By Quiet Pupil
This app is only available on the App Store for iOS devices.
NeuBible is a beautiful, modern Bible app.
"An elegant and radically simplified mobile app for the Bible." - Fast Company
"Marries distraction-free design with soul-liberating intentions...reading on NeuBible is comparable to something as seamless as Medium" - PSFK
"NeuBible has raised the bar for reading apps to an astronomical height." - Beautiful Pixels
• Intuitive, gesture-based navigation — Getting around in apps can be so confusing. With NeuBible's spine navigation, it's always easy to remember where you are and what you were doing. Plus, it's always within a thumb's reach, and even easy to use with the larger screens of the iPhone 6 & 6 Plus!
• A beautiful, considered reading experience — We've licensed fonts from Hoefler & Co, Linotype, Commercial Type & DSType, and hand-tuned the margins, line spacing and font sizes to give you as considered a reading experience as you'll find anywhere on iOS.
• Lightweight...AND LIGHTNING FAST — From its insanely quick loading speed, to its inventive use of navigation, everything about NeuBible has been optimized and engineered to get you to books and verses, and get reading as quickly as possible.
• Quick Search — Double tap anywhere while reading to quickly access search and easily find books, keywords, and even jump directly to verses.
• Timeline View — Quickly access your highlighted verses, along with any verse(s) you've bookmarked.
• Easy chapter navigation — Swipe left in the book view or while reading to quickly navigate to other chapters.
• Reading mode customization — Customize your reading experience with control of font formatting and day & night reading modes.
• Reading Reminders — No unwanted push notifications here, just the ones you set yourself.
• Gesture-based verse highlighting — Simply tap, hold, and drag your finger down the screen to highlight and copy verses.
• Make NeuBible your own w/ themes — Since the Bible is one of the most personal reading experiences you'll ever have, we wanted to help you make it feel even more personal. Themes are basically like going to the bookstore and picking out that ONE perfect Bible for yourself when you were a kid...
• iCloud Sync — Keep all of your highlights* and timeline backed up and synced across devices seamlessly with iCloud Sync
*We currently only support iCloud sync for highlights at this time. We've put a lot of thought into this and feel that even though it would be easy to do, given the different places and ways most people use their iPhones and iPads, also syncing reading position and bookmark wouldn't provide the best user experience.
• English Standard Version (ESV)*
• Holman Christian Standard Bible (HCSB)
• World English Bible (WEB)
• American Standard Version (ASV)
• King James Version (KJV)
• Common English Bible (CEB)*
• New American Standard Bible (NASB)*
• New International Version (NIV)*
• New King James Version (NKJV)*
*Available via in-app purchase
If you'd like to find out more about the translation licensing process, ask us a question about the ones that are currently available, or send us a request for your favorite translation, you contact us at http://www.neubible.co, on Facebook, or on Twitter at @neubibleco
What's New in Version 1.2.1
Our 'biggest update yet...NeuBible for iPad is here!!!
Don't worry iPhone users, we didn't forget about you—we’ve also added 3D touch support on the homescreen for the iPhone 6s & 6s Plus, and also cleaned up a bunch of translations issues.
Native iPad support:
• Everything is new here, we've reimagined NeuBible for the larger screen of the iPad
• Redesigned translation browsing
• We heard you! !e've removed the "continue reading" notification (!!) and now just drop you back in the app where you left off!
• We've applied new device-specific margin metrics for each specific iPad size (7.9", 9.7" & 12.9")
• Doubled line truncation for verses in timeline view from 3 lines to 6 lines
• If you’re using NeuBible for iPhone, you won’t notice any visual changes—but you will notice that we’ve fixed a bunch of translation issues that have plagued everyone.
• We've removed the "Continue Reading" notification you'd see on opening the app after extended periods of time (and now just drop you where you last left off)
• We’ve also added 3D touch support from the app icon on your home screen, so let us know if that’s buggy for you on your iPhone 6s or 6s Plus.
• (FIXED) ESV combining words together, most notably uses of the divine “LORD” in the Old Testament
• (FIXED) ESV had some verses at the end of books and chapters missing
• (FIXED) HCSB had some issues where multiple headers all be together at the top of the book and not inline where they should have been
• (FIXED) HCSB had random bullets and special characters littered throughout chapter section headers that are used for meta data and reference callouts, and we’re properly removing those
• (FIXED) HCSB had some tab and hard-return issues in the poetry books, but not anymore
• (FIXED) NASB is no longer wrapping the divine usage of “Lord” in the Old Testament in brackets
As always, we continue to be floored by everyone's response to NeuBible. We thank you again for your continued support!
We are a small 3-person team, so if you love using the app, be sure to leave a review on the App Store!
- Kory, Aaron & Zach
The best bible *reading* experience anywhere
NeuBible is the bomb. Best bible reading experience anywhere. Actually, best pure READING experience anywhere (focused, uncluttered, AMAZING typography), killer intuitive navigation, not bloated with “features," etc. When I say “best reading experience”, I mean of *any* app, not just Bible apps. Kindle, iBooks, e-readers should take notes.
My two main suggestions: it would be basically perfect (for me) if it had a way to take notes (supposedly they have ideas for this...) and had a way to track reading plans (like He Reads Truth, which has a great reading plan feature, but an otherwise awful reading experience).
I have this general dislike for most “Christian” products, because they’re so often crappy rip-offs or very poorly executed, but NeuBible is what a “Christian” app *should* be: best in class to reflect the creativity & inspiration God gives us.
Gorgeous, thoughtful Bible reading experience
I remember when I found out about new NeuBible on Twitter, former Twitter employee leading a team of developers focused on bringing a beautiful smooth Bible reading experience to iOS. Not that the Bible needed anything on top of what it was, but that it deserved the respect of a great and thoughtful design in the modern smart phone era. I bought the app the day that it came out (this was back when it was a paid app), and I beta tested the iPad app as well. It is my absolute favorite Bible app, and I recommend it to everyone who asks me what Bible app I use. I'm thrilled to support the team of developers who wants to provide a great experience to the Christian community, and sees the value in creating a great Bible reading experience for my iPad and iPhone. Thank you guys so much for the hard work!
This isn't a friend-sharing, picture-making, cross-linking, social-media, do-everything-include-read-it-to-you bible apps. This is an app that simply presents you with the text of the Holy Scripture, and provides you a simple means to navigate it. I can't say there's a "scroll bar" to get to the book and chapter; the navigation is far simpler than a normal scroll bar. I wish my kindle were so basic... I would love to read all of my books with this. The only improvement would be to be able to switch "pages" rather than to have continuous scrolling text when reading. But I really can't recommend this app enough.
- Category: Reference
- Updated: May 05, 2016
- Version: 1.2.1
- Size: 213 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Quiet Pupil LLC
- © Quiet Pupil, LLC
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
Top In-App Purchases
- New American Standard Bible$1.99
- English Standard Version$4.99
- New International Version$9.99
- Minimal Pack$0.99
- Modern Pack$0.99
- New King James Version$9.99
- Common English Bible$7.99