By tian jianwen
Open the Mac App Store to buy and download apps.
Very useful Tools.
Network Inspector display the current network traffic, including the amount and rate of the receive and send data.
When your computer connected the network, you can see the current network information, such as network name, ip address, current speed, max speed, data volume of received and sent and so on.
The rate curve for receiving and sending the right of the program will be displayed in chart form.
It's only a speed inspector tool when your computer connected the network.
Double-click the program will switch to the Mini mode.
If you have any suggestion ,tell me(Arbor_tian@me.com) ,I will add your suggestion to update version. let us do it better.
What's New in Version 1.04
1. Retina display support
2.A black/gray colored retina icon in the main menubar
3.A "Macro Mode", show download rate in the main menubar
Was on the right track...
LATEST UPDATE (3/26/2014): Product was on the right track. Developer responsive to suggestions and aggressive in implementing them. However, developement seems to have stopped and seller has not replied to emails since 1/2014. Afraid this may be abandonware. Too bad. Switching back to Little Snitch. It has many of these features, and though I don’t really need it, way more.
One of the things I miss about my old Windows days was a simple system tray icon that I could view for basic internet (or network, if I set it that way) traffic. Sometimes I'm waiting on something to downlaod, or upload and I just want to make sure my connection hasn't stalled.
There are a lot of tools that do this, but they're usually bloated utilities that include so many other features I don't need, and are visually unappealing. I wanted something simple like this program. Unfortunately it falls short for me in a few way, AND if these things were addressed I'd be super psyched and willing to pay more than the $0.99 currently charged.
I wish: (UPDATE: Shortly after writing this review the developer aggressively began integrating many of my suggestions. See updates to this review after each bullet.)
• The icon in the menu bar would respond to traffic. In other words, the red arrow would "light up" when uploading data and the green arrow would do the same when downloading data. When no data is transferring the respective arrow would default to gray, or clear, in the style of most other black menu bar icons. ADDRESSED - It appears the new MACRO MODE now offers this functionality. I don't know how accurately the colors represent the flow of data, but it seems they correspond to data transfer.
• There was a way to make the mini-mode or full-mode display disappear completely so you only see the menu bar icon. ADDRESSED - The new MACRO MODE gets us part way there, however MACRO MODE still shows a numeric display in the menu bar for download rate, which I find clunky, causing unnecessary clutter. I wish showing the numeric portion of MACRO could be toggled off, and then shown when rolling over the icon with the mouse, in the style of say Wifi, Bluetooth, Battery Level, etc.
• Preference to include network activity or just internet activity. UPDATE - It seems that this tool displays ALL network activity. I would like an option to display just Internet activity. For me, my motivation to buy this app is so that I know when my internet is in use or when the connection may have stalled. In addition it is a quick way for me to display what my internet upload and download rates are.
• Preference for different menu bar icon looks. UPDATE - There is a new icon look with active color scheme, which I like very much. However, there is no way to turn this new color scheme off and go back to the old look (which other users may prefer), nor are there any other icon options for the menu bar.
• The X in the upper left of the display for Full Mode would just hide the display window. It's current function is counterintuitive to me; clicking the X closes the entire program. I would think it would better if it just hid the screen, and to close the entire app you would have to quit the app from the menu bar icon. UPDATE - Still an issue.
• You could roll the mouse or pointer over the icon in the menu bar and it would give you a small popup showing the activity or a drop-down showing the activity. UPDATE - See my 2nd bullet.
- Category: Social Networking
- Updated: Mar 14, 2013
- Version: 1.04
- Size: 0.5 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: tian jianwen
- Copyright © 2011 Eriwa Chen. All rights reserved.
Compatibility: OS X 10.6 or later