Network Speed Monitor
By Fangcheng Yin
Open the Mac App Store to buy and download apps.
◆◆◆ ON SALE FOR A LIMITED TIME: 50% OFF◆◆◆
Network Speed Monitor is a simple and easy-to-use application to display your current network speed in menu bar, including the downloading and uploading data.
When your computer connects to the network, you can see your current network speed with Network Speed Monitor.
Network Speed Monitor is a handy application for you to monitor and record your income and outcome data and keep you alert about whatever is running in your computer.
01. Put the menu item in the leftmost place on the menu bar so that other menu items will not fluctuate.
02. Automatically show the speed between Mbps and Kbps.
03. Click and choose to change the refresh interval from 1 second to 10 seconds.
04. Opt to switch from Bits per second to Bytes per second.
05. Check your real network speed to know whether it reaches to the speed which the network operators promise.
06. Know whether there are some hidden applications are running to slow down your network than normal.
07. Keep a track of your internet bandwidth usage so that you will know whether your internet stream go beyond the limit.
08. Instead of having the up and downlink speeds side by side, you can select to put them one on top of the other.
09. Instead of just one color, you can have the download as green and upload red.
10. Add an up arrow and down arrow next to the numbers so you know which one is upstream and which downstream. You need select the menu item "show the up and down arrow" first.
11. Add a menu option to choose between mbit/s, kbit/s and auto.
12. Add a menu item to reset the "Data Received/Data Sent" Stats.
◆◆◆ Bug Fix & Feature Request ◆◆◆
If you have any problem, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
We will fix bugs and add features for you as soon as possible.
What's New in Version 2.0.6
bug fix for crash
Best network speed monitor on the App Store
This app should be built into OSX!
I’ve been using this app since a couple of years and have been looking to it once every single minute since.
As you can read in other reviews yes there were some small problems with the app quiting after a while, but this 2.0.6 version brings an end to that. No more crashes. I’ve been using this version since about a month and it still works perfect.
If you have a less stable internet connection, or if your work depends on your network connection don’t look any further. This is by far the best monitoring app on the market.
Others complain the speed reading is wrong. This never was the case even with earlier versions. Perhaps these people were confused between KB/s and Kb/s. You can switch between bytes and bits in the app settings. I can confirm that the speed reading is perfectly accurate.
Others complain it takes too much system resources. While - indeed - an app constantly monitoring real time network traffic speeds uses some resources. But I never had the feeling it slowed down my system, even back in the days I used it on a basic low spec 2010 MBP.
Others praise the support and efforts of the author. That’s absolutely true.
Big thanks to the author for being so nice to help me. Amazing support. Recommended +++
App Does NOT Monitor Network Speed
This app monitors how much bandwith the computer is using, both upstream and downstream. It does NOT measure the realtime bandwith capabilities, which is what it purports to do.
Fixed a bug in a few hours works great
So I just bought this and noticed that the top/bottom feature uses a lot less room for the text, but the space it took up was still as wide. I noted this to the dev and they fixed it in like 6 hours!! Not typical for sure but im amazed they responded to something so minor! The app itself is really excellent. Works perfectly, and is really nice to monitor traffic with web / NAS stuff going on. Lots of options and customization!
Update 2/19/16 -
Sent another request for an optional fixed width size so it doesnt change as you go from low usage to high usage. They completed my request perfectly! REALLY a great product, and well well well worth the asking price! Never had a crash or issue with this app, uses very little resources. 6 stars!
- Category: Utilities
- Updated: Jul 21, 2015
- Version: 2.0.6
- Size: 1.3 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Fangcheng Yin
- © 2015 CokeSoft
Compatibility: OS X 10.7 or later, 64-bit processor