Nest - Your home in your hand
By Nest Labs
This app is only available on the App Store for iOS devices.
At Nest, we make products that are beautiful, thoughtful and easy to use. The Nest app is no exception.
Control your Nest Learning Thermostat, arm and disarm your Nest Secure alarm system, see your home with Nest Cam, and know if Nest Protect goes off – all in one place. And get notifications on your iPhone, iPad or Apple Watch.
Nest uses sensors, algorithms and the location of your phone to do the right thing automatically, turning off the heat and turning on the camera when you leave. Forgot to set the alarm? Nest notices and will send you a Remind Me alert. And everyone at home can get notifications and control the Nest products they need with their own Nest Account – no more sharing passwords.
Nest Learning Thermostat and Nest Thermostat E
Thermostats that program themselves to help you save energy.
- Adjust the temperature from the train or the sofa using your phone or Apple Watch.
- See how much energy you used and why. The more you know, the more you can save.
- View and edit your thermostat schedule or boost your domestic hot water.
- Get extreme temperature alerts before your home gets too cold.
- Earn Leafs when you choose a temperature that saves you energy.
Nest Secure alarm system
- Arm and disarm your home remotely from the app.
- Know who is coming and going with Family Account integration and event history.
- Receive a Remind Me alert if you left home and forget to set the alarm.
- Invite guests from the app, sending them an email invitation with unique passcodes with set visiting hours.
- Receive a security alert on your phone telling you what triggered the alarm- either a door or window opened or someone entered a room.
The smoke and carbon monoxide alarm that thinks, speaks and alerts your phone.
- Get an alert if Nest Protect senses smoke or carbon monoxide (CO). Or if the batteries are low. (Requires Wi-Fi and working internet connection)
- Silence an alarm from your phone with App Silence. (Nest Protect 2nd gen)
- See the status of your batteries, sensors and Wi-Fi connection.
- Run a Safety Checkup to test all your alarms at once – without using a chair or ladder. (Nest Protect 2nd gen)
- Get “What To Do” instructions during a smoke or CO event.
- See your Safety History so you know when alerts happened and why.
Nest Cam IQ, Nest Cam Indoor, Nest Cam Outdoor
The security cameras that let you see your home on your phone, inside and out.
- Set up your camera on your phone. Just plug it in and download the app to get started.
- Get alerts when there’s activity, and talk back to get someone’s attention.
- See what you missed with snapshots of the last three hours.
- Check in on home 24/7 in super clear 1080p HD (Nest Cam and Dropcam Pro only).
- Get person alerts (or familiar / unfamiliar face alerts with Nest Cam IQ) and up to 30 days of video history when you subscribe to Nest Aware. (Subscription service sold separately.)
Some features require a working internet connection, Wi-Fi and/or Bluetooth.
What's New in Version 5.16.2
Bug fixes and enhancements
Disappointed after last update
I started using this app in September as a monitor for my kid’s room. It worked so well monitoring throughout the night. I would leave the app on all night long to make sure I heard my little one cry throughout the night. I was impressed at how well the camera worked on my phone. Then in October there was an app. update, so of course I downloaded it. Well, that was a mistake. As usual, I left my nest app. on throughout the night & at some point it turned off. When I woke up, I freaked out because my app. was turned off. It stated that it could not connect to wi-fi. It had been connecting just fine for the past 6 hours & hasn’t moved an inch since. So I don’t understand why it disconnected. This has now happened about 6 times. One of the times, my child had been crying for at least 30 minutes if not an hour. I know this because the app. could still send me notifications...
Yet, the app. shut off because it could no longer connect to wi-fi. If it can’t connect, it should not be able to send me notifications. Hopefully this new update fixes this (fingers crossed) because I really think this is a great product when it works.
My nest thermostat runs too long in the heat mode (actually cool mode also) right now it’s in heating season mode, after warms house to desired feel good temperature , keeps running, TOO HOT, I check thermostat on my iPhone, it shows thermostat has not reached target temperature , so I tap to a lower setting account it’s too hot, when I do that it then Immediately corrects existing temperature to already has been met, ( or heat should of shut down ) in other words, it over slept or didn’t wake up to shut off when target temperature was reached ( heat still running ,still was showing one degree under target temperature , again, after I turn down manually, it then displays one degree higher where it should have been and should have shut off heat. calling them for help :( too often seems to me like takes too long for me to explain my problem as if they are trying to solve world hunger, instead of digging into my real...let’s fix my problem !
Horrible App, Horrible Product
I have had my nest product a little over a year and have hated every minute of it. It continuously disconnects from the internet and the app itself doesn’t always talk with the Nest across the house. Meaning I can’t just change the temp on my phone I have to walk across the house to adjust the temperature. What was the point of buying this item if 9/10 times I have to physically change it. I wish I could get a refund and have always felt that way but being as its out of the return window I know that won’t happen. This service is so bad my husband and I are done and have since reinstalled a tradition thermostat. Shame on you nest for advertising a service and product you just can’t provide. I really wish companies were held to a higher standard and could get in trouble for false advertising. Stay away from this product!!
- Category: Lifestyle
- Updated: Nov 14, 2017
- Version: 5.16.2
- Size: 254 MB
- Apple Watch: Yes
- Languages: English, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Spanish
- Seller: Nest Labs, Inc
- © 2011-16 Nest Labs, Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.Apple TV: Yes