By Aribada Inc.
Open the Mac App Store to buy and download apps.
NetAdmin is a fully automated powerful monitoring tool which continuously provides diverse information on the local network you are connected.
*** NetAdmin Pro (advanced version of NetAdmin) was released. You may check it first.
In your offices and homes, many devices would have been connected to the local network. Some may be strictly controlled, and some may not. And some may consist of general computers and printers, and some may consist of wi-fi networks where mobile devices are connected to.
NetAdmin lets you find all the devices connected to your local networks automatically without a separate monitoring collection server in any environment. This tool also collects information, and manages and monitors the connection history and information continuously.
Main features of NetAdmin are:
- Stand-alone data collection in your iMac or MacBook.
- Fully automated operations
- Easy UI that provides various information required for local network management
- Host status charts within various given period (90 min. to 1 year)
- Network and host status reporting (PDF, print), exporting via CSV
- Additional features such as MIB Browser (SNMP v1/v2, keyword searching, exporting via text/CSV)
- Configurable icon and name for each device
- Wake On LAN
- supports one main network interface subnet.
Main information provided by NetAdmin is:
- Up/Down status of each host (with chart)
- Ping response time (with chart)
- NetBIOS, Bonjour, MDNS, UPNP information
- Port scan and launch application with opened port
- NIC Vendor country/company (with OUI DB update feature)
- Public IP allocation history
- IP allocation history on each host
- Connected networks history for each host
- Wi-Fi information for connected network
- SNMP walk information on the network
- Host type analysis: Windows, Linux/Unix, Mac OSX, Mobile device, Network printer, VOIP phone
* for the performance reason, the number of hosts in one network is limited by 1022.
What's New in Version 1.0.5
- Fix update process of OUI database.
Great quick detail view of devices but could use more depth
I work with a lot of different locations and networks. Two of the key items needed are NIC manufactors and MAC addresses. Host names are great as well but are only additional info. I’ve used NetAdmin on my MacBook Air as a replacent tool in the field to a Windows style app called NEWT. This app does not have the same capabilities in detail as NEWT for Windows (OS details, full hardware details, hardware vendor details, etc) but does get the job done it was designed for and keeps a list of divices cached for me to reference to. I would def. recommend it to others but would also recommend you check the functionallity of NetAdmin Pro as well. Pro came later and it is sort of unsettling to pay $37 for this app and have to pay $50 for Pro if I want to upgrade to more features.
Reasonably good administrators tool
The NetAdmin tool is simple to use and provides a modest feature set. If you know what "OUI' is or are familiar with other network administration tools the total lack of documentation may not bother you. The SNMP features are undeveloped, consisting mostly of raw MIB data, and a refresh of the display results in a complete fetch of the MIBs with a loss of the view you were observing. Four stars for simplicity.
Same feedback as others: desperately needs a way to add networks and hosts
Others have noted this, but I'm hoping more reviews will spur the developers to act. This is a nice app for monitoring your own subnet. If you want to scan and monitor another subnet or a specific host, you are out of luck. So for example, if you are on a VPN and want to monitor some hosts, but have an IP in a different range? Out of luck. For me, this was a waste of money as it does not accomplish my needs. I'm just hoping they add this one feature so my purchase has value.
- Category: Utilities
- Updated: Jan 29, 2013
- Version: 1.0.5
- Size: 3.7 MB
- Languages: English, Japanese, Korean
- Seller: Aribada, Inc.
- © 2012 Aribada Inc.
Compatibility: OS X 10.6 or later