NetSpot: WiFi survey & wireless scanner
By Etwok LLC
Open the Mac App Store to buy and download apps.
Featured in MacWorld's Mac SuperGuide +++ MacWorld Editors’ Choice in 2012 +++ Editor's Choice by PCMAG and more! Advanced reports available in NetSpot Reporter: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/id678464954?mt=12
NetSpot goes far beyond usual WiFi scanning and analysis. NetSpot is the one and only full-featured WiFi site survey software and WiFi scanner on the Mac App Store. NetSpot is also an award-winning WiFi signal mapper and wireless manager.
Exceptional simplicity and affordability make NetSpot the all-in-one WiFi networks detector and analyzer. All you need to run your wireless site survey is your MacBook with native WiFi/AirPort adapter. No special knowledge or hardware required. NetSpot helps anyone conduct a professional WiFi survey of a house, office, cafe, airport, building, or any other area.
We packed the following features into NetSpot for you:
* NetSpot collects and visualizes 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac WiFi data
* support for 2.4GHz and 5GHz channel bands
* really simple and fast wireless data aggregation
* comprehensive sleek heatmap visualizations of your WLAN: signal level, signal-to-interference ratio, signal-to-noise ratio, etc
* predictive automatic location of access points
* lots of data collected on every network: AP name (SSID), MAC address (BSSID), vendor, channel, signal levels, encryption and more
* export of detailed reports into PDF
You will find NetSpot incredibly useful for:
* improving your wireless network performance
* reducing time and costs of maintaining or deploying WiFi networks
* finding signal leakages
* resolving channel conflicts
* managing site expansion
* preventing excessive signal level outside of desired area
* WiFi monitoring and access control
* analysis of neighboring networks coverage
Our public forum: http://forum.netspotapp.com
What's New in Version 1.3.418
* internal updates for OS X 10.10.4
* few crashes fixed
Best One Ever Used
NetSpot is an excellent tool for troubleshooting and managing Wi-Fi. It displays a large amount of data in a format with color-coding that is easy to understand.
Easily identify busy and noisy channels to be avoided by sorting columns by SSID, Channel, SNR Level, Signal, Noise and many more. In my environment, channels 6, 11, 1 and 9 were problematic. Channel 3 is providing a strong and stable signal.
Even without mapping, this is the best of the many Wi-Fi apps I have used.
Wow - - Great app. Mapped my Wifi signals
What a great app. Going on to suggest to all my peps.
Best WiFi app for Mac
This is the best WiFi environment mapping app that I have found for the Mac. It has the technical info for a network tech person and allows one to see the signal info for each WiFi network in range from each scan location layered on your own building map. Very Nice.