NETGEAR Genie HD for iPad
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
NETGEAR genie App is an easy, way to manage, monitor and repair your home network--from the palm of your hand. While on your home network NETGEAR genie app allows you anywhere-in-the-house access to all the cool features on your router without having to boot up your computer: Wireless Settings, Network Map, Live Parental Controls, Guest Access, Traffic Metering, My Media, and more. All you need is your tablet or smartphone and NETGEAR genie App.
• Easily control your home network through the genie dashboard
• Stream Media—find and play music and video files anywhere in your network from your smartphone/tablet
• Print from your iPad® or iPhone®--Windows or Mac genie makes any printer AirPrint® compatible
• Securely connect smartphones and tablets to your home wireless network with the scan of a QR code thanks to EZ Mobile Connect
*** IMPORTANT NOTES ***
For any issue, please contact email@example.com.
genie does not work when connected to the guest network.
If enabling "Wireless Isolation", Genie won't log in from wireless devices.
genie may not work if the router is running access point mode with fixed IP.
genie does not work with wireless extender.
genie currently does not support IPv6.
iOS version supported: iOS 7, iOS 8, iOS 9
General Information: List of WiFi Routers that support genie:
» Centria (WNDR4700, WND4720)
DSL Modem Gateway:
My Media uses the default media player on an iOS device to play media files if the iOS device is being used as a player. Supported media formats are:
• Supported audio formats: AAC, HE-AAC, MP3, Apple Lossless, AIFF and WAV.
• Supported video formats: H.264, MPEG-4, and M-JPEG.
• Supported photo formats: JPG, TIFF, GIF, PNG, and BMP.
Notes for My Media:
1) Each supported media format has limitations in media encoding parameters, such as bitrate, frame rate, and resolution. When My Media is unable to play media files with the supported formats, it may be because the files have higher bitrates or frame rates that exceed the rate it can support.
2) The devices listed in Player view will be Genie device and other devices available in the network. If you select another device to play media files, you may encounter some of the following behaviors, which are not the bugs:
• NETGEAR Genie needs to be running in the My Media function to show up as a player or source.
• Some media files can be played in some players, but can’t be played in other players. Different players support different kinds of media file formats.
• Genie can show photos and videos in Source view if you grant Genie permission to access the location service. Genie can’t play music from the iOS device due to copyright restriction.
• Use the File Sharing feature to transfer media files from your computer to Genie. After Genie is installed and the iOS device is connected to iTunes, go to the Apps tab. The File Sharing section is at the bottom of the page. Select Genie in Apps, then drag and drop the media files to the Genie Document list box.
• If My Media can’t find any source or any player, it may be because your device is disconnected from the NETGEAR router. • After any change in the network, including Wi-Fi setting, source folder change, and list of player change, you will need to restart the media service and refresh the source folder in the Option view.
• It sometimes takes a long time to access and play a media file. This may be caused by a slow network, large file size, or heavy load in the player or source device.
What's New in Version 2.4.38
1. Fixes the login issue on some devices
2. Fixes crash issues
3. Fixes the channel issue for Orbi
4. Adds a Security Advisory section to the About page
Bypass Login still an issue - R6400
Overall an ok app. My biggest complaint would be the parental controls. One would think that a parent should be able to fully control the content access of all the devices that connect to the router but this app/router won't allow for this. I have tried numerous times to add specific restrictions to my children's devices and unfortunately those particular devices are set to "bypass login". My iPad, my wife's iPad and phone can be restricted but 11 year old son and 8 year old daughter can access whatever they like. I'm not the most tech guy out there but shouldn't there be some information available to a parent that shows/tells what one needs to do to change this setting? Every time I try to select a custom or more restrictive setting on my children's electronics, it tells me I can't because they have a "bypass login". So basically most, but not all of your devices will be properly restricted. I just hope for your sake, it's your children's electronics that the router decides to filter properly because sadly, within 5 accidental clicks, your child might just lose their innocence.
Limited use and Horrible Visuals Hamper A Great Router
I suppose for the setup of simple network functionality it works fine but the limited functionality of the Genie app compared with the many, many functions available on my Netgear router is a good bit baffling.
In fact most of the features of the router, which are the reason I purchased this product, are hidden and unavailable in the Genie app and must be accessed through the browser portal.
They may have been trying to simplify installation and use, however they missed the fact that most of the better 'simplified' products actually give access to all features either with simplified menus or the ability to enter an advanced mode of some kind.
Couple this with horrendous graphics and you have a product that looks like it got stuck in 1995.
Great but a little slow
Love the ability to use one app to manage my home and church wifi networks. However it is a little slow on the iPad Pro compared to the windows version of the app on my laptop and my laptop has an older wifi chipset. Other than that it is great!
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Utilities
- Updated: Oct 22, 2016
- Version: 2.4.38
- Size: 79.8 MB
- Languages: English, Arabic, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hungarian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Slovenian, Spanish, Swedish, Turkish
- Seller: NETGEAR, Inc.
- © 2015 Netgear, Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPad.