Nest - Your home in your hand
By Nest Labs
This app is only available on the App Store for iOS devices.
At Nest, we make products that are beautiful, thoughtful and easy to use. The Nest app is no exception.
Control your Nest Learning Thermostat, arm and disarm your Nest Secure alarm system, see your home with Nest Cam, and know if Nest Protect goes off – all in one place. And get notifications on your iPhone, iPad or Apple Watch.
Nest uses sensors, algorithms and the location of your phone to do the right thing automatically, turning off the heat and turning on the camera when you leave. Forgot to set the alarm? Nest notices and will send you a Remind Me alert. And everyone at home can get notifications and control the Nest products they need with their own Nest Account – no more sharing passwords.
Nest Learning Thermostat and Nest Thermostat E
Thermostats that program themselves to help you save energy.
- Adjust the temperature from the train or the sofa using your phone or Apple Watch.
- See how much energy you used and why. The more you know, the more you can save.
- View and edit your thermostat schedule or boost your domestic hot water.
- Get extreme temperature alerts before your home gets too cold.
- Earn Leafs when you choose a temperature that saves you energy.
Nest Secure alarm system
- Arm and disarm your home remotely from the app.
- Know who is coming and going with Family Account integration and event history.
- Receive a Remind Me alert if you left home and forget to set the alarm.
- Invite guests from the app, sending them an email invitation with unique passcodes with set visiting hours.
- Receive a security alert on your phone telling you what triggered the alarm- either a door or window opened or someone entered a room.
The smoke and carbon monoxide alarm that thinks, speaks and alerts your phone.
- Get an alert if Nest Protect senses smoke or carbon monoxide (CO). Or if the batteries are low. (Requires Wi-Fi and working internet connection)
- Silence an alarm from your phone with App Silence. (Nest Protect 2nd gen)
- See the status of your batteries, sensors and Wi-Fi connection.
- Run a Safety Checkup to test all your alarms at once – without using a chair or ladder. (Nest Protect 2nd gen)
- Get “What To Do” instructions during a smoke or CO event.
- See your Safety History so you know when alerts happened and why.
Nest Cam IQ, Nest Cam Indoor, Nest Cam Outdoor
The security cameras that let you see your home on your phone, inside and out.
- Set up your camera on your phone. Just plug it in and download the app to get started.
- Get alerts when there’s activity, and talk back to get someone’s attention.
- See what you missed with snapshots of the last three hours.
- Check in on home 24/7 in super clear 1080p HD (Nest Cam and Dropcam Pro only).
- Get person alerts (or familiar / unfamiliar face alerts with Nest Cam IQ) and up to 30 days of video history when you subscribe to Nest Aware. (Subscription service sold separately.)
Some features require a working internet connection, Wi-Fi and/or Bluetooth.
What's New in Version 5.17.1
Bug fixes and enhancements.
Not convenient, nor efficient
I’ve had the Nest app for about a year and a half now and I’ve been very disappointed. I have a total of four cameras and have just recently added a thermostat and the camera and the quality is great, it’s just mainly the app that has issues. The live feed freezes all the time and I have to force quit the app almost every time I get onto it. Another thing is that the automatic night shift feature hardly ever works correctly so I have to manually turn it off and on everyday, which I don’t mind doing but I do not expect that from a $200 security camera. Another thing that is very aggravating is that the iPhone X has been out since November 3rd and it is now December 11th and there is still no update for the app the makes it compatible with the iPhone X. The only good thing I have to say about the app is that it is fairly easy to use but there are definitely more negative aspects than positive.
Great Product and Great App
I’ve had the Nest Thermostat and Nest Smoke Detector for 3 years now and have never had a problem with either units or the app. I’ve also had the Nest Cam for the past 3 months and haven’t had a single issue with playback or quality. I think most issues reported are user error and some people don’t know how to use them properly. Best products I have used and will continue to keep buying Nest. Never once had issues changing temperatures or setting schedules. Also my Nest Smoke Detector alarms me every month of tests to ensure functionality without issue. It’s all a little pricey but worth it in my opinion.
😡😡😡Nest $50 scam
I have three cameras from that I’m supposed to be charged $200 per year they overcharge me by $50 I’ve called multiple times nobody will return my money nobody will take responsibility do not do business with this company unless you want to get ripped off. There’s a lot of good companies out there that you can get security cameras from overall I would not recommend NEST cameras or thermostat you cannot adjust nest thermostat to go down less than 6° every time you come and go from your house I go in and out of my house all day long I don’t want to wait to heat up 6° it be freezing when I got home. Another bad product from Nest.😡
- Category: Lifestyle
- Updated: Dec 11, 2017
- Version: 5.17.1
- Size: 256 MB
- Apple Watch: Yes
- Languages: English, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Spanish
- Seller: Nest Labs, Inc
- © 2011-16 Nest Labs, Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.Apple TV: Yes