Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
NETGEAR genie App is an easy, way to manage, monitor and repair your home network--from the palm of your hand. While on your home network NETGEAR genie app allows you anywhere-in-the-house access to all the cool features on your router without having to boot up your computer: Wireless Settings, Network Map, Live Parental Controls, Guest Access, Traffic Metering, My Media, and more. All you need is your tablet or smartphone and NETGEAR genie App.
• Easily control your home network through the genie dashboard
• Stream Media—find and play music and video files anywhere in your network from your smartphone/tablet
• Print from your iPad® or iPhone®--Windows or Mac genie makes any printer AirPrint® compatible
• Securely connect smartphones and tablets to your home wireless network with the scan of a QR code thanks to EZ Mobile Connect
*** IMPORTANT NOTES ***
For any issue, please contact email@example.com.
genie does not work when connected to the guest network.
If enabling "Wireless Isolation", Genie won't log in from wireless devices.
genie may not work if the router is running access point mode with fixed IP.
genie does not work with wireless extender.
genie currently does not support IPv6.
iOS version supported: iOS 5, iOS 6, iOS 7
General Information: List of WiFi Routers that support genie:
» Centria (WNDR4700, WND4720)
DSL Modem Gateway:
My Media uses the default media player on an iOS device to play media files if the iOS device is being used as a player. Supported media formats are:
• Supported audio formats: AAC, HE-AAC, MP3, Apple Lossless, AIFF and WAV.
• Supported video formats: H.264, MPEG-4, and M-JPEG.
• Supported photo formats: JPG, TIFF, GIF, PNG, and BMP.
Notes for My Media:
1) Each supported media format has limitations in media encoding parameters, such as bitrate, frame rate, and resolution. When My Media is unable to play media files with the supported formats, it may be because the files have higher bitrates or frame rates that exceed the rate it can support.
2) The devices listed in Player view will be Genie device and other devices available in the network. If you select another device to play media files, you may encounter some of the following behaviors, which are not the bugs:
• NETGEAR Genie needs to be running in the My Media function to show up as a player or source.
• Some media files can be played in some players, but can’t be played in other players. Different players support different kinds of media file formats.
• Genie can show photos and videos in Source view if you grant Genie permission to access the location service. Genie can’t play music from the iOS device due to copyright restriction.
• Use the File Sharing feature to transfer media files from your computer to Genie. After Genie is installed and the iOS device is connected to iTunes, go to the Apps tab. The File Sharing section is at the bottom of the page. Select Genie in Apps, then drag and drop the media files to the Genie Document list box.
• If My Media can’t find any source or any player, it may be because your device is disconnected from the NETGEAR router. • After any change in the network, including Wi-Fi setting, source folder change, and list of player change, you will need to restart the media service and refresh the source folder in the Option view.
• It sometimes takes a long time to access and play a media file. This may be caused by a slow network, large file size, or heavy load in the player or source device.
What's New in Version 2.1.40
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for issues.
Change in 2.1.40:
1. Supports Remote Access on R7000 (firmware update required).
2. Other bug fixes
Network mapping doesn't work, apparently has issues with passing credentials to obtain the dhcp IP addresses, therefore making it impossible to set schedules from the app for reserved IP's. If you want to ensure your children's devices follow the schedule for blocked services, assign an IP through dhcp using the MAC address and the scheduler will always block or monitor the IP address. The clients will then always use the same IP, and be required to follow the scheduling rules. The channel settings are nice, especially if you have several wifi routers or AP's in your area, such as neighbors. It may help lower connectivity drops due to having others using the same channel id's. The best feature I suppose is the restart remotely, much easier than logging in via web through a mobile device. Other than that, it's *shrugs* okay. Parental controls are always nice to have at your finger tips, so that's a big plus. Traffic meter is unusable, so what's the point there? Still I prefer netgear over others for residential wifi and networking. It's good, but not great.
Doesn't Even Recognize
My Genie app fell victim to some sort of data amnesia and forgot my login and existence completely. And between updates! Tsk tsk tsk, not playing nice even with your own brand. My copy worked for a while and now just insists I change my password, I guess.
Although the details page shows my router on the support list, no joy. Also on the details list is a plethora of reasons why it may not work including iOS 8 not being on the supported iOS list. Wait...what? How long has iOS 8 been out? Unremarkably, I am running iOS 8 on this device.
The "Notes" all over the details page outnumber the 11 things this app can do if you can log in. It's the router slalom! No thanks. Interesting high average rating for this app. For whom this app currently works, the planets are aligned. A question comes to mind though; Are there router 'fanboys' like there are game console and OS ones?
I have owned another brand very well known, had to reconnect many times. Netgear 6300 is 100% reliable. I have owned Net Gear for several years. I am updating this review and still have the 6300. I have iPhone 6 plus, iPad, Vizio tv , Sony BD and ever have a problem as well as have family that comes over and I log them on. Still no issues. Can't say that about other major brand my friends have.
- Category: Utilities
- Updated: Jan 20, 2015
- Version: 2.1.40
- Size: 25.0 MB
- Languages: English, Arabic, Bokmål, Norwegian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hungarian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Slovenian, Spanish, Swedish, Turkish
- Seller: NETGEAR, Inc.
- © 2014 NETGEAR, Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 6.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.