By Nest Labs
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
At Nest, we make products that are beautiful, thoughtful and easy to use. Same goes for our newly redesigned Nest app.
Control your Nest Learning Thermostat, Nest Protect, Nest Cam and Dropcam all in one place. And get alerts on your iPhone or iPad.
Nest Learning Thermostat
The thermostat that programs itself to help you save energy.
- Adjust the temperature on your way home. Or from the couch.
- See how much energy you used and why. The more you know, the more you can save.
- View and edit your thermostat schedule.
- Get extreme temperature alerts before your pipes freeze or your pet overheats.
- Earn Leafs when you choose a temperature that saves you energy.
The smoke and carbon monoxide alarm that thinks, speaks, and alerts your phone.
- Get an alert if Nest Protect senses smoke or carbon monoxide. Or if the batteries are low. (Requires Wi-Fi and working Internet connection)
- Hush an alarm from your phone with App Silence. (Nest Protect 2nd gen)
- See the status of your batteries, sensors and Wi-Fi connection.
- Run a Safety Checkup to test all your alarms at once – without using a ladder. (Nest Protect 2nd gen)
- Get “What To Do” instructions during a smoke or CO event.
- See your Safety History so you know when alerts happened and why.
Nest Cam & Dropcam
The Wi-Fi video camera that lets you see your home on your phone.
- Set it up on your phone. It should only take a minute. Literally.
- Stream securely day or night. And see your home in super clear 1080p HD (Nest Cam only).
- Get alerts when there’s motion or sound while you’re away.
- Talk and listen through the Nest app. Hear the baby cry. Or tell your dog to get off the couch.
- Rewind to see what you missed when you subscribe to Nest Aware with Video History.
Some features require a working Internet connection, Wi-Fi and/or Bluetooth.
To learn more about our products, go to nest.com
What's New in Version 5.2.2
Bug fixes and enhancements
Works well but could use improvements
First off, I have a Lutron Smart Hub as I started my Automation home project with lights first. All is well and continues to be so.
Next step in Home Automation, smoke and co2 detections. After much research, I went with Nest and took a chance purchasing 2 (second gen.) and they too installed perfectly and was a very smart addition. They have performed perfectly since day one. I like the tests, reports and the voice monitoring with locations of identity.
Now, for some improvement suggestions:
(1) can you write the software to allow the home owner specific day & time for the monthly test? Would make it only better!
(2) can you provide or suggest a way the home owner can/could prove that the product will in fact work when there really is a fire or co2 problem (or should I believe it because you say it will). The unit during the test as you currently have it only says it's working - but my wife would like "visual proof" and not by me setting an actual section of the house on fire.
Poor camera live streaming
Bug with the iOS app means 9 times out of 10 all I see when I select a camera to view a live stream is a black screen with 5 sec worth of swirling blue circle. I must exit the camera back to the home landing page and select the camera again and again and again until it finally connects to the live stream. The little thumbnail image for each camera is updating on the home landing page and the history snapshots seem to work okay (although you must use safari browser desktop site to view all video history). This is a known bug with the iOS app itself as the camera continues to stream all data to nest aware servers and seems to playback fine on my MacBook. Problem with iOS app happens regardless of wifi or LTE signal strength. Many other complaints on nest support forum going back 6+ months. Super annoying.
Also video quality is horrendous. No way this is 1080p (despite setting camera to 1080p) even with optimal daytime lighting. At night with IR sensors image quality is 240p at best. Truly terrible.
V5.2.2 killed Internet connection on locked unit
Nest was working fine and connecting online, but now with v5.2.2 it is no more. My app shows as its heating all the time, regardless if I turn down the temp or if I turn off. The unit works fine manually, but not on app. This was working fine earlier and the only thing that has changed is the app update.
I first noticed when I was turning up heat and there was no change, so I check on nest and it stated date and time were incorrect. Currently it's Thursday 07Jan16 @ 2228 and nest states Friday 31Dec99 @ 0543 and also states internet disconnected. Internet isn't disconnected as I was just watching Netflix with no issues and have plenty of bandwidth for all of my devices.
If you miss the option to change the date and time, press and hold the top button where it says nest for about 8 seconds and it will reboot or go into settings. I have my settings locked and had to reboot for message. Bad thing is when I reboot, I can get to the area to change date and time, but I can only change the month. When I click for next field for date, it asks for password and when I enter it only stays in the area for the month.
I cannot unlock nest via app on phone or on PC because it will not connect to Internet because of time/date issue. I take it that there will be several people that this will happen to and have yet to notice since update came out today.
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Lifestyle
- Updated: Jan 07, 2016
- Version: 5.2.2
- Size: 57.1 MB
- Languages: English, Dutch, French, Spanish
- Seller: Nest Labs, Inc
- © 2011-15 Nest Labs, Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.