At Nest, we make products that are beautiful, thoughtful and easy to use. The Nest app is no exception.
Control your Nest Learning Thermostat, arm and disarm your Nest Secure alarm system, see your home with Nest Cam, and know if Nest Protect goes off – all in one place. And get notifications on your iPhone, iPad.
Nest uses sensors, algorithms and the location of your phone to do the right thing automatically, turning off the heat and turning on the camera when you leave. Forgot to set the alarm? Nest notices and will send you a Remind Me alert. And everyone at home can get notifications and control the Nest products they need with their own Nest Account – no more sharing passwords.
Nest Learning Thermostat and Nest Thermostat E
Thermostats that program themselves to help you save energy.
- Change the temperature from the subway or the sofa using your phone.
- See how much energy you used and why.
- View and edit your schedule or boost your domestic hot water.
- Get extreme temperature alerts before your home gets too cold.
- Earn Leafs when you choose a temperature that saves you energy.
Nest Secure alarm system
- Arm and disarm your home remotely from the app.
- Know who is coming and going with Family Accounts and event history.
- Receive a Remind Me alert if you left home and forgot to set the alarm.
- Invite guests from the app, sending them an email invitation with unique passcodes with set visiting hours.
- Receive a security alert on your phone telling you what triggered the alarm- either a door or window opened or someone entered a room.
The smoke and carbon monoxide alarm that thinks, speaks and alerts your phone.
- Get an alert if Nest Protect senses smoke or carbon monoxide (CO).(Requires Wi-Fi and working internet connection)
- Silence an alarm from your phone with App Silence.(Nest Protect 2nd gen)
- See the status of your batteries, sensors and Wi-Fi connection.
- Run a Safety Checkup to test all your alarms at once. (Nest Protect 2nd gen)
- Get “What To Do” instructions during a smoke or CO event.
- See your Safety History so you know when alerts happened and why.
Nest Cam IQ, Nest Cam Indoor, Nest Cam Outdoor
The security cameras that let you see your home on your phone, inside and out.
- Get alerts when there’s activity, and talk back to get someone’s attention.
- See what you missed with snapshots of the last three hours.
- Check in 24/7 with crisp 1080p HD (Nest Cam and Dropcam Pro only).
- Get person alerts (or familiar / unfamiliar face alerts with Nest Cam IQ) and up to 30 days of video history when you subscribe to Nest Aware. (Subscription service sold separately.)
Know who’s knocking.
- Never miss a moment with 24/7 video streaming.
- Designed to show you everything at your doorstep – people head to toe or packages on the ground.
- Nest Hello can tell the difference between a person and a thing.
- Get notified about a visitor even if they don’t ring the bell.
- HD Talk and Listen enables you to naturally talk with someone at your door.
- When you can’t answer the door, quick responses let you reply to visitors with pre recorded audio messages.
Nest x Yale Lock
The lock for a more secure Nest home.
- Set up Family Accounts so everyone can unlock the door with the Nest app.
- Instead of keys, assign a passcode to people you trust in the Nest app.
- When someone locks or unlocks the door, the Nest app can send an alert.
- Turn on Home/Away Assist and Auto-Lock, your door can lock itself when you leave.
Some features require a working internet connection, Wi-Fi and/or Bluetooth.
Bug fixes and enhancements
Ratings and Reviews
I've been involved with software systems integration with hardware systems for more than 30 years. I originally bought one outdoor camera and used it for a month, bought the 10day service and then added a second camera. Also getting a camera for a family member. This product is one of the easiest to setup and use that I've ever encountered. Instructions are minimal and to the point and result in a fully function service the first time. Installation of the cameras is fool proof. Product quality is extremely high (does not feel cheap or like any short cuts were taken). Overall quality is excellent! The package contains everything you need (except tools and time ;-) the feature set is rich including two way audio that can be used easily in a radius of at least 50 feet (in my location). Camera field of view is 135 degs and streams at 1080p easily on my 6Mb upload on my home network. Really like the zones and notifications. I was able to easily invite family members to the account (without having to share a password or doing anything silly - the system sends email to the new user and that's it); I can unilaterally revoke a users access at anytime, good control). The app and the website both work very well and are well coordinated (usability across the platform is uniform - very good!) Everything works flawlessly and I commend the team on their work! Keep it up folks!
I've installed 4 of the Nest 2.0 thermostats in the last week. Each one took less than 20 minutes total (including wall repairs) to install. They connected effortlessly to the internet and thus far have never disconnected or been unreachable by the iOS apps. Occasionally, the app hangs when launched, but quitting and restarting the app always works (this is an app bug, not a connection problem). I concur with others on the iPhone landscape mode thing... dumb. You need to make Away mode accessible from portrait mode and you need each thermostat icon to display both the set temp and current room temp (without having to tap the icon). I don't see why you can't just include all the menus in portrait mode as well.
I'm still giving your product 5 stars because the primary functions of internet connectivity and "learning" work and work well. Love the Away function. I can press Away and it sets all of my thermostats for my Home location away at the same time. I wish I knew more about how the thing actually works (sensors, how the thermostats work together, set temp vs target temp time). I think a user / discussion forum on your website would be a good idea. I also love the Energy page. You can see your percentage of daily usage on a timeline and total. I would like to see more analytics as time goes on. The ability to have reports and more of them is a good idea.
Great product with much more potential.
Good so far . . but
I've had several dropcams for years before upgrading to add Nest Outdoor Cams earlier this year . . I have all of them in my vacation home about 300 miles away. Never had problems with the dropcams, however the Nest Outdoor Cams go offline very frequently . . sometimes for over a week, and then for no apparent reason, they're back on. I know it's not a wifi problem because the old dropcam is still showing video. This outage, which must be power related, never happens on the DropCam. After a recently dropped connection, I replaced the power cable to the outdoor cameras, after unplugging . . then waiting . . then plugging back in, and still nothing. So I replaced the power cord & it's working fine now.
However . . the DropCam is on a power strip with a surge protector and both outdoor cameras are not. I'm going to add surge protector strips to the outdoor cameras & see if that makes a difference in the future . . without the surge protector, I wonder if the camera power cables are that sensitive to normal tropical weather? There's never any weather going on when they go out, but you never know what's going on down the line . . and I must say . . compared to my old DropCam, the images on the outdoor cameras are phenomenal . . and I really like that I can save the clips to my camera roll . . that is a drastic improvement!
- Nest Labs, Inc
- 394.9 MB
- Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. Apple TV.
- English, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Spanish
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2011-18 Nest Labs, Inc.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.