Network Analyzer - wifi scanner, speed test, tools
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
The ultimate tool for network analysis, LAN scanning and problem detection.
Network Analyzer can help you diagnose various problems in your wifi network setup, Internet connectivity, and also detect various issues on remote servers thanks to the wide range of tools it provides.
It is equipped with a high-performance wifi device discovery tool, including all the LAN device's addresses, manufacturers and names, together with the Bonjour/DLNA services they provide. Further, Network Analyzer contains standard net diagnostic tools such as ping, traceroute, port scanner, DNS lookup, whois, and Internet speed test. Finally, it displays various useful information related to your wifi/cell connection. Everything works with both IPv4 and IPv6.
WIFI LAN SCANNER
• Fast and reliable detection of all network devices (wifi & VPN)
• Vendor name, IP, and MAC addresses of all discovered devices
• NetBIOS, mDNS (bonjour), LLMNR, and DNS name where available
• Pingability test of discovered devices
• IPv6 availability and discovered IPv6 addresses
• Wake on LAN (WOL) including remote WOL
• Scan of custom IP ranges
• Possibility to set custom device name
• Filtering and search in the discovered device list
PING & TRACEROUTE
• Round trip delay including IP address and hostname for every network node
• Geolocation data including latitude, longitude, country, city, and time zone
• AS number and network name information
• Complete trace route visualization on the map
• Graphical ping statistics updated in real time
• Both IPv4 and IPv6 - selectable
• Fast, adaptive algorithm for scanning the most common ports or user specified port ranges
• Detection of closed, firewalled, and open ports
• Description of the known open port services
• Scan of complete port range or user-editable common ports
• Both IPv4 and IPv6 - selectable
• Whois of domains, IP addresses and AS numbers
• Functionality similar to nslookup or dig
• Support for ANY, A, AAAA, CNAME, HINFO, MX, NS, PTR, SOA, SPF, SRV, TXT records
• Test of both download and upload speeds
• Graphical speed test view
• Speed test history
• Default gateway, external IP (v4 and v6), DNS server, HTTP proxy
• Wifi network information such as SSID, BSSID, IP address, and subnet mask
• Cell (3G, LTE) network information such as IP address, network provider, MCC, MNC
• Monitor of wifi, cell and VPN data usage (both sent and received data since the last boot)
LOCAL SERVICE DISCOVERY
• Bonjour service browser
• UPNP/DLNA service and device browser
• Full IPv6 support everywhere
• History of all performed tasks with the possibility to star the favorite ones
• Export by email, AirPrint, and AirDrop for most tools
• Copy/paste support
• Detailed help
• Regular updates, support page
What's New in Version 7.2
• make it possible to scan for devices connected to personal hotspot
• make ping delay slider semi-logarithmic so it is possible to enter both low (0.2s) and high (120s) values
• add new cyan "W" flag to the LAN scanner to indicate web interface availability
• lots of minor fixes and improvements
*** If you like the app, please consider rating it on the App Store. It really helps. Thanks!
First, the review by 222rem is totally off-balance. This app was never marketed to be a RF strength analyzer. This app is described as being able to analyze the items connected to a wireless network. Yours at home or a network in public. If you are responsible for maintaining a wireless network this app is essential for you to easily perform that work. If I had the use of this tool over the past 10 years it would have made my job much more easy. Now I am looking forward to the next opportunity to solve network issues.
Gotta agree with Insanely, 223rem is clueless as to what this product does. I use it for a quick look at my Wi-Fi network to make sure DHCP and my static addressing is all happy. I also check occasionally make sure that nobody's jumped on my network. C'mon, it's an inexpensive iOS tool. If you have an extensive network in your business rely on your cable company to balance it for you that's what you pay them for. As to connectivity testing, this is a great product.
Required for Comcast Subscribers
First of all, this app has proven effective in helping me diagnose network and connectivity issues. I am a Comcast subscriber because I have no choice. When their service goes out (whenever it rains), or degrades (all of the time), this tool allows me to:
1) Test connectivity using PING and TRACE ROUTE.
2) Test DNS resolution.
3) Run speed tests. Why not Ookla? While I don't think the Ookla results are wrong, they tend to be much rosier than this tool. Additionally, why go to a web page to run a speed test when you have an inexpensive locally-installed app that does it AND retains history.
There are a lot more features all contained in a very inexpensive and stable application that can be used practically anywhere and under most network conditions.
I strongly recommend!!!
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Utilities
- Updated: Feb 07, 2017
- Version: 7.2
- Size: 12.5 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Jiri Techet
- © 2017 Jiri Techet
Compatibility: Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.