Net Status - remote server monitor
By Pavel Ahafonau
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Net Status lets you get a fast glimpse of what is happening now with your hosts, routers and other network devices connected to the Internet or LAN.
The tool checks network services your hosts run for availability and presents the information in a convenient way in order to speed up the diagnostics of network problems. With Net Status you can quickly and easily determine which hosts and services are down from your monitoring list.
Net Status employs asynchronous algorithms that allow Net Status to operate really fast. Fractions of a second are needed to check a host with quite a number of running services. Even problematic hosts won't slow down the check process for a time much longer than a timeout you specify.
- Group hosts into multiple checklists
- Automatic scan of hosts for running services
- E-mail check results
- Predefined services for your convenience
- Possibility to add custom services
- Checks ICMP, TCP and UDP
- MAC address and hardware vendor lookup
- Wake on LAN or Wi-Fi (by MAC address)
- Wake over the Internet (using proper routers)
- Ping hosts with integrated tool
- WHOIS hostnames, IP addresses
- Ultrafast asynchronous network I/O
MORE GREAT APPS
· Spyglass - augmented reality & GPS navigator
· Scany - Wi-Fi/LAN network scanner
What's New in Version 1.9.13
- compatible with latest iOS and new devices
- 64-bit support and major code cleanup in preparation for bigger updates
- improvements and bug fixes, including:
○ allows to type (non-DNS) LAN hostnames directly in almost all hostname fields
○ smarter and more convenient host name entry
· valid DNS/LAN hostnames typed in display name field will be applied to hostname
○ improved and more reliable host/device/service status detection
· improved detection of some services requiring service level checks
· more reliable detection of firewalled, hidden and online hosts
· proper detection of sleeping hosts behind a sleep proxy or redirect
○ improved and more reliable port/service checking algorithms
· more reliably detects filtered, closed and open UDP ports
○ improved Wake on LAN/Wi-Fi tool
· ignores (wrong) ARP addresses of sleeping hosts for which a sleep-proxy responds
· ignores (wrong) ARP addresses of sleeping hosts for which a router responds
· existing ARP address of a sleeping (previously awake host) won't be deleted
○ improved Whois subsystem with 418 new zones
· 382 new top level domain (TLD) zones supported
· 24 new internationalized domain name (IDN) zones supported
· 36 new second level domain (SLD) zones supported
· IDN/ACE zone name displayed in results for IDN domains
· trims extra new lines at beginning and end of Whois results
○ improved Network Info tool with current DNS servers list
○ updated hardware/vendor database
○ export and import .NETSTATUS JSON format files via email
· export and import separate hosts, entire or all groups
· export text and .NETSTATUS files via email as attachments
· open .NETSTATUS files in Net Status app
○ import .SCANY JSON format files (from Scany app) via email
· open .SCANY files in Net Status app
○ full support of native screen resolutions of new devices
○ new icons optimized for new iOS and new devices
○ improved memory efficiency
If you've noticed a bug or have some troubles with setting up the app, please contact us via support form on our website.
Pretty good; could use minor UX adjustments
It works, and it works well. My only small complaint is that the buttons aren't always intuitive, and they're also very tiny and close together. Aside from that, though, I'm very happy with it.
Do not buy this app!
Total scam. Does not function and hangs 10 out of 10 tries!
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Utilities
- Updated: May 29, 2015
- Version: 1.9.13
- Size: 4.4 MB
- Languages: English, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Russian, Spanish
- Seller: Pavel Ahafonau
- © 2009-2016 Pavel Ahafonau
Compatibility: Requires iOS 6.1 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.