Nest - Your home in your hand
By Nest Labs
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
At Nest, we make products that are beautiful, thoughtful and easy to use. The newly redesigned Nest app is no exception.
Control your Nest Learning Thermostat, see your home with Nest Cam and Dropcam, and know if Nest Protect goes off – all in one place. And get notifications on your iPhone, iPad or Apple Watch.
Nest uses sensors, algorithms and the location of your phone to do the right thing automatically, like turning off the heat and turning on the camera when you leave. And everyone at home can get notifications and control the Nest products they need with their own Nest Account – no more sharing passwords.
Nest Learning Thermostat
The thermostat that programs itself to help you save energy.
- Adjust the temperature from the train or the sofa using your phone or Apple Watch.
- See how much energy you used and why. The more you know, the more you can save.
- View and edit your thermostat schedule or boost your domestic hot water.
- Get extreme temperature alerts before your home gets too cold.
- Earn Leafs when you choose a temperature that saves you energy.
The smoke and carbon monoxide alarm that thinks, speaks and alerts your phone.
- Get an alert if Nest Protect senses smoke or carbon monoxide (CO). Or if the batteries are low. (Requires Wi-Fi and working internet connection)
- Silence an alarm from your phone with App Silence. (Nest Protect 2nd gen)
- See the status of your batteries, sensors and Wi-Fi connection.
- Run a Safety Checkup to test all your alarms at once – without using a chair or ladder. (Nest Protect 2nd gen)
- Get “What To Do” instructions during a smoke or CO event.
- See your Safety History so you know when alerts happened and why.
Nest Cam Indoor, Nest Cam Outdoor and Dropcam
The security cameras that let you see your home on your phone, inside and out.
- Set up your camera on your phone. Just plug it in and download the app to get started.
- Get alerts when there’s activity, and talk back to get someone’s attention.
- See what you missed with snapshots of the last three hours.
- Check in on home 24/7 in super clear 1080p HD (Nest Cam and Dropcam Pro only).
- Get person alerts and up to 30 days of video history when you subscribe to Nest Aware. (Subscription service sold separately.)
Some features require a working internet connection, Wi-Fi and/or Bluetooth.
What's New in Version 5.9.2
Bug fixes and enhancements
Used to work
I purchased 3 nest cameras , and set them up which was very simple, and app work fine especially since i got the 30 day free nestware trial.I was able to see my recording on my iphone or ipad very simple i could rewind up to 30 days. Then my free nestware trial ended, i knew that not having the nestware subscription would only get me about 3 hours of past recording for each of my cameras which i could rewind and see. I dont know if nest does it on purpose but what used to be a great experience and even showed off to family and friends , while i was away from home i could see live and rewind up to 3 hours of recording for free. Now it does not work I have 300mbps of internet speed maybe dropping off to about 150 mbps but i believe internet speed isnt a issue , i believe nest intentionally lowers the quality of service they provide unless you become a paying member of their nestware subscription. My intentions after my 30 day free trial was to subscribe to nestware but now it makes me pause if i really want to give money to a company which unless you pay them something wont give you what they promised for free.
I loved my Nest cam as a baby monitor and the old software. Recently they "upgraded" the software and in the process made it completely useless. Previously you could view the camera image full screen in portrait view, how most people use their phone 99% of the time. You could zoom in and out, and it would remember the zoom. Now, you get a tiny horizontal box to view the camera and over 2/3 of the screen is blank space with an ad to sign up for their snapshot feature in case I want to see my baby sleeping yesterday instead of why he's screaming right now. Very bad update. They just tried to fix it by having a down arrow you can tap to view NEARLY full screen, but A) it just zooms in on the same tiny image instead of seeing the whole room and B) it only stays on screen for a few seconds before completely disappearing. So then my baby monitor shows absolutely nothing but the ads for services I don't want on the device I already paid for. We're shopping for new software or a new camera. Completely tone deaf about why people buy this.
"That's a known problem."
2+ weeks of dealing with Nest senior level support has left me beyond frustrated.
I'm getting notifications for activity when I'm home despite "only when no one's home" being enabled in settings.
After jumping through a ton of troubleshooting hoops and ultimately creating an entire new Nest account, the problem persists.
Got a final phone call today after the "engineers reviewed my case" and senior support passed along the word from up top that the engineers say I need to have location services on for my issue to be resolved (which does not have anything to do with my problem as I've described it countless times).
After explaining (for the 10th time) that I have the problem with location services both on and off, he proceeded to tell me that "it's a known issue and they're working on it."
I bought several of these expensive cameras for several reason but notification support was a huge one, and now I've been asked to "keep an eye on updates" for an indeterminate time to see if it is fixed. (Also found out after buying them that notifications only show up ONCE every 30-minute interval for each camera, which is totally unacceptable.)
Except for this frustrating experience, the iOS and web apps are pretty good. But that does not ameliorate all of the other issues here and I refuse to rate the app more than one star until this is fixed. Will update this review if something changes.
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Lifestyle
- Updated: Dec 06, 2016
- Version: 5.9.2
- Size: 111 MB
- Apple Watch: Yes
- Languages: English, Dutch, French, Spanish
- Seller: Nest Labs, Inc
- © 2011-15 Nest Labs, Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.Apple TV: Yes