At Nest, we make products that are beautiful, thoughtful and easy to use. The Nest app is no exception.
Control your Nest Learning Thermostat, arm and disarm your Nest Secure alarm system, see your home with Nest Cam, and know if Nest Protect goes off – all in one place. And get notifications on your iPhone, iPad.
Nest uses sensors, algorithms and the location of your phone to do the right thing automatically, turning off the heat and turning on the camera when you leave. Forgot to set the alarm? Nest notices and will send you a Remind Me alert. And everyone at home can get notifications and control the Nest products they need with their own Nest Account – no more sharing passwords.
Nest Learning Thermostat and Nest Thermostat E
Thermostats that program themselves to help you save energy.
- Change the temperature from the subway or the sofa using your phone.
- See how much energy you used and why.
- View and edit your schedule or boost your domestic hot water.
- Get extreme temperature alerts before your home gets too cold.
- Earn Leafs when you choose a temperature that saves you energy.
Nest Secure alarm system
- Arm and disarm your home remotely from the app.
- Know who is coming and going with Family Accounts and event history.
- Receive a Remind Me alert if you left home and forgot to set the alarm.
- Invite guests from the app, sending them an email invitation with unique passcodes with set visiting hours.
- Receive a security alert on your phone telling you what triggered the alarm- either a door or window opened or someone entered a room.
The smoke and carbon monoxide alarm that thinks, speaks and alerts your phone.
- Get an alert if Nest Protect senses smoke or carbon monoxide (CO).(Requires Wi-Fi and working internet connection)
- Silence an alarm from your phone with App Silence.(Nest Protect 2nd gen)
- See the status of your batteries, sensors and Wi-Fi connection.
- Run a Safety Checkup to test all your alarms at once. (Nest Protect 2nd gen)
- Get “What To Do” instructions during a smoke or CO event.
- See your Safety History so you know when alerts happened and why.
Nest Cam IQ, Nest Cam Indoor, Nest Cam Outdoor
The security cameras that let you see your home on your phone, inside and out.
- Get alerts when there’s activity, and talk back to get someone’s attention.
- See what you missed with snapshots of the last three hours.
- Check in 24/7 with crisp 1080p HD (Nest Cam and Dropcam Pro only).
- Get person alerts (or familiar / unfamiliar face alerts with Nest Cam IQ) and up to 30 days of video history when you subscribe to Nest Aware. (Subscription service sold separately.)
Know who’s knocking.
- Never miss a moment with 24/7 video streaming.
- Designed to show you everything at your doorstep – people head to toe or packages on the ground.
- Nest Hello can tell the difference between a person and a thing.
- Get notified about a visitor even if they don’t ring the bell.
- HD Talk and Listen enables you to naturally talk with someone at your door.
- When you can’t answer the door, quick responses let you reply to visitors with pre recorded audio messages.
Nest x Yale Lock
The lock for a more secure Nest home.
- Set up Family Accounts so everyone can unlock the door with the Nest app.
- Instead of keys, assign a passcode to people you trust in the Nest app.
- When someone locks or unlocks the door, the Nest app can send an alert.
- Turn on Home/Away Assist and Auto-Lock, your door can lock itself when you leave.
Some features require a working internet connection, Wi-Fi and/or Bluetooth.
Bug fixes and enhancements.
Ratings and Reviews
Another review after 2+ years.
This system is a life saver, I live alone and I’m a long haul trucker. Bought the nest thermostat after I left home for over two weeks and left my ac on in July. My bill was ridiculous. I wish they would do a real revamp on the program. I turned off location because I couldn’t walk in my backyard without it turning my air off even though I have WiFi the whole time. I’d give it five stars if it weren’t for that and it keeps changing my temperature setting for some reason. I just seen it was set at 72 even though I never set it for 72 after checking it when I felt hot and I have a wood stove burning hot in the basement. The highest I ever set the temp in winter is 70. Can’t understand why it does that. I hope someone sees this review and figured something out. I update it every time I see an update for it. I check it periodically when I’m one the road and sometimes it’s on.
Has A Few Hicups
Overall I like it especially being able to control it from my phone no matter where I am. Have had a few glitches with it acting like a mind of its own. One thing I don’t like is if I go sit somewhere in the house for more than a hour, it goes into economy mode because I haven’t walked by the thermostat and then I find myself getting cold. I also found that in the away mode, it’s goes so far down in temp I come home after a few days to a couple cold cats. So I had to take it off economy and just use the schedule only.
Sounds like they are trying to add to many systems like alarms and lights to it and it’s ruining the original purpose of Nest which is mobile temperature control. I won’t be updating as it looks like this is compromising the program.
Home/away function never works
The Nest thermostat either never or very seldom will detect when you (your phone) leave the house and subsequently will not lower the temperature when no one is home. This is the whole idea behind a “smart” thermostat, and without this function you may as well buy a much cheaper conventional programmable thermostat. I have to open the app and manually switch to “Away” mode, it will not do it on its own. Nest support is absolutely no help, their only solution is to restart the thermostat or reload the app on your phone and it does not work. Search “Nest will not detect phone leaving” or something similar and you will see loads of other people with this problem and none of them getting any help from Nest to fix it. It is not an issue of you having the settings wrong, it is a basic programming issue that they won’t fix.
- Nest Labs, Inc
- 396.4 MB
Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. Apple TV.
English, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Spanish
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2011-18 Nest Labs, Inc.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.