By Nest Labs
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
At Nest, we make products that are beautiful, thoughtful and easy to use. Same goes for our newly redesigned Nest app.
Control your Nest Learning Thermostat, Nest Protect, Nest Cam and Dropcam all in one place. And get alerts on your iPhone or iPad.
Nest Learning Thermostat
The thermostat that programs itself to help you save energy.
- Adjust the temperature on your way home. Or from the couch.
- See how much energy you used and why. The more you know, the more you can save.
- View and edit your thermostat schedule.
- Get extreme temperature alerts before your pipes freeze or your pet overheats.
- Earn Leafs when you choose a temperature that saves you energy.
The smoke and carbon monoxide alarm that thinks, speaks, and alerts your phone.
- Get an alert if Nest Protect senses smoke or carbon monoxide. Or if the batteries are low. (Requires Wi-Fi and working Internet connection)
- Hush an alarm from your phone with App Silence. (Nest Protect 2nd gen)
- See the status of your batteries, sensors and Wi-Fi connection.
- Run a Safety Checkup to test all your alarms at once – without using a ladder. (Nest Protect 2nd gen)
- Get “What To Do” instructions during a smoke or CO event.
- See your Safety History so you know when alerts happened and why.
Nest Cam & Dropcam
The Wi-Fi video camera that lets you see your home on your phone.
- Set it up on your phone. It should only take a minute. Literally.
- Stream securely day or night. And see your home in super clear 1080p HD (Nest Cam only).
- Get alerts when there’s motion or sound while you’re away.
- Talk and listen through the Nest app. Hear the baby cry. Or tell your dog to get off the couch.
- Rewind to see what you missed when you subscribe to Nest Aware with Video History.
Some features require a working Internet connection, Wi-Fi and/or Bluetooth.
To learn more about our products, go to nest.com
What's New in Version 5.1.2
Added support for deep linking from 3rd party apps into Nest Cam and Dropcam user interfaces.
Having troubles with your Nest? Get help at http://nest.com/help. Unfortunately we cannot respond to questions in your App Store reviews.
Unified app is a good idea, needs a lot more work.
Update with latest release, no fixes to the below, and lots of new bugs. Constant crashing. Absolutely terrible app. I'm sorry to have invested to heavily into this platform.
Additional info, I purchased a Nest Cam, which doesn't work with the Dropcam app, meaning we will all be forced to use this new app.
I have 2 Nests, 3 Dropcams, and 2 Nest Protects. So I should be the perfect target for a unified platform, and the unification is a step in the right direction in a number of ways. Unfortunately, there are some deal-breakers, even outside of the general unresponsiveness and bugs (more or less normal in a new release).
The worst issue is that leaving a Dropcam stream up in the new app BURNS through battery. In fact, sitting on my nightstand, plugged in, the Nest app draws more power than my iPhone charger can supply. I use Dropcam as a baby monitor and half way through the night my phone was burning up and had drained half my battery, while plugged in!!! The Dropcam app doesn't do this, so we'll continue to use it. If this isn't fixed and the Dropcam app is discontinued, we'll been unable to use the Dropcams for the purpose we purchased them!
And please please please add background audio support so I can leave the baby monitor audio up without leaving my phone unlocked and the video stream running.
Do yourself a favor and avoid Nest products for now
Update - finally got in touch with tech support, they're aware of issue and said nothing they can do... Meanwhile launch new products and leave users behind with a defective product - don't walk, RUN the other way from this company. They clearly have bad leadership with no idea how to sell consumer products. They should stick to search engines.
Everything was fine until they updated the app and the associated firmware on the thermostat now the thermostats are always offline and no technical support available to help (unless you're willing to spend an hour on hold). For a premium priced product they've really missed the boat here. Other more reputable companies in this space have emerged, do yourself a favor and avoid Nest.
Hate hate hate the combined app
Used to love the Nest app. Opening it and bumping the temp used to take just a second.
Now it has to load my Dropcam on the fist page before letting the UI become responsive --- so frustrating! It takes several times as long as it used to, to do the most common action. (Bumping the temp)
I'd rather they be two separate apps, as there currently doesn't seem to be any real reason to have them together... But if you MUST have them combined, please redo so that the initial screen loads immediately and then lets me go to the "thermostat" screen without loading any camera junk.
- Category: Lifestyle
- Updated: Oct 02, 2015
- Version: 5.1.2
- Size: 73.9 MB
- Languages: English, Dutch, French, Spanish, Vietnamese
- Seller: Nest Labs, Inc
- © 2011-15 Nest Labs, Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.