NETGEAR Genie HD for iPad
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
NETGEAR genie App is an easy, way to manage, monitor and repair your home network--from the palm of your hand. While on your home network NETGEAR genie app allows you anywhere-in-the-house access to all the cool features on your router without having to boot up your computer: Wireless Settings, Network Map, Live Parental Controls, Guest Access, Traffic Metering, My Media, and more. All you need is your tablet or smartphone and NETGEAR genie App.
• Easily control your home network through the genie dashboard
• Stream Media—find and play music and video files anywhere in your network from your smartphone/tablet
• Print from your iPad® or iPhone®--Windows or Mac genie makes any printer AirPrint® compatible
• Securely connect smartphones and tablets to your home wireless network with the scan of a QR code thanks to EZ Mobile Connect
*** IMPORTANT NOTES ***
For any issue, please contact email@example.com.
genie does not work when connected to the guest network.
If enabling "Wireless Isolation", Genie won't log in from wireless devices.
genie may not work if the router is running access point mode with fixed IP.
genie does not work with wireless extender.
genie currently does not support IPv6.
iOS version supported: iOS 7, iOS 8
General Information: List of WiFi Routers that support genie:
» Centria (WNDR4700, WND4720)
DSL Modem Gateway:
My Media uses the default media player on an iOS device to play media files if the iOS device is being used as a player. Supported media formats are:
• Supported audio formats: AAC, HE-AAC, MP3, Apple Lossless, AIFF and WAV.
• Supported video formats: H.264, MPEG-4, and M-JPEG.
• Supported photo formats: JPG, TIFF, GIF, PNG, and BMP.
Notes for My Media:
1) Each supported media format has limitations in media encoding parameters, such as bitrate, frame rate, and resolution. When My Media is unable to play media files with the supported formats, it may be because the files have higher bitrates or frame rates that exceed the rate it can support.
2) The devices listed in Player view will be Genie device and other devices available in the network. If you select another device to play media files, you may encounter some of the following behaviors, which are not the bugs:
• NETGEAR Genie needs to be running in the My Media function to show up as a player or source.
• Some media files can be played in some players, but can’t be played in other players. Different players support different kinds of media file formats.
• Genie can show photos and videos in Source view if you grant Genie permission to access the location service. Genie can’t play music from the iOS device due to copyright restriction.
• Use the File Sharing feature to transfer media files from your computer to Genie. After Genie is installed and the iOS device is connected to iTunes, go to the Apps tab. The File Sharing section is at the bottom of the page. Select Genie in Apps, then drag and drop the media files to the Genie Document list box.
• If My Media can’t find any source or any player, it may be because your device is disconnected from the NETGEAR router. • After any change in the network, including Wi-Fi setting, source folder change, and list of player change, you will need to restart the media service and refresh the source folder in the Option view.
• It sometimes takes a long time to access and play a media file. This may be caused by a slow network, large file size, or heavy load in the player or source device.
What's New in Version 2.4.12
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for issues.
Change in 2.4.12:
1. Enable device level filtering in Parental Controls.
2. Other bug fixes
Handy App But a Few Bugs
I am very happy to have an app like this to manage my router, especially including parental controls. The addition of the bypass controls for each device is very welcome.
Online support pages do not make it clear, however, that the service offers only one level of controls for everyone connected to that router, and then bypass accounts an admin can set up for certain users, who then can get in by device. A person with a bypass account has to first install this app, then log in to the router itself, then log in to their own bypass account to get around the main set of controls.
Also within five minutes the app led me into two places where there was no button to go back to a starting point, home or dashboard. I had to double click the ipad (physical) button, swipe up to close the app, and then reopen it to get back in to the "Home" point on the app.
However I am sure they will improve it and I am thankful it is available.
would be nice if..
room for improvement here - be nice if they included devices such as Roku or other network devices too. Would also be nice if Netgear allowed email to their tech support even if your product is out or just about out of warranty. If you have a product that is outside their installation support, the hardware warranty they provide is mostly only if you subscribe (purchase) their additional services. Poor move on their part - I have gone back to Dlink products - not as glitzy as Netgear as long as it is functional!
A bit too simple?
How about an advanced link to my router? From the genie, I cannot set my PW. I also agree with another reviewer on being able to boot a user. If we have a friend over who is in need of a reminder about who is in charge, it is a great way to send a message. Finally, why is it everytime I turn on Parental controls, nobody can access the internet? I have set my opendns to "none" and set the router to "none" but everytime I turn PC on, we are all blocked. I have to login to the router and turn it off.
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Utilities
- Updated: Jul 01, 2015
- Version: 2.4.12
- Size: 59.6 MB
- Languages: English, Arabic, Bokmål, Norwegian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hungarian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Slovenian, Spanish, Swedish, Turkish
- Seller: NETGEAR, Inc.
- © 2014 Netgear, Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 6.0 or later. Compatible with iPad.