NerdHerder for iOS
By Georgia Tech
This app is only available on the App Store for iOS devices.
**For the iPhone 4S, iPad2 or newer devices.**
Herd nerds through a distracting office space!
Help them avoid managers, deal with annoying paperwork, overcome their fear of sports, and chase down donuts, coffee and techie toys!
NerdHerder is an exciting new kind of motion-controlled table-top augmented reality puzzle game.
- Print out the game board from http://micronerd.net/print to get started.
- Point your phone at the gameboard and see a different office environment for each level of the game, right there in the world!
- Play the game using a virtual fishing rod attached to your phone, that you can use to pick up and dangle objects in front of the nerds to push or pull them through the office.
- Exercise your planning and action skills to herd the nerds back to their cubicles!
- Tabletop Augmented Reality game interface: The game levels appear to be in the world on the game board.
- Physical control: Interact by moving the phone around the board
- A combination of puzzle solving and physical skill
- 24 fun and challenging levels
- Built with Unity3D and Qualcomm's Vuforia Augmented Reality SDK
NerdHerder runs on the iPhone 4s, the iPad 2, and the new iPad. It will run, albeit slowly, on the iPhone4 (making it less playable on some of the more complex levels).
Nerdherder is an experimental game, created by students in the Augmented Reality Game Studio at Georgia Tech (made possible through the generous support of Qualcomm). This collaborative studio brings together students from the Georgia Institute of Technology, the Savannah College of Art and Design (Atlanta campus) and the Berklee College of Music.
Nerdherder grew out of our research into augmented reality game experiences, during which we created many different game prototypes (visit http://argamestudio.org to see videos of the other prototypes)
Please visit our website (http://www.micronerd.net/feedback) to tell us what you loved or hated about the game! As part of our research, we would also like to collect more detailed gameplay data. Inside the game, you will be given the option of sending us completely anonymous game play data. If you are willing, we'd also be delighted if you would fill out a survey at: http://www.surveymonkey.com/s/nerdherder
We hope you enjoy the game!
- menu text too small on New iPad
- slow on iPhone4 (unfortunately we cannot exclude iPhone4 from the store without excluding other devices)
What's New in Version 1.3
- updated the Qualcomm Vuforia SDK for iOS 6
- video orientation and color problems are fixed
What AR games could be like!
While I do wish Nerdherder didn't ask me to print out a darn game board, once you get over that you really need to agree that it's super fun. The idea of having a fishing hook dangling from my phone really makes me feel like that little critters on the game board are right there on my desk. I'd love to see more games that make me feel like the game is there in front of me, like this does! (and the sounds and animations are super cute)
Game runs fine!
Not sure what folks are complaining about regarding crashing. Works fine on my 4s and iPad!
It won't work for me any more
It still is really fun and a good game still
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Games
- Updated: Nov 10, 2012
- Version: 1.3
- Size: 67.0 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Georgia Tech Research Corporation
- © Georgia Tech Research Corporation
Compatibility: Requires iOS 4.3 or later. Compatible with iPhone 4, iPhone 4s, iPhone 5, iPhone 5c, iPhone 5s, iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone 6s, iPhone 6s Plus, iPhone SE, iPhone 7, iPhone 7 Plus, iPhone 8, iPhone 8 Plus, iPhone X, iPad 2 Wi-Fi, iPad 2 Wi-Fi + 3G, iPad Wi-Fi (3rd generation), iPad Wi‑Fi + Cellular (3rd generation), iPad Wi-Fi (4th generation), iPad Wi-Fi + Cellular (4th generation), iPad mini Wi-Fi, iPad mini Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Air, iPad Air Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 2, iPad mini 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Air 2, iPad Air 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 3, iPad mini 3 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 4, iPad mini 4 Wi-Fi + Cellular, 12.9-inch iPad Pro, 12.9-inch iPad Pro Wi-Fi + Cellular, 9.7-inch iPad Pro, 9.7-inch iPad Pro Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad (5th generation), iPad Wi-Fi + Cellular (5th generation), 12.9-inch iPad Pro (2nd generation), 12.9-inch iPad Pro Wi‑Fi + Cellular (2nd generation), 10.5-inch iPad Pro, 10.5-inch iPad Pro Wi‑Fi + Cellular, iPod touch (4th generation), iPod touch (5th generation), and [?]