Nest - Your home in your hand
By Nest Labs
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
At Nest, we make products that are beautiful, thoughtful and easy to use. The newly redesigned Nest app is no exception.
Control your Nest Learning Thermostat, see your home with Nest Cam and Dropcam, and know if Nest Protect goes off – all in one place. And get notifications on your iPhone, iPad or Apple Watch.
Nest uses sensors, algorithms and the location of your phone to do the right thing automatically, like turning off the heat and turning on the camera when you leave. And everyone at home can get notifications and control the Nest products they need with their own Nest Account – no more sharing passwords.
Nest Learning Thermostat
The thermostat that programs itself to help you save energy.
- Adjust the temperature from the train or the sofa using your phone or Apple Watch.
- See how much energy you used and why. The more you know, the more you can save.
- View and edit your thermostat schedule or boost your domestic hot water.
- Get extreme temperature alerts before your home gets too cold.
- Earn Leafs when you choose a temperature that saves you energy.
The smoke and carbon monoxide alarm that thinks, speaks and alerts your phone.
- Get an alert if Nest Protect senses smoke or carbon monoxide (CO). Or if the batteries are low. (Requires Wi-Fi and working internet connection)
- Silence an alarm from your phone with App Silence. (Nest Protect 2nd gen)
- See the status of your batteries, sensors and Wi-Fi connection.
- Run a Safety Checkup to test all your alarms at once – without using a chair or ladder. (Nest Protect 2nd gen)
- Get “What To Do” instructions during a smoke or CO event.
- See your Safety History so you know when alerts happened and why.
Nest Cam Indoor, Nest Cam Outdoor and Dropcam
The security cameras that let you see your home on your phone, inside and out.
- Set up your camera on your phone. Just plug it in and download the app to get started.
- Get alerts when there’s activity, and talk back to get someone’s attention.
- See what you missed with snapshots of the last three hours.
- Check in on home 24/7 in super clear 1080p HD (Nest Cam and Dropcam Pro only).
- Get person alerts and up to 30 days of video history when you subscribe to Nest Aware. (Subscription service sold separately.)
Some features require a working internet connection, Wi-Fi and/or Bluetooth.
What's New in Version 5.10.0
Feel more secure about critical events at your door— by being alerted when people enter and leave your house. For Nest Aware subscribers, Nest Cam vision algorithms now detects doors and entryways in a camera's frame and automatically creates a new Activity Zone, allowing for more relevant alerts in areas that are most important to you.
Have Nest Protect and Nest Cam? Now you can know what’s happening when a Nest Protect alert occurs by seeing your Nest Cam video feeds directly in the alert, and provides you with suggested actions to resolve the issue.
Now it’s easy to view a specific day of your stored Nest Cam video history. Simply tap the date’ below the camera feed window. A 10 or 30 day calendar picker will be revealed from the bottom of the screen. Choose the date you would like to view and Sightline will automatically scroll to that day’s recorded history.
Dropcam app is much better. Reason I had to start using nest app is because I purchased a third camera and dropcam doesn't allow adding a third cam and requests you to use nest app. Nest app is constantly freezing on you and doesn't capture as many movement as it should. You try to rewind to see a portion of the video footage and it skips over the portion that it should have captured (in my case my rabbit jumping over the baracade i set up). I wouldn't have know she done that if my boyfriend hadn't seen it himself. Also, you try to rewind and a lot of the times it doesn't play footage where you rewinded too. It freezes! Apparently, Nest bought out dropcam and that is why they have not been updating dropcam app which I liked. Granted it did have some issues but the issues compared to this app is not comparable. Please make your app better.. I spent so much money for 3 cameras and cannot view the footage as well as the previous dropcam app. This is BS!!!!!!!
Flaky - keep an eye on the schedule
I have had two nest thermostats in my house for over a year. They have worked well, except for maintaining their schedules on this app. Without reason or warning, I have had the schedule on one or both disappear multiple times. Very frustrating to wake up at 6 in the morning to find that the heat has been on all night.
This week I replaced the router for our WIFI. The nest fell if the WIFI as I renamed it on the router. No problem, I successfully gave the thermostat the correct new WIFI name and they reconnected. The next morning I discovered the schedules again were missing and the home had been set to somewhere three time zones away.
Flaky. Running this on an iPhone 6 with automatic updates on.
I think that this application is a fantastic one to help you control the temperature of your house from a remote location. My one problem is that it is constantly tracking my location and eating up my battery on my iPhone. I would like to have an option for it to only track my location while I am using the application. I get why it tracks my location so we can turn it down when I am not at home but I would still like the option for it to only track my location while using the application.
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Lifestyle
- Updated: Feb 14, 2017
- Version: 5.10.0
- Size: 99.4 MB
- Apple Watch: Yes
- Languages: English, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Spanish
- Seller: Nest Labs, Inc
- © 2011-15 Nest Labs, Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.Apple TV: Yes