By Nest Labs
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
At Nest, we make products that are beautiful, thoughtful and easy to use. Same goes for our newly redesigned Nest app.
Control your Nest Learning Thermostat, Nest Protect, Nest Cam and Dropcam all in one place. And get alerts on your iPhone or iPad.
Nest Learning Thermostat
The thermostat that programs itself to help you save energy.
- Adjust the temperature on your way home. Or from the couch.
- See how much energy you used and why. The more you know, the more you can save.
- View and edit your thermostat schedule.
- Get extreme temperature alerts before your pipes freeze or your pet overheats.
- Earn Leafs when you choose a temperature that saves you energy.
The smoke and carbon monoxide alarm that thinks, speaks, and alerts your phone.
- Get an alert if Nest Protect senses smoke or carbon monoxide. Or if the batteries are low. (Requires Wi-Fi and working Internet connection)
- Hush an alarm from your phone with App Silence. (Nest Protect 2nd gen)
- See the status of your batteries, sensors and Wi-Fi connection.
- Run a Safety Checkup to test all your alarms at once – without using a ladder. (Nest Protect 2nd gen)
- Get “What To Do” instructions during a smoke or CO event.
- See your Safety History so you know when alerts happened and why.
Nest Cam & Dropcam
The Wi-Fi video camera that lets you see your home on your phone.
- Set it up on your phone. It should only take a minute. Literally.
- Stream securely day or night. And see your home in super clear 1080p HD (Nest Cam only).
- Get alerts when there’s motion or sound while you’re away.
- Talk and listen through the Nest app. Hear the baby cry. Or tell your dog to get off the couch.
- Rewind to see what you missed when you subscribe to Nest Aware with Video History.
Some features require a working Internet connection, Wi-Fi and/or Bluetooth.
To learn more about our products, go to nest.com
What's New in Version 5.2.0
New for Nest Learning Thermostat
- Support added for new 3rd Gen Nest Thermostat in Europe
- Support added for hot water control in Europe
- Support added for Rush Hour Rewards in winter
New for Nest Cam
- Bug fixes to improve speed and stability
- Improvements to camera pairing experience
- Support added to create overnight schedules
Having troubles with your Nest? Get help at http://nest.com/help. Unfortunately we cannot respond to questions in your App Store reviews.
Nest - Can save you money...Maybe.
I bought the very first Nast and it lasted about 16 months, and then it got really hot to the touch to the point where it no longer would control the temperature. It would show the interior temperature add 98° in the winter. And the outside metal was always hot so I took off the nest and didn't use anything by this company for a year.
I finally bought the second generation nest which I've had installed now for about a month.. Works great and I like the fact that I can control the upper and lower temperature settings so nobody can go and turn it higher or lower. But overall it comes down to your own personal habits. I'm disabled so I'm home all day, if the nest sees me walking in front of it and learns that I'm home during the day and where is somebody home 24 hours you can't determine the proper energy saving setting. So to me it works like a high-priced thermostat. My discipline is what determines what my energy bill will be it's a simple as that the nest is no great savior. Signed upstate New York.
NEST thermostat is nice, but DON'T add Protect
The thermostat is a nice addition to our house and with the app it is really simple to control the temperature without having to be anywhere near it. That said, the Protect smoke alarms have been the worst nightmare I could have ever imagine. The smoke alarm in one of the guest bedrooms keeps going off randomly for no reason. We've already done diligent dusting on the detector on monthly basis and that room is not even in use; however it will go off in middle of the night or when we are out and the dogs crated, and to make things worse you get the notification on your phone which just makes you worry. My husband has reported it to the company several times and they won't do anything about it other than offer some advice on how to give it different types of maintenance. It would be nice if they would add a feature to turn it off remotely. We have really nice neighbors that have confirmed to us that there's no smoke coming out of the house and yet our dogs have to suffer through the whole thing because we can't turn it off remotely. Protect has added just another source of stress and frustration to my life.
Energy saving-- both mine and the planet's
I have six units. Four have Nest thermostats. Two are too far away to be controlled by wi-fi. One of the four units failed and had to be replaced, but the rep on the phone was patient and helpful, walking my HVAC rep through some issues. I have been able to lower my energy costs across the board and the ability to control thermostats remotely solves the comfort sacrifice on returning home. Scheduling features work fairly well, though some on-demand overrides are ignored. Auto-away seems to kick in unexplained. I like the self-healing and updating the units are able to do, though the time they spend intermittently offline can be frustrating. Motion control is a plus as long as the location of the thermostat is in a place we frequent. Lesser used areas can deliver imprecise results. An example is the one located in the library off of an en suite. The library may be one temp and the en suite, more likely occupied, is another temperature. It is in this situation the mobile phone control is well appreciated.
- Category: Lifestyle
- Updated: Nov 17, 2015
- Version: 5.2.0
- Size: 57.1 MB
- Languages: English, Dutch, French, Spanish
- Seller: Nest Labs, Inc
- © 2011-15 Nest Labs, Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.