NetSpot: WiFi survey & wireless scanner
By Etwok LLC
Open the Mac App Store to buy and download apps.
Featured in MacWorld's Mac SuperGuide +++ MacWorld Editors’ Choice in 2012 +++ Editor's Choice by PCMAG and more! Advanced reports available in NetSpot Reporter: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/id678464954?mt=12
NetSpot goes far beyond usual WiFi scanning and analysis. NetSpot is the one and only full-featured WiFi site survey software and WiFi scanner on the Mac App Store. NetSpot is also an award-winning WiFi signal mapper and wireless manager.
Exceptional simplicity and affordability make NetSpot the all-in-one WiFi networks detector and analyzer. All you need to run your wireless site survey is your MacBook with native WiFi/AirPort adapter. No special knowledge or hardware required. NetSpot helps anyone conduct a professional WiFi survey of a house, office, cafe, airport, building, or any other area.
We packed the following features into NetSpot for you:
* NetSpot collects and visualizes 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac WiFi data
* support for 2.4GHz and 5GHz channel bands
* really simple and fast wireless data aggregation
* comprehensive sleek heatmap visualizations of your WLAN: signal level, signal-to-interference ratio, signal-to-noise ratio, etc
* predictive automatic location of access points
* lots of data collected on every network: AP name (SSID), MAC address (BSSID), vendor, channel, signal levels, encryption and more
* export of detailed reports into PDF
You will find NetSpot incredibly useful for:
* improving your wireless network performance
* reducing time and costs of maintaining or deploying WiFi networks
* finding signal leakages
* resolving channel conflicts
* managing site expansion
* preventing excessive signal level outside of desired area
* WiFi monitoring and access control
* analysis of neighboring networks coverage
Our public forum: http://forum.netspotapp.com
What's New in Version 1.3.418
* internal updates for OS X 10.10.4
* few crashes fixed
Wow - - Great app. Mapped my Wifi signals
What a great app. Going on to suggest to all my peps.