Written by a vascular neurologist!
Lots of Commonly Used Neurology/Neurosurgery Grading Scales in One Place - Many With Prognosis!
NIH Stroke Scale and Much, Much More!
Not Flashy - Just Fast and Functional
iPhone/iPod Touch/iPad Universal App
NIH Stroke Scale - With Emailed Results for your office chart
ABCD2 Scale for TIAs
CHADS2 Score for Afib
Framingham Heart Score
F.A.S.T Stroke Screen
ASCO Stroke Subtyping
ASTRAL Stroke Outcome
GWTG Stroke Mortality
New Oral Anticoagulant Dosing
RACE Score for Large Vessel Occlusion
RoPE Score for PFO related Stroke
tPA Exclusions/Reversal/Angioedema Mgmt
Hunt and Hess Scale (includes prognosis)
Fisher Scale (includes prognosis)
Modified Fisher Scale (includes prognosis)
World Federation of Neurosurgeons Scale
Ogilvy-Carter System (includes prognosis)
Risk of Aneurysm Rupture
PHASES Aneurysm Rupture Score
UIATS Aneurysm Treatment
Spetzler-Martin AVM Scale
Risk of AVM Rupture
ICH Volume Calculation
ICH Score (includes prognosis)
FUNC Outcome Score
Glasgow Coma Scale - Adult and < 2 y.o.
Anoxic Encephalopathy Prognosis Algorithm
AAN Brain Death Criteria
SCAT2 Sports Concussion Scale
Ramsay Sedation Scale
FOUR Score for Coma
St. Louis University Mental Status Exam (SLUMS)
Glasgow Outcome Score
Modified Rankin Score
Oxford Handicap Scale
Cerebral Performance Categories Score
Modified Ashworth Spasticity Scale
Corrected Phenytoin Levels for Low Albumin
including SI units
Anticonvulsant Dosing and Blood Levels
Renal Dosing of Certain Anticonvulsants
List of Broad and Narrow Spectrum Anticonvulsants
Status Epilepticus Management
AAN Epilepsy Quality Measures with summary page
UPDRS (Unified Parkinson's Disease Rating Scale)
**NOTE: This is the original UPDRS, not the 2007 MDS UPDRS
AAN Parkinson's Quality Measures with summary page
Snellen Eye Chart
EDSS Calculator for MS
McDonald 2010 Diagnostic Criteria
MIDAS Migraine Test
Geriatric Depression Score
El Escorial Revised ALS Diagnostic Criteria
House Brackmann Facial Palsy Grading System
mEGOS and EGRIS Guillain Barre Prognosis
STOP BANG OSA Screen
Flashlight with Pupil Sizes and "Tuning Fork" for Apple devices that have these features.
Journal References for all Scores/Scales
All Results can be Emailed in a Text File or Password Protected PDF file
A Top 20 Paid Medical iPhone App!
A Top 30 Paid Medical iPad App!
Featured in the "New and Noteworthy" Medical App Section
Reviewed in Neurology (the green journal) May 15, 2012:
"I recommend Neuro Toolkit to all neurology practitioners"
Reviewed in MD Net Guide Neurology/Psychiatry Magazine September 2010: "very useful", "liked the interface", "presented in a clear-cut and usable fashion"
A "useful app" December 16, 2010 Neurology Today
More Coming Soon - Please Suggest Some !
1. Added Impact TBI Prognosis - thanks to Anantha Vellipuram
2. Added tPA Exclusions to Stroke Menu - thanks to Joshua Lovell and Kourosh Kahkeshani
3. Added tPA Reversal and Angioedema management guidelines
4. Updated tPA exclusions for 2018 ASA Guidelines
5. Fixed typo in Six Simple - thanks to Sergiu Besliu
6. Fixed ECASS definitions - thanks to Steven Warach
7. Added Words and Sentences for the Spanish NIHSS (the pictures are the same)
8. Streamlined the Phenytoin level calculator
9. Added doses in mcg/kg/min to status epilepticus drips - thanks to Jonathan Amy
10. Moved ICH Scales to its own section - the Stroke/TIA section was getting long
Ratings and Reviews
Great for Hospitalists
I use the NIHSS, regularly and find the other neurology recourses fantastic. I just need to remember to open it up and use it as it is so jammed pack with goodness.
The best app for acute neuro management
Strong foundation for acute scores and management recommendation. Good app for clinic use too.
Definitely recommended to be used by every Neurologist/ ED specialist dealing with acute neurological conditions.
Why isn’t the tuning fork working?
- Kent Ellington
- 19.1 MB
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- You must be at least 17 years old to download this app.
- Frequent/Intense Medical/Treatment Information
- © 2010-2017 Kent Ellington, M.D.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.