By Maks and Pasha
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Netflix Remote allows you to control Netflix or Youtube movies playing in a browser on either a Mac or a Windows machine from your iPhone or iPod over WiFi. Some other players, such as Vimeo work with it as well. It also enables use of keyboard and Apple IR remote to control Netflix. The app features a trackpad for controlling your mouse remotely. Setting up the app requires basic understanding of home networking. If the device on which you watch Netflix does not have an Intel or AMD processor or does not run a Mac OS X or a Windows operating system, this app will not work for you. For example, if you want to watch Netflix on an iPad, Android tablet, Windows Surface RT, Xbox, Wii console, or Linux this remote will not work. Please visit the app support page to read detailed set up instructions and to download the Netflix Controller that is required for the Netflix Remote app to communicate with Netflix running on your computer. Netflix player was not designed to be remotely controlled, so this app is a hack in a way, thus setting it up is not a no-brainer.
QUICK TIPS FOR MOST COMMON PROBLEMS:
- Make sure you have the computer on which you watch Netflix and your iPhone connected to the same WiFi network.
- If the app used to work and then stopped, check to see if IP address of the computer running Netflix changed.
- Make sure you have the Netflix Controller running on your computer in addition to the Netflix Remote app running on your iPhone (can be downloaded from the support page).
- Click inside Netflix movie window to make it the active window.
- Volume control works by tapping on it multiple times instead of tap and hold. It controls the volume of the Netflix or Youtube player only (that volume icon that you see inside the player window).
- Trackpad: long press does right-click; two-finger pan does drag.
- Repeated short or long taps gradually increase Forward/Rewind speed, double taps stop playback and cause Forward/Rewind in 10sec steps.
- Keyboard functionality is supported on Mac only. Windows come with on-screen keyboard application which can be used with the Netflix Remote's trackpad.
What's New in Version 2.0
Keyboard support. Now you can type into a search on Netflix from your iPhone.
To use the keyboard please download updated version of Netflix Controller v2.0 from our support page for FREE.
It works, haven't had any issues, I approve.
I WISH I COULD GIVE THIS APP ZERO STARS Do not waste your money on this horrible app it never works I've tried and tried again it is the worst app I've ever had it disconnects constantly and never works when you need it DO NOT BUY THIS TERRIBLE APP
They don't tell you that you can't use this app for wii, Xbox, or anything that isn't your computer until you buy the app! Waste of my money.
- Category: Utilities
- Updated: Jan 13, 2015
- Version: 2.0
- Size: 2.9 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Paul Zabelin
- © 2015 Maks and Pasha
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5, iPhone 6, and iPhone 6 Plus.