By Nuclear Elements, Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Featured three times on Lifehacker as one of the best tools for getting things done! Nebulous Notes is the text editor of choice for professionals.
Nebulous Notes is the text editor of choice for professionals. I get emails from correspondents at BBC, writers for the New Yorker, and businessmen trying to organize their thoughts. I also just finished writing a 200+ page book myself, so I use my own app every day.
All notes in NN are backed up to Dropbox, because I care a lot about text files. Notes aren't stored in some vague format that is hard to export (think GDrive or Evernote), but rather in plain-old text files that you can point to.
Nebulous Notes is also the ONLY iOS text editor that selectively edits and syncs text files in any Dropbox folder seamlessly. It took 3 years to make it this smooth, but it's crucial because not everybody has all their text files in one single application folder.
- Open and edit all plain-text files (.txt, .md, .c, etc.)
- Save files to Dropbox
- Note: you cannot edit Word Documents or PDFs
FEATURES USERS LOVE
- Open files from ANY Dropbox folder
- Full Dropbox file search
- Pinch-to-zoom on text
- Laser-like attention to detail on plain-text editing
- Selective file syncing
- Flush, full-screen support for "Writeroom"-style editing
- Extra row of keys above the keyboard for shortcuts
- The shortcuts can include single characters, or whole strings of characters
- Shortucts also include programmatic shortcuts like timestamps and inserting newlines
- Preview files in HTML, MarkDown, MultiMarkdown, Rich Text-RTF
- Supports saving and opening in all file encodings (useful for international users)
- VoiceOver hints
- Print documents using AirPrint
- Save in Evernote
- Tag Files
- TextExpander support
- Customizable themes
- Protect the app with a PIN
- "Insert Tab" key (multi-line tabbing and un-tabbing supported)
- One-click access to MarkDown/HTML previews
- Turn off word-wrapping
"Wow, I do so LOVE your app." - Merlin Mann, creator of 43 Folders
"This is quite possibly the best tool for any writer, blogger, or journalist that needs to get work done on-the-go" - AppAdvice.com
"If you feel really geeky about your note-taking, give Nebulous Notes a shot." - geek.com
What's New in Version 10.1.2
- Fixed margins on iPad Pro
After 6 years going strong, we are moving focus from Nebulous Notes to Permanote. This app may break any time between now and June 28, 2017, when Dropbox's API changes. Please upgrade to Permanote.
They gave up support
This is what gets me about some app developers. I totally understand it takes income to keep an app going. But for those who paid for this and then just suddenly will break, this is ridiculous. App Store has some of the most refined apps but if they suddenly will break down OS upgrades this leaves your hard work out to dry.
So this app, that I paid for, is being phased out by the developer and they expect me to buy their new app that does what I want? Why? That's not right! We should AUTOMATICALLY be moved to the new app since we paid for their original. If we pay for their new app they will do the exact same thing to us down the road! I may be dumb but I'm not plum dumb....
- Category: Productivity
- Updated: Dec 10, 2016
- Version: 10.1.2
- Size: 27.4 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Nuclear Elements, Inc.
- © 2017 Nuclear Elements
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.3 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.