Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
NETGEAR genie App is an easy, way to manage, monitor and repair your home network--from the palm of your hand. While on your home network NETGEAR genie app allows you anywhere-in-the-house access to all the cool features on your router without having to boot up your computer: Wireless Settings, Network Map, Live Parental Controls, Guest Access, Traffic Metering, My Media, and more. All you need is your tablet or smartphone and NETGEAR genie App.
• Easily control your home network through the genie dashboard
• Stream Media—find and play music and video files anywhere in your network from your smartphone/tablet
• Print from your iPad® or iPhone®--Windows or Mac genie makes any printer AirPrint® compatible
• Securely connect smartphones and tablets to your home wireless network with the scan of a QR code thanks to EZ Mobile Connect
*** IMPORTANT NOTES ***
For any issue, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
5GHz support will be added in Q1 2014.
There is a bug in some NETGEAR routers causing Genie to fail to log into the router. Update to new firmware first.
NETGEAR genie does not work when connected to the guest network.
If enabling "Wireless Isolation", Genie won't log in from wireless devices.
NETGEAR genie may not work if the router is running access point mode with fixed IP.
NETGEAR genie does not work with wireless extender.
NETGEAR genie currently does not support IPv6.
iOS version supported: iOS 5, iOS 6, iOS 7
General Information: List of WiFi Routers that support NETGEAR genie:
» Centria (WNDR4700, WND4720)
DSL Modem Gateway:
My Media uses the default media player on an iOS device to play media files if the iOS device is being used as a player. Supported media formats are:
• Supported audio formats: AAC, HE-AAC, MP3, Apple Lossless, AIFF and WAV.
• Supported video formats: H.264, MPEG-4, and M-JPEG.
• Supported photo formats: JPG, TIFF, GIF, PNG, and BMP.
Notes for My Media:
1) Each supported media format has limitations in media encoding parameters, such as bitrate, frame rate, and resolution. When My Media is unable to play media files with the supported formats, it may be because the files have higher bitrates or frame rates that exceed the rate it can support.
2) The devices listed in Player view will be Genie device and other devices available in the network. If you select another device to play media files, you may encounter some of the following behaviors, which are not the bugs:
• NETGEAR Genie needs to be running in the My Media function to show up as a player or source.
• Some media files can be played in some players, but can’t be played in other players. Different players support different kinds of media file formats.
• Genie can show photos and videos in Source view if you grant Genie permission to access the location service. Genie can’t play music from the iOS device due to copyright restriction.
• Use the File Sharing feature to transfer media files from your computer to Genie. After Genie is installed and the iOS device is connected to iTunes, go to the Apps tab. The File Sharing section is at the bottom of the page. Select Genie in Apps, then drag and drop the media files to the Genie Document list box.
• If My Media can’t find any source or any player, it may be because your device is disconnected from the NETGEAR router. • After any change in the network, including Wi-Fi setting, source folder change, and list of player change, you will need to restart the media service and refresh the source folder in the Option view.
• It sometimes takes a long time to access and play a media file. This may be caused by a slow network, large file size, or heavy load in the player or source device.
What's New in Version 2.0.91
If running into any issue, please contact email@example.com so we can help.
1. Adds Turbo Transfer function, allow user to easily transfer files between iOS Genie device and Windows/Android Genie devices.
2. Fixes the issue that Parental Controls bypass does not work on iPhone.
3. Adds the option to allow users to manually enter the router’s IP address (note that some routers have a bug with fixed IP address in AP mode that won’t allow Genie to log in, make sure the router in AP mode is getting dynamic IP from existing router.)
4. Adds Router Reboot
5. Displays the connected wireless network name, so user knows which network the device is connected to.
6. AirPrint for iOS 7.0 is supported through the latest Windows Genie update 188.8.131.52 on http://www.netgear.com/genie
7. Various bug fixes
Good for what it is but...
This app is completely lacking in regard to more advanced settings and control of the router. This can't exactly be referred to as "router management" when there really isn't anything to manage. How's about an advanced option hidden in settings, ticked off by default, (that way the hoopleheads won't brick their router screwing with settings that they have no business touching) that can be enabled for those of us that want to actually interface with the router? That would give me a chubby.
Outside of that tremendous affliction it IS a good app. It is well designed and responsive. The network map is SWEET. What really surprised me about the network map was the ability to name the clients. It's hard to find that feature in some really excellent net scanners on the AppStore. Router reboot is a welcome feature, as is Guest Access control I suppose. I will continue to add stars as more useful features are added. Until then it's basically ho-hum cause it in no way has true management capabilities.
Had this App for about a year. Love it.
Great for quick network mapping. You can monitor who's on your network right from your phone. Allow or deny others access quickly.
Let's you view all devises IP address for managing your network with ease. Easy for naming or renaming your network devices. Plus you can reboot the router remotely when needed.
Easy access to parental controls and traffic meter.
The new Media Transfer update is great. Let's you transfer media directly to and from your handheld device to any computer or phone on your network Wirelessly. No more need to plug into a computer and use Itunes to do this.
Tho, there has been glitches after some updates over the year, Netgear has always addressed them within a day or two. All in all I have found this App very useful and am quite satisfied.
It's a rather glowing app
It is with out a doubt a good app. The options and features it offers makes simple tasks like changing your wifi password so easy. The network map is another amazing feature. But it does contain some issues like anyone I block from my network still has access to my internet. I find this feature very annoying when someone hacks there way in. It's router restart feature turns old men on. Overall this app would be worth 3 out of 10 fat men which is equal to 4 out of 5 stars. I bet you didn't understand a thing but bacon is the key to hell and air conditioning is rather Limey. So long.
- Category: Utilities
- Updated: Dec 06, 2013
- Version: 2.0.91
- Size: 7.9 MB
- Languages: English, Arabic, Bokmål, Norwegian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hungarian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Slovenian, Spanish, Swedish, Turkish
- Seller: NETGEAR, Inc.
- © 2013 Netgear, Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 5.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.