Nest - Your home in your hand
By Nest Labs
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
At Nest, we make products that are beautiful, thoughtful and easy to use. The newly redesigned Nest app is no exception.
Control your Nest Learning Thermostat, see your home with Nest Cam and Dropcam, and know if Nest Protect goes off – all in one place. And get notifications on your iPhone, iPad or Apple Watch.
Nest uses sensors, algorithms and the location of your phone to do the right thing automatically, like turning off the heat and turning on the camera when you leave. And everyone at home can get notifications and control the Nest products they need with their own Nest Account – no more sharing passwords.
Nest Learning Thermostat
The thermostat that programs itself to help you save energy.
- Adjust the temperature from the train or the sofa using your phone or Apple Watch.
- See how much energy you used and why. The more you know, the more you can save.
- View and edit your thermostat schedule or boost your domestic hot water.
- Get extreme temperature alerts before your home gets too cold.
- Earn Leafs when you choose a temperature that saves you energy.
The smoke and carbon monoxide alarm that thinks, speaks and alerts your phone.
- Get an alert if Nest Protect senses smoke or carbon monoxide (CO). Or if the batteries are low. (Requires Wi-Fi and working internet connection)
- Silence an alarm from your phone with App Silence. (Nest Protect 2nd gen)
- See the status of your batteries, sensors and Wi-Fi connection.
- Run a Safety Checkup to test all your alarms at once – without using a chair or ladder. (Nest Protect 2nd gen)
- Get “What To Do” instructions during a smoke or CO event.
- See your Safety History so you know when alerts happened and why.
Nest Cam Indoor, Nest Cam Outdoor and Dropcam
The security cameras that let you see your home on your phone, inside and out.
- Set up your camera on your phone. Just plug it in and download the app to get started.
- Get alerts when there’s activity, and talk back to get someone’s attention.
- See what you missed with snapshots of the last three hours.
- Check in on home 24/7 in super clear 1080p HD (Nest Cam and Dropcam Pro only).
- Get person alerts and up to 30 days of video history when you subscribe to Nest Aware. (Subscription service sold separately.)
Some features require a working internet connection, Wi-Fi and/or Bluetooth.
What's New in Version 5.11.1
Bug fixes and enhancements.
Original pre-Google Dropcam App was Better
I never would have thought that an app could get worse and worse with every release as the years go by but the Nest team has managed to do that. This app has become a total train wreck since it became Nest.
The original Dropcam app had the ability to turn the cameras on and off based on home/away status. Getting this to work with the Nest app has been a constant frustration and it has gotten worse over time. I am constantly finding the cameras off when nobody is home and on when we are home. And now it has gotten so bad that I find the cameras on at home and they refuse to switch off. And for the rare times that the cameras actually turn on and off when they are supposed to, we get enlist notifications about activity and there is no way to adjust activity sensitivity.
At this point I wish Google would just abandon this entire mess and have the original Dropcam team get back together to repair the damage. This app is proof that pouring tens of millions of dollars into a project is not always the best approach.
Too many issues
This app worked great until recently. I used to be able to be taken to the app via the email notification video clip of any activity I chose. Now, I get taken to the website and anyone with an iPhone knows you can't use Adobe Flash Player. Now I have to go into the app and search for the clip. Also, playback is choppy and will either not load or freeze, especially after scrolling. When this app worked great, we decided to purchase a subscription. We liked t so much we bought a second camera and purchased an additional subscription for that one. However, paying $150 for less than par product service after knowing and using better product service seems very unethical. Please fix these issues.
Good stuff gone bad
I now have 2 Nest products, the battery operated Co2 + Smoke detector and wired... the app has some issues! Alarm went off; and I normally get a push notification; on my phone and on my Apple Watch. Well... not anymore! :( kind of alarming since I got these items to keep me updated if anything happens when I'm away... it switches from home to away and vice versa very well... but im worried about push notifications! I still love the products and I continue to look forward to purchasing additional Nest products. The smoke detectors work very well together; one goes off and so does the other one; friggin cool! The app is easy to use, but I wish it could provide some additional information with the smoke detector.
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Lifestyle
- Updated: Apr 19, 2017
- Version: 5.11.1
- Size: 129 MB
- Apple Watch: Yes
- Languages: English, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Spanish
- Seller: Nest Labs, Inc
- © 2011-15 Nest Labs, Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.Apple TV: Yes