Nest - Your home in your hand
By Nest Labs
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
At Nest, we make products that are beautiful, thoughtful and easy to use. The newly redesigned Nest app is no exception.
Control your Nest Learning Thermostat, see your home with Nest Cam and Dropcam, and know if Nest Protect goes off – all in one place. And get notifications on your iPhone, iPad or Apple Watch.
Nest uses sensors, algorithms and the location of your phone to do the right thing automatically, like turning off the heat and turning on the camera when you leave. And everyone at home can get notifications and control the Nest products they need with their own Nest Account – no more sharing passwords.
Nest Learning Thermostat
The thermostat that programs itself to help you save energy.
- Adjust the temperature from the train or the sofa using your phone or Apple Watch.
- See how much energy you used and why. The more you know, the more you can save.
- View and edit your thermostat schedule or boost your domestic hot water.
- Get extreme temperature alerts before your home gets too cold.
- Earn Leafs when you choose a temperature that saves you energy.
The smoke and carbon monoxide alarm that thinks, speaks and alerts your phone.
- Get an alert if Nest Protect senses smoke or carbon monoxide (CO). Or if the batteries are low. (Requires Wi-Fi and working internet connection)
- Silence an alarm from your phone with App Silence. (Nest Protect 2nd gen)
- See the status of your batteries, sensors and Wi-Fi connection.
- Run a Safety Checkup to test all your alarms at once – without using a chair or ladder. (Nest Protect 2nd gen)
- Get “What To Do” instructions during a smoke or CO event.
- See your Safety History so you know when alerts happened and why.
Nest Cam Indoor, Nest Cam Outdoor and Dropcam
The security cameras that let you see your home on your phone, inside and out.
- Set up your camera on your phone. Just plug it in and download the app to get started.
- Get alerts when there’s activity, and talk back to get someone’s attention.
- See what you missed with snapshots of the last three hours.
- Check in on home 24/7 in super clear 1080p HD (Nest Cam and Dropcam Pro only).
- Get person alerts and up to 30 days of video history when you subscribe to Nest Aware. (Subscription service sold separately.)
Some features require a working internet connection, Wi-Fi and/or Bluetooth.
What's New in Version 5.9.1
Bug fixes and enhancements.
Love it !!
Simple to use and makes life much easier ... allows me to control my AC or heating system from their cool modern console touch screen or from the convenience of my iPhone or iPad ..from home in bed or on the road or from work ...sometimes I'm sitting at work and I think to check if I left system on pointlessly while nobody is home and more then half the days in a month I did indeed leave system on by accident . Before this would cost me hundreds extra in utility bills each month ... thousands over the fiscal year . Well now it's simple and worry free... with Nest app I can turn the system off in a second with a couple touches on my iPhone or iPad screen . The other huge benefit is being able to start the system while on the way home so it's nice and cozy when you get there... all from anywhere in the world right from my phone the nest app makes my home a smart house KINGDOM
IOS Public camera support lacking
I'm a bit frustrated with this device. I can't believe no one actually thought people would want to view public nest cameras from a mobile device. I mean how difficult would it have been to create an app to allowed people to view public nest cameras from a mobile device this is like one of the main use cases for a nest camera. For example say you want to share your nest camera with friends and family and they're going to access it from a mobile device your only option is to give them access to your entire nest account and have them install the app on their phone. I will change my review to five stars after they create an app to view public nest cams on an iOS mobile device.
Able to watch from the office
I used the drop cam app before the cameras were purchased by Nest and it was adequate. The Nest app is a definite improvement and allows me to see both the camera view (or multiple views on the iPad version) as well as check in on my new Nest smoke detectors. Just purchased a second camera and look forward to the ease of setup and viewing.
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Lifestyle
- Updated: Nov 28, 2016
- Version: 5.9.1
- Size: 111 MB
- Apple Watch: Yes
- Languages: English, Dutch, French, Spanish
- Seller: Nest Labs, Inc
- © 2011-15 Nest Labs, Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.Apple TV: Yes