At Nest, we make products that are beautiful, thoughtful and easy to use. The Nest app is no exception.
Control your Nest Learning Thermostat, arm and disarm your Nest Secure alarm system, see your home with Nest Cam, and know if Nest Protect goes off – all in one place. And get notifications on your iPhone, iPad.
Nest uses sensors, algorithms and the location of your phone to do the right thing automatically, turning off the heat and turning on the camera when you leave. Forgot to set the alarm? Nest notices and will send you a Remind Me alert. And everyone at home can get notifications and control the Nest products they need with their own Nest Account – no more sharing passwords.
Nest Learning Thermostat and Nest Thermostat E
Thermostats that program themselves to help you save energy.
- Change the temperature from the subway or the sofa using your phone.
- See how much energy you used and why.
- View and edit your schedule or boost your domestic hot water.
- Get extreme temperature alerts before your home gets too cold.
- Earn Leafs when you choose a temperature that saves you energy.
Nest Secure alarm system
- Arm and disarm your home remotely from the app.
- Know who is coming and going with Family Accounts and event history.
- Receive a Remind Me alert if you left home and forgot to set the alarm.
- Invite guests from the app, sending them an email invitation with unique passcodes with set visiting hours.
- Receive a security alert on your phone telling you what triggered the alarm- either a door or window opened or someone entered a room.
The smoke and carbon monoxide alarm that thinks, speaks and alerts your phone.
- Get an alert if Nest Protect senses smoke or carbon monoxide (CO).(Requires Wi-Fi and working internet connection)
- Silence an alarm from your phone with App Silence.(Nest Protect 2nd gen)
- See the status of your batteries, sensors and Wi-Fi connection.
- Run a Safety Checkup to test all your alarms at once. (Nest Protect 2nd gen)
- Get “What To Do” instructions during a smoke or CO event.
- See your Safety History so you know when alerts happened and why.
Nest Cam IQ, Nest Cam Indoor, Nest Cam Outdoor
The security cameras that let you see your home on your phone, inside and out.
- Get alerts when there’s activity, and talk back to get someone’s attention.
- See what you missed with snapshots of the last three hours.
- Check in 24/7 with crisp 1080p HD (Nest Cam and Dropcam Pro only).
- Get person alerts (or familiar / unfamiliar face alerts with Nest Cam IQ) and up to 30 days of video history when you subscribe to Nest Aware. (Subscription service sold separately.)
Know who’s knocking.
- Never miss a moment with 24/7 video streaming.
- Designed to show you everything at your doorstep – people head to toe or packages on the ground.
- Nest Hello can tell the difference between a person and a thing.
- Get notified about a visitor even if they don’t ring the bell.
- HD Talk and Listen enables you to naturally talk with someone at your door.
- When you can’t answer the door, quick responses let you reply to visitors with pre recorded audio messages.
Nest x Yale Lock
The lock for a more secure Nest home.
- Set up Family Accounts so everyone can unlock the door with the Nest app.
- Instead of keys, assign a passcode to people you trust in the Nest app.
- When someone locks or unlocks the door, the Nest app can send an alert.
- Turn on Home/Away Assist and Auto-Lock, your door can lock itself when you leave.
Some features require a working internet connection, Wi-Fi and/or Bluetooth.
Fixed an issue where video playback was skipping for some users.
Ratings and Reviews
It’s almost perfect, but I do love it!
I recently got the Nest Security pack from T-Mobile that comes with an indoor cam, 2 nest detects, the Nest Guard, and 2 nfc tags. We genuinely appreciate what Nest has done with the system and app, especially how the Nest Detects work as motion sensitive nightlights! Our only wish and ask from the team is we would really like to see an alert feature from the nest detects in the app when any door is opened. We’ve tried a few different security systems over the years and they all had an option to turn on push notifications for door openings, and they could be customized to function wether the alarm is on or disarmed. This served extremely useful when our toddler found a way to Houdini his way out of the back door, where as with the current Nest app I would only get an alert 30-60 seconds after the door is opened when the alarm sounds. For some reason I also don’t get notifications when someone comes home and disarms the system with their pin, and I cannot locate a setting for this option either :-(. Otherwise everything works great!!!
Needs more work
Nest is a nice idea and nice product but the software execution needs a lot more work. I don't like the 'learning' feature, had it on for a while, temps were all over, then when i looked at the schedule it had created it was clear why. I wiped it and started clean with learning off. There are too many fancy features like sunblock, cool to dry, early on, airwave, leaf, time to temp, eco, that either don't add any value or don't work. I'm an Engineer and the vague descriptions of these features along with unintuitive interfaces make it difficult to work with them. On the main thermostat app page why o why can you not replicate the 0.25 degree granularity as on the thermostat itself? One full degree is the difference between life and death in a nest home. Also the fan functionality from the thermostat page is weak. The ability to run the fan for the next X minutes adds no value to an intelligent house, unless you just burnt the toast. Schedule. You need to do some out of box testing with new users in their homes over several weeks to see the struggles you have created and not yet solved.
The worst app ever to be able to use
I have been use Nest for several years and was proud to be its user since Nest was used to provide high quality products including good cameras and reliable app. However, the app is really bad maintained since about a year ago. It either could not function as it suppose to or crashes every 10 min when I use it for the surveillance camera. Today, I want to turn on the camera at home while I’m in my office, the app just keep telling me that something is wrong please retry. This situation has happened so many times in the past one year! This is a really bad user experience because it could not even work! Could any one in the development team pay attention to the compatibility or bug that you made every once while?
The only reason that I am still using Nest surveillance system is because the high quality of the camera itself. But I’m starting buying other surveillance systems for just a reliable function. An ok camera is still better than a not-working camera!
- Nest Labs, Inc
- 354.1 MB
- Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. Apple TV.
- English, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Spanish
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2011-18 Nest Labs, Inc.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.