Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
NETGEAR genie App is an easy, way to manage, monitor and repair your home network--from the palm of your hand. While on your home network NETGEAR genie app allows you anywhere-in-the-house access to all the cool features on your router without having to boot up your computer: Wireless Settings, Network Map, Live Parental Controls, Guest Access, Traffic Metering, My Media, and more. All you need is your tablet or smartphone and NETGEAR genie App.
• Easily control your home network through the genie dashboard
• Stream Media—find and play music and video files anywhere in your network from your smartphone/tablet
• Print from your iPad® or iPhone®--Windows or Mac genie makes any printer AirPrint® compatible
• Securely connect smartphones and tablets to your home wireless network with the scan of a QR code thanks to EZ Mobile Connect
*** IMPORTANT NOTES ***
For any issue, please contact email@example.com.
genie does not work when connected to the guest network.
If enabling "Wireless Isolation", Genie won't log in from wireless devices.
genie may not work if the router is running access point mode with fixed IP.
genie does not work with wireless extender.
genie currently does not support IPv6.
iOS version supported: iOS 7, iOS8, iOS9
General Information: List of WiFi Routers that support genie:
» Centria (WNDR4700, WND4720)
DSL Modem Gateway:
My Media uses the default media player on an iOS device to play media files if the iOS device is being used as a player. Supported media formats are:
• Supported audio formats: AAC, HE-AAC, MP3, Apple Lossless, AIFF and WAV.
• Supported video formats: H.264, MPEG-4, and M-JPEG.
• Supported photo formats: JPG, TIFF, GIF, PNG, and BMP.
Notes for My Media:
1) Each supported media format has limitations in media encoding parameters, such as bitrate, frame rate, and resolution. When My Media is unable to play media files with the supported formats, it may be because the files have higher bitrates or frame rates that exceed the rate it can support.
2) The devices listed in Player view will be Genie device and other devices available in the network. If you select another device to play media files, you may encounter some of the following behaviors, which are not the bugs:
• NETGEAR Genie needs to be running in the My Media function to show up as a player or source.
• Some media files can be played in some players, but can’t be played in other players. Different players support different kinds of media file formats.
• Genie can show photos and videos in Source view if you grant Genie permission to access the location service. Genie can’t play music from the iOS device due to copyright restriction.
• Use the File Sharing feature to transfer media files from your computer to Genie. After Genie is installed and the iOS device is connected to iTunes, go to the Apps tab. The File Sharing section is at the bottom of the page. Select Genie in Apps, then drag and drop the media files to the Genie Document list box.
• If My Media can’t find any source or any player, it may be because your device is disconnected from the NETGEAR router. • After any change in the network, including Wi-Fi setting, source folder change, and list of player change, you will need to restart the media service and refresh the source folder in the Option view.
• It sometimes takes a long time to access and play a media file. This may be caused by a slow network, large file size, or heavy load in the player or source device.
What's New in Version 2.4.38
1. Fixes the login issue on some devices
2. Fixes crash issues
3. Fixes the channel issue for Orbi
4. Adds a Security Advisory section to the About page
Decent router but software has problems
The router does ok with the basic routing services, but occasionally one of my devices will drop out while the others remain on. Restarting the router will get all devices reconnected, for a day or t o, until one of them again drops out.
The software, Netgear GENIE, includes a function called ReadySHARE. It allows you to access the hard drive connected to the router's USB port. It works fine with my Apple iPhone, but not with Windows 10 - unless I log into my PC as local admin. Although my regular login has admin privileges, the ReadySHARE function does not see the USB hard drive. All the other functions work, just not ReadySHARE - unless I first log in as local admin on my PC. Netgear tech support is absolutely useless. They follow a flowchart of irrelevant questions - is my router on?, is it connected?,etc. - that show they have no clue how to think and analyze. Their last suggestion was that I install a previous (earlier) version of their BIOS. This did not address the software problem with ReadySHARE, and only added other issues fixed with the latest BIOS.
Great concept, poor execution
While the idea of having access to router management on my iPhone is a great one, the way it was executed has left me feeling underwhelmed. My biggest issue is with the network map. It does not allow for seeing all devices connecting to my network. Instead, only some devices show up. It's a random mix of wired and wireless devices. I utilize MAC address filtering as a security feature. One of the best features of the network map is the fact that I can block or unblock a device from my phone. This comes in handy when a friend comes over and they join my network. Since my network policy is set up to block access for any new device, I need to unblock any authorized new device on the network. Where the problem presents its self is when I go to find that new device in the network map and it doesn't show up. I end up having to log into the web app and unblock the device from there. It's frustrating and it would be nice if that feature was fixed to work correctly.
App does what I need it to
I'm not very tech savvy, but my modem router combo we got from our provider just wasn't up to the task anymore. We have had many connectivity issues prior to upgrading to the Nighhawk ac1900 wifi dsl modem. We don't use Cable or Satellite for tv, we use our Apple TV. So the new upgrade has seemed to be just what we needed. The Nighthawk System is very convenient to be able to control from my phone. Very happy with it. If you're in need of a better wifi modem/router give this a shot. For what we use it for, it should give us plenty of room to operate all our wifi enabled gadgets lol.
- Category: Utilities
- Updated: Oct 22, 2016
- Version: 2.4.38
- Size: 64.7 MB
- Languages: English, Arabic, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hungarian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Slovenian, Spanish, Swedish, Turkish
- Seller: NETGEAR, Inc.
- © 2015 NETGEAR, Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.