Nest - Your home in your hand
By Nest Labs
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
At Nest, we make products that are beautiful, thoughtful and easy to use. The newly redesigned Nest app is no exception.
Control your Nest Learning Thermostat, see your home with Nest Cam and Dropcam, and know if Nest Protect goes off – all in one place. And get notifications on your iPhone, iPad or Apple Watch.
Nest uses sensors, algorithms and the location of your phone to do the right thing automatically, like turning off the heat and turning on the camera when you leave. And everyone at home can get notifications and control the Nest products they need with their own Nest Account – no more sharing passwords.
Nest Learning Thermostat
The thermostat that programs itself to help you save energy.
- Adjust the temperature from the train or the sofa using your phone or Apple Watch.
- See how much energy you used and why. The more you know, the more you can save.
- View and edit your thermostat schedule or boost your domestic hot water.
- Get extreme temperature alerts before your home gets too cold.
- Earn Leafs when you choose a temperature that saves you energy.
The smoke and carbon monoxide alarm that thinks, speaks and alerts your phone.
- Get an alert if Nest Protect senses smoke or carbon monoxide (CO). Or if the batteries are low. (Requires Wi-Fi and working internet connection)
- Silence an alarm from your phone with App Silence. (Nest Protect 2nd gen)
- See the status of your batteries, sensors and Wi-Fi connection.
- Run a Safety Checkup to test all your alarms at once – without using a chair or ladder. (Nest Protect 2nd gen)
- Get “What To Do” instructions during a smoke or CO event.
- See your Safety History so you know when alerts happened and why.
Nest Cam Indoor, Nest Cam Outdoor and Dropcam
The security cameras that let you see your home on your phone, inside and out.
- Set up your camera on your phone. Just plug it in and download the app to get started.
- Get alerts when there’s activity, and talk back to get someone’s attention.
- See what you missed with snapshots of the last three hours.
- Check in on home 24/7 in super clear 1080p HD (Nest Cam and Dropcam Pro only).
- Get person alerts and up to 30 days of video history when you subscribe to Nest Aware. (Subscription service sold separately.)
Some features require a working internet connection, Wi-Fi and/or Bluetooth.
What's New in Version 5.11.2
Bug fixes and enhancements.
I've been involved with software systems integration with hardware systems for more than 30 years. I originally bought one outdoor camera and used it for a month, bought the 10day service and then added a second camera. Also getting a camera for a family member. This product is one of the easiest to setup and use that I've ever encountered. Instructions are minimal and to the point and result in a fully function service the first time. Installation of the cameras is fool proof. Product quality is extremely high (does not feel cheap or like any short cuts were taken). Overall quality is excellent! The package contains everything you need (except tools and time ;-) the feature set is rich including two way audio that can be used easily in a radius of at least 50 feet (in my location). Camera field of view is 135 degs and streams at 1080p easily on my 6Mb upload on my home network. Really like the zones and notifications. I was able to easily invite family members to the account (without having to share a password or doing anything silly - the system sends email to the new user and that's it); I can unilaterally revoke a users access at anytime, good control). The app and the website both work very well and are well coordinated (usability across the platform is uniform - very good!) Everything works flawlessly and I commend the team on their work! Keep it up folks!
Please Please PLEASE
Please please please please PLEASE PLEASE pleasePLEASE PLEASEPLEASE make it an OPTION to turn off notifications in succession instead of simply not alerting users to activity after a different recent activity.
I really like the nest app and outdoor cam. A lot. That said, it's CRAZY to me that Nest chooses to NOT ALERT you to activity in one of your zones if it's within 30 minutes of a previous alert. What?!?! This is a security device! And since activities are already being tracked and documented in the Nest timeline, the functionality is already developed to provide the necessary alerts.
EASIEST FIX IN THE WORLD:
Make it an option for users to turn off successive alerts if they don't want them.
Currently, all Nest users are subjected to a critical security flaw because Nest has determined I don't want another alert too soon after I already got one. Well, guess what?
Let's say someone decides to trespass and break into my house 5 minutes after a raccoon caused me to be alerted to activity in one of my zones. So much for the Nest outdoor cam alerting me about the presence of this burglar/murderer/whatever! Nest has determined that it's just TOO SOON after an activity to alert me again!
They sell this functionality like its some sort of beneficial feature provided a great convenience.
Come on, Nest. You're better than this....
Great app and amazing product
I read various reviews about both the product and app and I am pleasantly surprised. I have had no issue with either the app or the thermostat and this is my 3rd year using it. My wife who was definitely skeptical is also thrilled. I really like the fact that I can remotely turn on the house when heading home from travel and have the house cool when I arrive. You also get monthly emails showing usage vs the prior month so you can make adjustments. The eco leaf allows to to see when you are getting the best cost savings and the app allows for easy adjustment of your cooking/heating schedule. Whether a novice or professional, this app makes managing the house temperature a breeze
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Lifestyle
- Updated: May 03, 2017
- Version: 5.11.2
- Size: 129 MB
- Apple Watch: Yes
- Languages: English, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Spanish
- Seller: Nest Labs, Inc
- © 2011-16 Nest Labs, Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.Apple TV: Yes