times on Lifehacker as one of the best tools for getting things done! Nebulous Notes is the text editor of choice for professionals.
Nebulous Notes is the text editor of choice for professionals. I get emails from correspondents at BBC, writers for the New Yorker, and businessmen trying to organize their thoughts. I also just finished writing a 200+ page book myself, so I use my own app every day.
All notes in NN are backed up to Dropbox, because I care a lot about text files. Notes aren't stored in some vague format that is hard to export (think GDrive or Evernote), but rather in plain-old text files that you can point to.
Nebulous Notes is also the ONLY iOS text editor that selectively edits and syncs text files in any Dropbox folder seamlessly. It took 3 years to make it this smooth, but it's crucial because not everybody has all their text files in one single application folder.
- Open and edit all plain-text files (.txt, .md, .c, etc.)
- Save files to Dropbox
- Note: you cannot edit Word Documents or PDFs
FEATURES USERS LOVE
- Open files from ANY Dropbox folder
- Full Dropbox file search
- Pinch-to-zoom on text
- Laser-like attention to detail on plain-text editing
- Selective file syncing
- Flush, full-screen support for "Writeroom"-style editing
- Extra row of keys above the keyboard for shortcuts
- The shortcuts can include single characters, or whole strings of characters
- Shortucts also include programmatic shortcuts like timestamps and inserting newlines
- Preview files in HTML, MarkDown, MultiMarkdown, Rich Text-RTF
- Supports saving and opening in all file encodings (useful for international users)
- VoiceOver hints
- Print documents using AirPrint
- Save in Evernote
- Tag Files
- TextExpander support
- Customizable themes
- Protect the app with a PIN
- "Insert Tab" key (multi-line tabbing and un-tabbing supported)
- One-click access to MarkDown/HTML previews
- Turn off word-wrapping
"Wow, I do so LOVE your app." - Merlin Mann, creator of 43 Folders
"This is quite possibly the best tool for any writer, blogger, or journalist that needs to get work done on-the-go" - AppAdvice.com
"If you feel really geeky about your note-taking, give Nebulous Notes a shot." - geek.com
What's New in Version 9.0.2
- Fixes for iOS 9 quirks
- Submitted a tentative fix for sluggishness. If it's still a problem, let me know.
I have moved and renamed a lot of items to make the whole app flow more harmoniously. For long-time users confused by the changes, here's some clarification:
- Instead of Device and Cloud, there's just Notes and History.
- If you're connected to Dropbox, Notes includes all your cloud notes on Dropbox while History is just your device notes.
- If you're not connected to Dropbox, Notes is just your device notes.
- New notes are created in your current folder. There is no longer a separate folder called "My Notes." By default, the "Notes" folder in Dropbox is where new notes will go.
- Finding a word in a note is no longer accessible from the macro bar, but from the magnifying glass on the toolbar.
- Macros are now called "Keyboard Shortcuts."
- I really recommend resetting your shortcuts/macros. I've created a set of defaults that I use all the time now.
- Settings has been moved away from the editor and next to Notes and History.
Split-screen support would make it 5-star
This app has been my go-to notes program for more than a year. The cloud sync is great. It balances simplicity and functionality. It also stores things logically and so is a convenient way to view some of the pdfs I've put in Dropbox for reference. But now that iOS 9 has the split-screen function, this app loses some utility. Here's hoping the developer can updated it for that. Otherwise, it's been reliable and great.
Basic by Design
Ive been using this editor for a few years and it has been pretty solid. I used to use PlainText, but they sold it to a developer that ruined it.
Reasons I use this editor:
1. Simple plain text.
2. You can create folders as many levels deep as you want.
3. Syncs with Dropbox.
4. Can navigate entire Dropbox folder hierarchy.
5. Developer continues to support app.
Sometimes sync gets messed up and a new file is created with a date appended on the file name.
Search in a single document and find each occurrence of a word.
I get It
Solid Dropbox. Files are easy to locate and to upload. The Pinch n Zoom in the document is GENIUS. Wide array of switchable option. Hasn’t stumbled or quit in memory. Use it EvErYdAy.
- Category: Productivity
- Updated: Oct 17, 2015
- Version: 9.0.2
- Size: 14.9 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Nuclear Elements, Inc.
- © 2015 Nuclear Elements
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.3 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.