The Official Journal of the American Academy of Neurology
As the leading clinical neurology journal worldwide, Neurology® is directed to physicians concerned with diseases and conditions of the nervous system. Published 48 times per year, the journal delivers original articles of high scientific interest, as well as Clinical/Scientific notes, Views & Reviews, NeuroImages, Humanities, selected videos, calendar listings, and position papers from the American Academy of Neurology.
- Easy-to-read full-text articles
- Adjustable text sizing with “pinch and zoom”
- Engaging multimedia videos, images, and podcasts
- Speedy issue-browsing capability via Quick View
- Access to all back issues and search functionality within the app
- Podcast audio continues to play as you read through the issue
- Background downloading allows issues to continue to download when you exit the app
- Critical bug fixes; update mandatory
Ratings and Reviews
A model for scientific publishing
Gets nearly everything right! Here's a summary review:
GREAT: Looks like the real journal! That's the very best feature, and means the app has good typesetting, readable column sizes, and excellent layout. Also great are automatic notifications about new issues and downloading content for offline reading. Navigation is intuitive and excellent.
GOOD: Archive feature lets me re-download content but only whole issues at a time.
FUTURE SUGGESTIONS: I'd love to be able to send a citation for an article to the clipboard, and even better would love to send an article PDF to Goodreader for annotation and filing.
I think the AAN has set the standard for scientific publishing with this elegant app.
Good, could be better
Very basic. Lacks ability to search keywords or sort articles by topic. Lacks ability to flag articles for further review or add to favorites list. Lacks ability to highlight or write notes in margin. Lacks ability to save or download only articles you want, forces you to download entire journal, annoying ads and all. Each journal is close to 100 megs, will rapidly eat up disk space. No compelling reason to switch from paper version at this time.
Professional prayers answered
This is a superbly executed app and presents the Neurology Journal exactly as it should be. No more stacking the weekly journals in piles that seem to grow exponentially. For me this is the best medical app that has come out for the IPad. I only hope that all future journals and textbooks could follow how well this is done.
- Wolters Kluwer Health
- 21.4 MB
- Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPad.
- Age Rating
- Rated 12+ for the following:
- Infrequent/Mild Medical/Treatment Information
- ©2014 American Academy of Neurology
- In-App Purchases
- Neurology April 3, 2012 $24.99
- Neurology Jan 10, 2012 $24.99
- Neurology - Jan 1, 2013 $24.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.