NETGEAR Genie HD for iPad
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
NETGEAR genie App is an easy, way to manage, monitor and repair your home network--from the palm of your hand. While on your home network NETGEAR genie app allows you anywhere-in-the-house access to all the cool features on your router without having to boot up your computer: Wireless Settings, Network Map, Live Parental Controls, Guest Access, Traffic Metering, My Media, and more. All you need is your tablet or smartphone and NETGEAR genie App.
• Easily control your home network through the genie dashboard
• Stream Media—find and play music and video files anywhere in your network from your smartphone/tablet
• Print from your iPad® or iPhone®--Windows or Mac genie makes any printer AirPrint® compatible
• Securely connect smartphones and tablets to your home wireless network with the scan of a QR code thanks to EZ Mobile Connect
*** IMPORTANT NOTES ***
For any issue, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
genie does not work when connected to the guest network.
If enabling "Wireless Isolation", Genie won't log in from wireless devices.
genie may not work if the router is running access point mode with fixed IP.
genie does not work with wireless extender.
genie currently does not support IPv6.
iOS version supported: iOS 7, iOS 8, iOS 9
General Information: List of WiFi Routers that support genie:
» Centria (WNDR4700, WND4720)
DSL Modem Gateway:
My Media uses the default media player on an iOS device to play media files if the iOS device is being used as a player. Supported media formats are:
• Supported audio formats: AAC, HE-AAC, MP3, Apple Lossless, AIFF and WAV.
• Supported video formats: H.264, MPEG-4, and M-JPEG.
• Supported photo formats: JPG, TIFF, GIF, PNG, and BMP.
Notes for My Media:
1) Each supported media format has limitations in media encoding parameters, such as bitrate, frame rate, and resolution. When My Media is unable to play media files with the supported formats, it may be because the files have higher bitrates or frame rates that exceed the rate it can support.
2) The devices listed in Player view will be Genie device and other devices available in the network. If you select another device to play media files, you may encounter some of the following behaviors, which are not the bugs:
• NETGEAR Genie needs to be running in the My Media function to show up as a player or source.
• Some media files can be played in some players, but can’t be played in other players. Different players support different kinds of media file formats.
• Genie can show photos and videos in Source view if you grant Genie permission to access the location service. Genie can’t play music from the iOS device due to copyright restriction.
• Use the File Sharing feature to transfer media files from your computer to Genie. After Genie is installed and the iOS device is connected to iTunes, go to the Apps tab. The File Sharing section is at the bottom of the page. Select Genie in Apps, then drag and drop the media files to the Genie Document list box.
• If My Media can’t find any source or any player, it may be because your device is disconnected from the NETGEAR router. • After any change in the network, including Wi-Fi setting, source folder change, and list of player change, you will need to restart the media service and refresh the source folder in the Option view.
• It sometimes takes a long time to access and play a media file. This may be caused by a slow network, large file size, or heavy load in the player or source device.
What's New in Version 2.4.22
Change in 2.4.22:
1. Adds support for the iOS9.
2. Fixes the login issue for user who has customized password.
This app needs some MAJOR improvements!!!!!
This app needs so much work. For one, it should not have to take the app about 1-2 minutes before it will eventually let you log in and change settings. Secondly, the app shouldn't log you out every time you leave the app. Switching apps, or going to the home page. Third, when attempting to set parental controls, it asks for me to log in with my OpenDNS account and I have one, but when I try to log in, it will say my router isn't connected to the Internet, and it is! Otherwise it wouldn't let me log in to change the settings in the first place... It's much better if you just log into the router using a web browser rather than using this awful app.
The Genie app is nice to have as an alternative method to access Netgear routers' basic settings. It would, however, benefit from a user interface redo as it looks like it was written for the original iOS. Also, not all of the features are working, such as the network map and the media share option.
Hopefully, it will improve over time.
Would really like to be able see exactly what is connected in the network app... I see things connected but have no idea what they are, I have gone to my devices to see the IP address, but wish there was a way to send a signal to recognize what the others are..
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Utilities
- Updated: Oct 26, 2015
- Version: 2.4.22
- Size: 58.0 MB
- Languages: English, Arabic, Bokmål, Norwegian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hungarian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Slovenian, Spanish, Swedish, Turkish
- Seller: NETGEAR, Inc.
- © 2015 Netgear, Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPad.