Nest - Your home in your hand
By Nest Labs
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
At Nest, we make products that are beautiful, thoughtful and easy to use. Same goes for our newly redesigned Nest app.
Control your Nest Learning Thermostat, Nest Protect, Nest Cam and Dropcam all in one place. And get alerts on your iPhone or iPad.
Nest Learning Thermostat
The thermostat that programs itself to help you save energy.
- Adjust the temperature on your way home. Or from the couch.
- See how much energy you used and why. The more you know, the more you can save.
- View and edit your thermostat schedule.
- Get extreme temperature alerts before your pipes freeze or your pet overheats.
- Earn Leafs when you choose a temperature that saves you energy.
The smoke and carbon monoxide alarm that thinks, speaks, and alerts your phone.
- Get an alert if Nest Protect senses smoke or carbon monoxide. Or if the batteries are low. (Requires Wi-Fi and working Internet connection)
- Hush an alarm from your phone with App Silence. (Nest Protect 2nd gen)
- See the status of your batteries, sensors and Wi-Fi connection.
- Run a Safety Checkup to test all your alarms at once – without using a ladder. (Nest Protect 2nd gen)
- Get “What To Do” instructions during a smoke or CO event.
- See your Safety History so you know when alerts happened and why.
Nest Cam & Dropcam
The Wi-Fi video camera that lets you see your home on your phone.
- Set it up on your phone. It should only take a minute. Literally.
- Stream securely day or night. And see your home in super clear 1080p HD (Nest Cam only).
- Get alerts when there’s motion or sound while you’re away.
- Talk and listen through the Nest app. Hear the baby cry. Or tell your dog to get off the couch.
- Rewind to see what you missed when you subscribe to Nest Aware with Video History.
Some features require a working Internet connection, Wi-Fi and/or Bluetooth.
To learn more about our products, go to nest.com
What's New in Version 5.6.0
We have several new camera features for you.
- Spaces groups your Nest products by room and lets you see all your cameras at once. And if you’re connected to Wi-Fi, shows you all of their live views.
- Share a password protected live view of your camera. Now grandma can see what the kids are up to at video.nest.com.
- 1080p support for Dropcam Pro.
- Automatic video quality adjustment helps make sure you get a continuous, clear picture.
We’ve also added support for Apple Watch. You can now control your Nest Thermostat from your wrist.
Having troubles with your Nest? Get help at http://nest.com/help. Unfortunately we can’t respond directly to App Store reviews.
SLOOOOOW Home/Away transitions
I have 6 Nest cameras. For the past 5 months, I have been trying to sort out their subscription settings with Nest. I've had to delete the cameras and the structure (my house) from my Nest account twice and rebuild them, and in the end I had to delete the entire account and rebuild it from scratch. Nothing worked. But at least (at least) the old app allowed me to turn the cameras on and off with the home/away feature. This new app allows me to see all the cameras at once, which is great, but the transition from Home to Away and back, that used to take just a few seconds, now sometimes takes a couple of minutes, but often takes more than 30 minutes (!!) Seriously Nest? Why would you take a feature that is so helpful and that used to work so well and break it? Nest is a mess, and Google better step in and clean it up before customers start giving up on their software - their hardware is good, but their software and backend systems and servers are terrible...
fix auto away / filter change setting
when I come home and turn the temp down, Nest keeps setting itself to autoaway after being home for a while. It's done it several times.
Adding vacation setting (away) would definitely make this app much better. I left home on vacation and set the thermostat to away. At night it set itself to the temperature it normally does when I'm home. I don't necessarily want to turn the AC off since it gets warm down south. So in order to prevent the house from become extremely warm while away I'd rather have it set to auto away without having to worry about it turning back on during night while away on vacation.
I don't know if there is a way to tell NEST the filter has been changed. I've looked through the entire app and nothing. You have to go directly to the thermostat to let it you the filter has been changed. This should be a simple step to do on the app.
Ugh what are they trying to do?
Another unacceptable set of cosmetic changes. They seem to be wasting their programmers on cosmetic features with zero or negative progress on matching the usability of the website or old dropcam app. Who designed this UI? Now, I can't really see more than 1.7 video feeds at once; the most important tool, the thermostat, is off screen; and there's a giant home icon that takes up 40% of the screen so I can set my system to "away" -- how often is that used vs. cameras and the thermostat? Why is isn't that at the bottom, or a smaller button that can be deprioritized?
So I disabled the new interface, and I'm left with a buggier version of the app vs. before this "upgrade".
It's like the just want to crank on the app, make UI changes for the sake of change, and ignore more efficient infrastructure and feature improvements. I honestly don't want to buy another device (camera or "protect") because the more devices you have thhr worse the UI experience.
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Lifestyle
- Updated: Jul 28, 2016
- Version: 5.6.0
- Size: 96.7 MB
- Apple Watch: Yes
- Languages: English, Dutch, French, Spanish
- Seller: Nest Labs, Inc
- © 2011-16 Nest Labs, Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.