Nest - Your home in your hand
By Nest Labs
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
At Nest, we make products that are beautiful, thoughtful and easy to use. Same goes for our newly redesigned Nest app.
Control your Nest Learning Thermostat, Nest Protect, Nest Cam and Dropcam all in one place. And get alerts on your iPhone or iPad.
Nest Learning Thermostat
The thermostat that programs itself to help you save energy.
- Adjust the temperature on your way home. Or from the couch.
- See how much energy you used and why. The more you know, the more you can save.
- View and edit your thermostat schedule.
- Get extreme temperature alerts before your pipes freeze or your pet overheats.
- Earn Leafs when you choose a temperature that saves you energy.
The smoke and carbon monoxide alarm that thinks, speaks, and alerts your phone.
- Get an alert if Nest Protect senses smoke or carbon monoxide. Or if the batteries are low. (Requires Wi-Fi and working Internet connection)
- Hush an alarm from your phone with App Silence. (Nest Protect 2nd gen)
- See the status of your batteries, sensors and Wi-Fi connection.
- Run a Safety Checkup to test all your alarms at once – without using a ladder. (Nest Protect 2nd gen)
- Get “What To Do” instructions during a smoke or CO event.
- See your Safety History so you know when alerts happened and why.
Nest Cam & Dropcam
The Wi-Fi video camera that lets you see your home on your phone.
- Set it up on your phone. It should only take a minute. Literally.
- Stream securely day or night. And see your home in super clear 1080p HD (Nest Cam only).
- Get alerts when there’s motion or sound while you’re away.
- Talk and listen through the Nest app. Hear the baby cry. Or tell your dog to get off the couch.
- Rewind to see what you missed when you subscribe to Nest Aware with Video History.
Some features require a working Internet connection, Wi-Fi and/or Bluetooth.
To learn more about our products, go to nest.com
What's New in Version 5.5.0
New for Nest Cam
- Controlling your alerts is better: if you want, only get motion or sound alerts when the family isn’t home
- We’ve made improvements to the Nest Aware experience
- There are some small bug fixes and enhancements
Having troubles with your Nest? Get help at http://nest.com/help. Unfortunately we can’t respond directly to App Store reviews.
Update.. Hangs and buggie, both iPhone and iPad apps
New Review (June 2016): After the June 6th Update, the thermostat management is never in Synch with the web version (meaning through my Mac using Safari). I create a schedule on the iPad... Then it vanishes. Then the house performs as if it does not have any programming. Recommendation... Only use the web to view videos or for managing the thermostats. The iPad and iPhone app are VERY unreliable.
Old Review, Still Accurate: Since Nest has taken over Dropcam the app has been VERY unreliable. Look closely at the reviews. More than half the people giving reviews do not give the app 5 stars. My problem is that I have many previous Dropcam cameras. As soon as I added a few new Nest cameras I had to switch to the Nest app. The app hangs on both my iPhone and my iPad. So when I get an alert about movement I am unable to see the video. Nest folks, please do some work on the software. Be nice to us folks that adopted you early as Dropcam. Your NEST app is slow and often does not even display video. All I get is a spinning icon.
A lot better
I previously reviewed the Nest and gave it one star due to all the issues I was having - primarily around wifi connection. Well, I must give credit where credit is due - things are A LOT better. I have not had wifi connection issues for a while and it works perfectly for my needs. It doesn't always "wake-up" when I walk pass it, nor does it adjust to my temperature preferences, but those are less important features for me. What does work is the ability to access the thermostat from my iPhone, which allows me to turn it on while I'm en route home so that my house is cool or cozy when I arrive. It has definitely helped me save money because my a/c isn't running while I'm not home. Thanks for listening to your customers' concerns and fixing the bugs in the app and the thermostat.
Solid thermostat but leaves a lot to be desired
So far having the Nest thermostat for last 6 months has been great on its promises. Can control via the app and have had only on one or two occasions seen service issues. Also have gotten about 20% in savings on the energy bill since installing the thermostat. Couple things that leave me wanting 1) there is no Apple Watch app, this seems simple enough to come out and would make it almost a perfect smart home device. 2) no HomeKit support, would love to be able to control the thermostat via Siri but seems since the Google acquisition probably never going to happen. If they add Apple Watch app and HomeKit support hands down perfect start to your smart home. Until then decent app and nice features.
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Lifestyle
- Updated: Jun 02, 2016
- Version: 5.5.0
- Size: 64.8 MB
- Languages: English, Dutch, French, Spanish
- Seller: Nest Labs, Inc
- © 2011-16 Nest Labs, Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.